Laissez les bons temps rouler! 2015 New Orleans Saints thread

Options

Comments

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off topic but did anyone check out Ben Watson's book?
  • jee504
    Options
    As a fan, idk if I want a win or a loss for a high draft pick. We can't do ? right.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want us to lose

I can admit that.
  • jee504
    Options
    We won. Ehhh. Defense played better.
  • jee504
    Options
    So mathematically, we still have a chance to make the playoffs.

Most Saints fans had written off this season a long time ago. But technically, it's not over yet and the Saints still have a chance, albeit it a miniscule one, to make the post-season. It would take winning out the season by the Saints and a whole lot of cooperation from many of the other teams around the league. So here's what needs to happen in order for the Saints to make the 2015 NFL playoffs:

1) The Saints must WIN all of their remaining games (Lions, Jaguars, Falcons).

2) The Vikings must LOSE all of their remaining games (Bears, Giants, Packers).

3) The Buccaneers must LOSE two of their three remaining games (Rams, Bears, Panthers).

4) The Rams must LOSE one of their remaining games (Buccaneers, Seahawks, 49ers).

5) The second place team in the NFC East must be 7-9 or it must be the Eagles or Giants with an 8-8 record.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2015/12/13/10059010/nfl-playoff-picture-2015-saints-can-still-make-playoffs
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This season is a wrap, we are gonna lose at least one of those games.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    So mathematically, we still have a chance to make the playoffs.

Most Saints fans had written off this season a long time ago. But technically, it's not over yet and the Saints still have a chance, albeit it a miniscule one, to make the post-season. It would take winning out the season by the Saints and a whole lot of cooperation from many of the other teams around the league. So here's what needs to happen in order for the Saints to make the 2015 NFL playoffs:

1) The Saints must WIN all of their remaining games (Lions, Jaguars, Falcons).

2) The Vikings must LOSE all of their remaining games (Bears, Giants, Packers).

3) The Buccaneers must LOSE two of their three remaining games (Rams, Bears, Panthers).

4) The Rams must LOSE one of their remaining games (Buccaneers, Seahawks, 49ers).

5) The second place team in the NFC East must be 7-9 or it must be the Eagles or Giants with an 8-8 record.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2015/12/13/10059010/nfl-playoff-picture-2015-saints-can-still-make-playoffs

Bruh!!!
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't mind the team going BPA with the 1st pick at corner, defensive end, tackle, or wide receiver. Cornerback, defensive end opposite Jordan, outside linebacker, and receiver needs help the most IMO. Also wouldn't mind Zach Strief being replaced, do they keep Peat at left guard and just draft another tackle?

I'm very, very down on Keenan Lewis too, these last 2 seasons have been complete disappointments IMO, I wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot next year and would bring in some youthful competition to challenge him.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Let's get our draft boards out.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    We should have took Collins. Because he's a much better guard then Peat

That dude is soft as baby ? .

And like I told y'all before. TA is a beast at LT.

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    We should have took Collins. Because he's a much better guard then Peat

That dude is soft as baby ? .

And like I told y'all before. TA is a beast at LT.

Collins had that charge over his head. In the end, He didnt want to stay in Louisiana. That is why he never gave the Saints a real chance.

Look for the Saints to go DT for first round. Then go OG for second round. If their is a good tall receiver still in the second round they will go WR.
    1st round: DT or QB
    2nd round: WR or OG
    3rd round: WR or OG or QB
    4th round: WLB
    5th round: best player
    6th round: best player

If they pick a DB in this draft, I might go shoot a mfer.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    No QB is worth a draft pick from any round this year.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    But we need CBs and WRs in the worst way.
  • caddo man
    Options
    But we need CBs and WRs in the worst way.

Remember we have three CBs on IR. One is a draft pick that never played.

PJ Williams Florida State
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/p.j.-williams?id=2552484

So the starting CB will be Lewis, Breaux, Browner (should be moved to safety), Williams and Kyle Wilson is a good backup. Swann's career is over.
    No QB is worth a draft pick from any round this year.

The QB from Memphis is a first round draft pick. Is he that good? IDK Also the kid from Penn State is a good 3rd rounder.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once we lower our salary cap space by extending Drew Brees contract and dumping a few bums off the roster, Danny Trevathan is a Will linebacker I think we need to show the money to in free agency. The potential with him and Stephone Anthony at linebacker, we'd definitely wouldn't killed by tight ends and running backs anymore in the passing game.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? !!!!! The Saints and The Pelicans can't do anything right!.

? this mediocrity ? .

Smh 7-9 season in a ? draft. They this exact ? last year.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think we need any defensive backs; we just need to concentrate on getting the guys we have healthy at that position.

The top of my wish list includes drafting an outside linebacker, offensive guard, a tall wide receiver, and another defensive lineman doesn't matter if it's a tackle or end.

Brees contract needs to be restructured to free up money.

Mickey Loomis needs to actually go invest some time and energy in hiring a decent defensive coordinator.

Brandon Browner needs to see his playing time cut or he needs to be moved to strong safety, he's to big and slow to play corner in this league especially without safety help over the top. I think a good DC would utilize him better.

In next years draft (2017) start looking toward the future and life after Brees; it should be a few pretty good quarterbacks maybe move up in the draft and draft one of them let him come up under Brees and bring him along slow similar to how Green Bay did with Aaron Rodgers when he was Favre's backup.

I hadn't seen enough of Garrett Grayson to be exact but I'm not sure he's the answer for the future nor is the perennial backup Matt Flynn.

I might be overly optimistic, but I think this team is 3-4 players and a solid defensive coordinator from being right back in the playoffs; the squad won 7 games in a down year you come back and add 3-4 wins to that you right back in the playoffs.

The one thing working against us is our division is getting better over the last year or two ATL, CAR, and TB have all improved their personnel were as we've kinda regressed with letting go of some key guys and salary cap issues.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    We're picking 12th.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well same ? as last year but, at least we got the sweep on The Falcons.
    Hopefully we can get right in the draft, get rid of Browner and Byrd ASAP and hopefully Brees takes that paycut.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    It's the defense.

Everytime I look up the defense is breaking records. And not in a good way.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Man if they can get Nkemdiche and a Guard in the second round I will be happy. Draft a LB or WR in the third and then maybe a small school OL in the fourth.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I hope we don't draft him.
  • caddo man
    Options
    I dont trust A'shawn Robinson. He will be good but not first round good.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    I don't think we need any defensive backs; we just need to concentrate on getting the guys we have healthy at that position.

The top of my wish list includes drafting an outside linebacker, offensive guard, a tall wide receiver, and another defensive lineman doesn't matter if it's a tackle or end.

Brees contract needs to be restructured to free up money.

Mickey Loomis needs to actually go invest some time and energy in hiring a decent defensive coordinator.

Brandon Browner needs to see his playing time cut or he needs to be moved to strong safety, he's to big and slow to play corner in this league especially without safety help over the top. I think a good DC would utilize him better.

In next years draft (2017) start looking toward the future and life after Brees; it should be a few pretty good quarterbacks maybe move up in the draft and draft one of them let him come up under Brees and bring him along slow similar to how Green Bay did with Aaron Rodgers when he was Favre's backup.

I hadn't seen enough of Garrett Grayson to be exact but I'm not sure he's the answer for the future nor is the perennial backup Matt Flynn.

I might be overly optimistic, but I think this team is 3-4 players and a solid defensive coordinator from being right back in the playoffs; the squad won 7 games in a down year you come back and add 3-4 wins to that you right back in the playoffs.

The one thing working against us is our division is getting better over the last year or two ATL, CAR, and TB have all improved their personnel were as we've kinda regressed with letting go of some key guys and salary cap issues.

restructuring Brees is yet ANOTHER band aid.

restructuring him is how you end up paying him $30M next year...just need to ride the last year out tbh.

Grayson is who they drafted to bring under Brees. No need to draft yet another quarterback in a draft where defense is the focus.