Laissez les bons temps rouler! 2015 New Orleans Saints thread

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I look at all these Louisiana players that could be playing for the Saints. Is it me or do they avoid Louisiana players in the draft?

Jeremy Hill
    Matt forte
    Jarvis Landry
    Michael Brockers
    Eric Reid
    Trai Turner
    Eddie Lacy

It is other Louisiana natives on other college teams they seem to always skip past. I am like WTF.

I know why they passed on Tyrann. They were going to draft La'El but he had the girlfriend thing going on.

Almost every Louisiana native has been lights out for the Saints. The State is producing, the Saints need to start buying.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the purpose of Rob Ryan?
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Drew can throw for a million yards in a game but can't score in the end zone. SHAMEFUL
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What.......what if we lose next week in the dome against Tampa Bay? Jesus everything may crash
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I look at all these Louisiana players that could be playing for the Saints. Is it me or do they avoid Louisiana players in the draft?

Jeremy Hill
    Matt forte
    Jarvis Landry
    Michael Brockers
    Eric Reid
    Trai Turner
    Eddie Lacy

It is other Louisiana natives on other college teams they seem to always skip past. I am like WTF.

I know why they passed on Tyrann. They were going to draft La'El but he had the girlfriend thing going on.

Almost every Louisiana native has been lights out for the Saints. The State is producing, the Saints need to start buying.

Matheiu
    Ruben Randel is pretty good too
    Perry Riley
    Steven Ridley

And this is just the LSU players.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: sundays game

so much blame to go around

What's interesting about Peyton is how he chews Rob Ryan out, but does equally dumb ? . Arizona kept picking on Breaux, but despite all of that, I still think he is going to be a good db. He just has to settle down and learn those little small things that the good dbs use to their advantage. Patrick Peterson was doing the same thing to Cooks as Breaux was doing to his matchup, but Peterson is a veteran who knows the tricks that dont get caught by the officials.

If the only way Peyton can get cooks the ball is with screens and reverses, its gon be a long season. Didnt realize the defense gave up 400+ yards. That ? took me by surprise b/c it did look like the bulk of the yards came on big plays, but they seemed to hold it down in between

The biggest takeaway is going to be the 1/4 in the redzone. Everyone is going to say this is where they miss Graham. But, they didnt try to get the ball to anyone else in these situations.

YOU CANT SCREEN A TEAM OVER AND OVER AND OVER and not expect them to make adjustments.

Peyton calling plays like its still the preseason. He must not realize these games actually count.

Saints got out schemed...period
  • caddo man
    Options
    The D should be much better because Breaux is the third CB. The linebacking corp cant cover a TE. That is a big problem. I keep harping about the injuries but There are alot of people returning in 4 -6 weeks. They kept Spencer around for a reason. They are hoping he can at the least be a situational pass rusher.

Cam J. stepped up. Browner should have had a INT. If Byrd is not back soon they may bring back K. Phillip. The run D doesnt look good. Arizona either has a resurgent run game or not even Williams can help. Antony showed good anticipation in the run game but he needs help. Hicks is becoming a one hit wonder.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I can take from the game is the defense got better as the game went on but then in the 3rd-4th it showed flashes of being trash and having so many young players reared its head.

Idk how many times breaux ? up though

We seemed actually committed to the run but we still are mostly comfortable throwing a screen to the backs

Hopefully the team can show it can score TDs w/o graham
  • AP21
    Options
    well, having the run game avg 2.7yds isnt gonna keep the defense honest. I dont think that is going to be the case all year long b/c people tend to forget the cardinals actually have a pretty damn good defense.

I'm staying away from saints sites to avoid people jumping off the bridge/wagon after one game.

Agree with Caddo about Cam. But he gotta do better securing the sack once he get in the backfield. Thats the only way he will ever be mentioned in the top tier of DEs in the league. Pressures help, but tipped passes and sacks mean more imo.

I see the Browner signing is paying off already. They didnt target him that much, but he seemed to do ok to say he didnt play the preseason either.
  • caddo man
    edited September 2015
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    well, having the run game avg 2.7yds isnt gonna keep the defense honest. I dont think that is going to be the case all year long b/c people tend to forget the cardinals actually have a pretty damn good defense.

I'm staying away from saints sites to avoid people jumping off the bridge/wagon after one game.

Agree with Caddo about Cam. But he gotta do better securing the sack once he get in the backfield. Thats the only way he will ever be mentioned in the top tier of DEs in the league. Pressures help, but tipped passes and sacks mean more imo.

I see the Browner signing is paying off already. They didnt target him that much, but he seemed to do ok to say he didnt play the preseason either.

Browner signing is going to help because when ? goes bad, he has perspective. Just like Breaux he is an ex-CFLer.
  • caddo man
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The D should be much better because Breaux is the third CB. The linebacking corp cant cover a TE. That is a big problem. I keep harping about the injuries but There are alot of people returning in 4 -6 weeks. They kept Spencer around for a reason. They are hoping he can at the least be a situational pass rusher.

Cam J. stepped up. Browner should have had a INT. If Byrd is not back soon they may bring back K. Phillip. The run D doesnt look good. Arizona either has a resurgent run game or not even Williams can help. Antony showed good anticipation in the run game but he needs help. Hicks is becoming a one hit wonder.
    New Orleans Saints re-signing safety Kenny Phillips, according to source
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/09/new_orleans_saints_re-signing.html#incart_maj-story-2

New Orleans Saints safety Rafael Bush suffered torn pectoral muscle, according to report
  • AP21
    Options
    well...damn lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    They needed to just PUP Byrd to start the season with all this uncertainty about his return. 'Oh, he could be back in Week 2, 3, 4, or 5' man GTFOH with that.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope we bounce back against Tampa
  • caddo man
    Options
    New Orleans Saints running back C.J. Spiller returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since Aug. 11, albeit on a limited basis.

It had been more than a month since Spiller did anything in practice beyond work on the side with trainers, but Saints coach Sean Payton said he wasn't worried he would be too far behind because of his early training camp snaps.

"When you look at CJ and (Dannell) Ellerbe and a few of these guys, they got training camp work, so he's up to speed," Payton said. "It'll be a little different transition as we go through with Jairus (Byrd) compared to Keenan or Spiller for that matter."

I hope this means he is ready for Carolina at least. Dannell Ellerbe is limited in practice but he is at least out there.
    south4life wrote: »
    I hope we bounce back against Tampa

If the Saints lose that game. The season is will hard to bare. Tampa is hot garbage right now. They may be better later. But now.............Hot garbage! And it is in the Dome. Not a cake walk but a win.

• caddo man
    Options
    The New Orleans Saints didn't bring veteran receiver Joe Morgan back just to play special teams.

Head coach Sean Payton said Morgan, who was re-signed on Wednesday, will be active on Sunday and play a role on offense when the Saints (0-1) play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1) at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Payton said the Saints "went one direction" in Week 1, but wanted to take advantage of Morgan's "great speed on the outside" in Week 2.

"If you're just running (Brandin) Cooks vertical, at some point he gets tired," Payton said. "So having Joe, there's another element of speed.

"He'll play in this game. He'll have a role in this game."
  • Beta
    Options
    Wasnt it last season where we said, we better not lose to wack ass Tampa and we did lol

I hope that don't happen again
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    They better blitz the hell outta Jameis, ? all that sitting back in coverage and rushing with a 4 man front ? got damn it.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Wasnt it last season where we said, we better not lose to wack ass Tampa and we did lol

The Saints have beaten Tampa eight straight times.
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

The Saints have beaten Tampa eight straight times.

Yoo that's crazy...who the ? am I thinking about then?
  • French-Bad-Boy
    French-Bad-Boy Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi! I'm french and I know nobody ? cares about me here but I just want to say: "Laissez les bons temps rouler" means ? nothing. Bye! :)
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We suck man. I see so many things wrong with this team. It's like we have no identity and chemistry
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brees arm strength has looked questionable those passes down field look wobbly and like he has a limp noodle arm.