Comments

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Help... me

what's your budget?

? can I get by with a $500 budget? If I have to i'll bump it up to $600 I just want something thats gonna be able to play the good ? & by good ? I mean games like GTA V, DayZ, etc.. etc. The PC i got now will play DayZ but I always have to lower ? like textures and other stuff just so I can play. Im tired of doing that ?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    either one of those builds i posted earlier will play games at 1080p. If you wanna add a little more towards the gpu, then we can remove the disc drive it you strictly gone buy games digitally.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    either one of those builds i posted earlier will play games at 1080p. If you wanna add a little more towards the gpu, then we can remove the disc drive it you strictly gone buy games digitally.

Oh hell yea, bruh i cant remember the last time i bought the physical copy of a game Steam and torrents done spoiled my ass. I try not to torrent so much and when I dont I buy my ? directly from steam so i'll definitely be doing away with the disc drive
  • AP21
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

Oh hell yea, bruh i cant remember the last time i bought the physical copy of a game Steam and torrents done spoiled my ass. I try not to torrent so much and when I dont I buy my ? directly from steam so i'll definitely be doing away with the disc drive

i havent torrented on single game...the prices be too perfect for me. Plus, i started reading reviews and going to youtube to see gameplays before I buy, PLUS, steam got a fire return policy. You can return a game for any reason as long as you havent played it for more than 2 hrs.

I bought Dead Rising 3 during the summer steam sale and it kept having issues. Come to find out, it was a ? port. I had only clocked 30 min on it, requested my money back, and it took less than a day for the refund.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Case | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

CPU | i5-4690K @4.3GHz

CPU Cooler | Corsair H105

Mainboard | MSI Gaming 3

RAM | 2x 8GB Corsair Venegance DDR3 @1600MHz

GPU | EVGA SC gtx970

SSD | Dont remember some 128 GB

HDD1 | WD Green 500

This is what i have right now...built this ? my self

Here is a old pic of it
    QkZcLO.jpg

• AP21
    Options
    dope ? ...how much it hit you for?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too high to understand this ? . Will check back later when i am in a clearer state of mind. Thanks for posting up this info @AP21
  • AP21
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Too high to understand this ? . Will check back later when i am in a clearer state of mind. Thanks for posting up this info @AP21
    Co sign ap came thru and saved a ? from playing a wack ass ps4
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are any of you guys who have a gaming PC overclocking your CPUs and using RAID
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    examples of a mid. I actually own a Mid sized case. its not too big at all imo

3758a54124c2b6d5e7c3101fc5cf1d17.1600.jpg

This is mine for comparison. This is next to a 42 inch TV
    14l7h1d.jpg

You play on a 42 inch TV? Have you noticed any latency? I'm of the understanding that you don't want to go bigger than a 32 inch.
  • AP21
    Options
    no problems after activated the game mode + turn on vsync
  • AP21
    Options

i havent overclocked only b/c i didnt think i needed to for what im doing
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dope ? ...how much it hit you for?

Never thought of it but off the top..prob $800-$900
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

What about using RAID
  • AP21
    Options

What about using RAID

nah...no need imo
  • AP21
    Options
    bump

just in time for the holidays

parts should be going on the cheap over the next few weeks

https://youtu.be/Woan1RAUkE8
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    @AP21 I'm thinking of moving this to Ill Tek. I got a good custom one but the only problem it has an intergeated graphics card instead of a dedicated one due to it being a mini dual pc. 2tb pc and a 2tb mac. 2.7 ghz but can superclock up to 3.1ghz. Due to the size i would have to upgrade to a much bigger case abd a power supply of at least 500 watts. Thinking bout the geoforce 2tb 770 also.

But a cool master elite 130 or 120 i forgot but I dunno if i should go ahead and but the graphics card and piwer supply.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't cuz eventually u are going to have to switch out ur graphics card to be able to run ultra res games
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    @AP21 have u run into any problems of running outta of virtual memory on any of ur rigs?

I was playin roller-coaster tycoon the other day & my pc kept crashing & saying I'm running outta virtual memory while playing this game. I took that game out & started playing skyrim, & dayz i didn't have any problems?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    @kingofkingz it sounds like you're low on ram. My comp has 16gb of ram right now
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I wouldn't cuz eventually u are going to have to switch out ur graphics card to be able to run ultra res games

Sk basically you're telling me to upgrade cuz i will have to anyway
  • kingofkingz
    Options

Sk basically you're telling me to upgrade cuz i will have to anyway

Yes.. it'll eventually slow down ur pc & the machines performance

But if ur okay with not having to keep up the industry demands for higher res games especially on PC then u should get the rig u been looking at
  • AP21
    Options
    @ikingofgivbiz, aye fam, if you need to move it, then its cool. My vision was to keep it here since building a pc was related to gaming on it vs buying a console.

@kingofkingz, i've never had any issues with virtual memory. My rig is primarily for gaming but i do use it to stream movies via Plex, so basicallly i have nothing else other than Steam, Origin, etc... plus a couple of other programs that arent real resource heavy.

I have an office pc that i do most of the heavy lifting with
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ap21 any good gaming computer out the box i can find at best buy