Build a PC thread

Options

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That happen to me with the case I bought and took back, im doing heavy research on cases when ever I do my next build. Post them specs bruh.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ...i love sims and building games LMAO...? like Cities:skylines, Prison architect, etc..

but you ever played xcom? SOOO much fun imo

but i thought i had the pcpart list available, but i'ma post them when i find em
  • The Recipe
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Im getting 50 fps on The Witcher 3, on high, im PC master race officially now, they optimize the hell out of these newer games because I was getting 30-40 frames borderlands 2, I was nervous. My kids glad though they get a PS4 but ill probably build them one of these cheap gaming PCs and cut that psn ? out btw out the blue the pc is recognizing the ps4 controller and has the triangle, square etc commands on screen before it was showing XYAB Xbox control scheme. Edit the Witcher 3 has PS4 Dual Shock support and i just realized its only on 720 but it still looks leaps and bounds better than my ps4 running it in "1080p".
  • AP21
    Options
    brah...i be trying to tell dudes PC is gon be the wave...i feel late af that it took me so long to finally build one

i had some of the same reservations and assumptions a lot of dudes had, but if you really want a nice experience, PC is the way to go
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Wii U emulator ftw and copped me a bluetooth USB Adapter for my ps4 controllers im playing like 10 games right now, great thing about pc is I can try games id generally never play. Anybody ever use fitgirl repacks, winning with the games trump voice.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Im getting 50 fps on The Witcher 3, on high, im PC master race officially now, they optimize the hell out of these newer games because I was getting 30-40 frames borderlands 2, I was nervous. My kids glad though they get a PS4 but ill probably build them one of these cheap gaming PCs and cut that psn ? out btw out the blue the pc is recognizing the ps4 controller and has the triangle, square etc commands on screen before it was showing XYAB Xbox control scheme. Edit the Witcher 3 has PS4 Dual Shock support and i just realized its only on 720 but it still looks leaps and bounds better than my ps4 running it in "1080p".

PC's are good for offline gaming but online gaming there is a disadvantage when playing someone with a lesser graphic card than the one you have. You'll eventually have to turn down the foliage in order to make it a level playing field. You may see beautiful trees, bushes, and grass and they see maybe a tree and a stalk of weed. there are pros and cons to all gaming platforms b.
  • AP21
    Options

PC's are good for offline gaming but online gaming there is a disadvantage when playing someone with a lesser graphic card than the one you have. You'll eventually have to turn down the foliage in order to make it a level playing field. You may see beautiful trees, bushes, and grass and they see maybe a tree and a stalk of weed. there are pros and cons to all gaming platforms b.

huh?

• The Recipe
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

huh?

He been playing unknown players battlegrounds with foliage turned off so he wanted to drop that jewel.
  • The Prodigalson
    edited April 2017
    Options

huh?

He been playing unknown players battlegrounds with foliage turned off so he wanted to drop that jewel.

I been playing that ? and it's frustrating. Thinking I'm in good cover then BAM!
  • The Recipe
    Options
    I havent played it but I seen levelcaps video last week about it he said he was doing the same thing you did.
  • AP21
    Options
    i honestly had no idea that someone else's settings affected your gameplay

their connection? yes...but their visual settings...no idea
  • The Prodigalson
    Options

It doesn't affect you. Someone with a lesser graphic card may not have the same visual as you do. I saw a picture that would show the difference in graphic cards with them playing the same game. What you see may not be what they see.
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
  • AP21
    Options

It doesn't affect you. Someone with a lesser graphic card may not have the same visual as you do. I saw a picture that would show the difference in graphic cards with them playing the same game. What you see may not be what they see.

oh ok...i misunderstood what you were saying then haha
  • The Recipe
    Options
    I just ordered me a lenovo m91p desktop with a i7 2600 with 16gb of ram my first budget joint only has 4gb of ram its holding me back on consistent FPS. Next purchase is an SSD though.
  • The Recipe
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • The Recipe
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I might just grab me a ssd and take my 2 tb drive back I just bought and thug it out with my 1 tb drive and my ssd until later on.

Yeah I just went ahead and copped a 480 Sandisk plus SSD. Them Withcer 3 load screens bruh.
  • AP21
    Options
    how much you paid for that
  • The Recipe
    edited April 2017
    Options
    129 for the ssd on sale its usually 149 thats another reason I went ahead and copped, ill be straight with that moving foward hopefully I wont have to upgrade that for a while.

Micro Center is where I got it from they be having some competitive prices on par with online when them sales hit. The irony is I paid the same for the I7 PC I swear im chilling on buying PC ? after this.
  • AP21
    Options
    my b...i meant to ask how much you paid for the desktop
  • The Recipe
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • The Recipe
    Options
    129$ plus 17$ shipping with no hard drive, so around 150. It should arrive tomorrow, really not looking foward to migrating and reinstalling my games and ? at least the ssd + and improved processor should speed things up.
  • AP21
    Options
    oh ok..not bad at all
  • The Recipe
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I needed ram so I said ? it might as well upgrade everything for few extra dollars cuz ima keep it a stack my first joint was a small form factor and I had that ? rigged up to fit the graphics card. Windows 10 just installed in 10 minutes no pun.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Yo that ssd changes your whole gaming experience on Dragon Age and Witcher 3, the load times are so short you blink and miss them on console you can go run an errand come back and still be loading.