Laissez les bons temps rouler! 2015 New Orleans Saints thread

Options

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8-8 is my prediction. Too many injuries and questionable defense play. I also have question marks about the o line.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First time offense looked great

Points on every drive Brees had.

And with more focus on the run game we good. We can get a lead and run the ball to win.

8-8 is disrespectful. We have the best team in the division. And can easily sweep the division.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's gonna be between us and Atlanta at 10-6, Jameis is gonna have consistency problems as a rookie, and Carolina's offense will be ? awful like they always are even if they had Kelvin for the whole season.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our schedule favors us. We just need to get the defense off the field on third downs and close games if we have a lead.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I have no faith in Rob Ryan's defense improving...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan must got the worlds largest rabbit foot in his pocket

I understand him not wanting to show his hand too much in preseason, but damn, last night was terribad

again, putting things into perspective, im not exactly sure what he was doing. I mean, if the goal was to just leave the game as healthy as possible, then i guessed he succeeded, but i didnt see one blitz one time.

I hope they've been trolling everybody else with Vaccaro an Browners injuries. Those are pretty key positions that need to be healthy starting next week. Breaux seems like the only guy ready to play. Jean-Baptiste needs to step up.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Jean-Baptiste needs to be cut and out of the league but he might still make it because of Keenan Lewis injury.
  • jee504
    Options
    @ZydecoShawty do you like anything about our team? You seem so angry about everything.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    @ZydecoShawty do you like anything about our team? You seem so angry about everything.

Bruh, stop it. Constructive criticism over poor production does not equal anger.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Ryan had a great year and a bad year

Why should he be fired?

All that switching coaches so quick is what trash teams do.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the saints this year ......I could see the offense clicking nicely ...I could easily see a strong 6-10 for them without a doubt
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Stanley Jean-Baptiste was a Rob Ryan endorsed pick, we all see that pick isn't turning out to well.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I don't believe Loomis and Coach would listen to Ryan about drafting a a player.

He don't have that type of influence in the organization.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Baptiste was a Rob Ryan endorsed pick, as well as the Champ Bailey acquisition.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Baptiste was was the worst 2nd round pick of the Sean Payton era.
  • AP21
    Options
    yea..i dont know what to expect on sunday lol
  • jee504
    Options
    I expect the offense to be good and the defense to be bending/breaking.
    Gonna be a long season. I'm expecting a lot of screaming at the tv and heavy drinking.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    The team on Tuesday hosted free-agent pass-catcher Hakeem Nicks for a workout, according to Nick Underhill of The New Orleans Advocate.

Nicks was released by the Titans on Saturday, leaving the 27-year-old looking for work after six seasons in the NFL with the Giants and Colts.

Nicks has seen his speed dry up after a laundry list of foot and lower-body injuries. The former Big Blue star looked healthier down the stretch with the Colts last season, but the Saints can't view him as more than a depth addition. Still, the Saints have just four wideouts on their roster in Marques Colston, Brandin Cooks, Willie Snead and Brandon Coleman.

If the Saints pass, we wouldn't be stunned to see Tennessee -- another team with just four receivers -- bring Nicks back in the days ahead.
  • AP21
    Options
    Spiller out for the game this sunday...well alright
  • jee504
    Options
    2015 Saints Roster

QB Drew Brees, Luke McCown, Garrett Grayson

RB Mark Ingram, C.J. Spiller, Khiry Robinson, Marcus Murphy, Tim Hightower

FB Austin Johnson

WR Marques Colston, Brandin Cooks, Brandon Coleman, Willie Snead

TE Ben Watson, Josh Hill

T Terron Armstead, Zach Strief, Andrus Peat

G Jahri Evans, Senio Kelemente, Tim Lelito, Mike McGlynn

C Max Unger

DE Cameron Jordan, Akiem Hicks, Bobby Richardson, Tavaris Barnes, Obum Gwachum

DT Tyeler Davidson, John Jenkins, Kevin Williams, Kaleb Eulls

LB Stephone Anthony, Hau'oli Kikaha, Dannell Ellerbe, David Hawthorne, Ramon Humber, Kasim Edebali, Davis Tull, Michael Mauti

CB Keenan Lewis, Brandon Browner, Delvin Breaux, Kyle Wilson, Damian Swann, Brian Dixon

S Jairus Byrd, Kenny Vaccaro, Rafael Bush, Jamarca Sanford

K Zach Hocker

P Thomas Morstead

LS Justin Drescher
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan is under investigation after an incident was reported at a Warehouse District nightclub early Sunday, New Orleans police confirmed Tuesday evening (Sept. 8).

A woman told police that she and her boyfriend "got into an altercation with a male subject identified as Cameron Jordan" at 828 S. Peters St., the location of Republic New Orleans nightclub, according to news release from Tyler Gamble, NOPD communications director.

"Detectives are reviewing surveillance video and the investigation is ongoing," Gamble said in the release. "No charges have been filed and no arrests have been made at this point."

Gamble said the incident was reported to police at 4:43 a.m. Sunday.

According to an earlier report from WWL, a man and his girlfriend alleged that Jordan swatted the woman on her behind and then got into a minor scuffle with her boyfriend in the bathroom.

Jordan recently signed a five-year, $60 million contract extension with the Saints.

The Saints said they have no comment on the investigation.
  • caddo man
    Options
    We gon be the ? if they ever come up with a healing syrup to fix everyone that is hurt.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I just hope the youth movement in the front 7 pays off and help the secondary out til Lewis and Byrd get back. I think they should have PUP Byrd til he gets 100% healthy. Seems like a guessing game on when they expect him to be back. Still having issues with a knee he had surgery done on last year and ? , I don't see the point of rushing him back and risking re-injury with all this uncertainty.
  • caddo man
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we ready ? ???!!!!! They better bring it on Sunday!!! That's all I gotta say.