Cam Newton for MVP? The madness has to stop...

Options

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    We dared him to throw,” Harris said. “The game plan was can you throw on us? Me, (Aqib) Talib and (Bradley) Roby. We knew he couldn’t throw on us.”

“Load the box, force y’all to throw the ball,” Harris said within earshot of Newton. “Can you throw the football? That was the gameplan.”

But ya. When I said Cam's weakness was throwing, I was just hating right?

Name a quarterback that is consistently completing passes at a 65% clip when they are hit 13 times, hurried on 21 plays. You are a petty ass dude. Cam stood in the pocket made some good throws while taking big hits, and had receivers let him down at terrible moments. Remmers and Oher were getting beat like a drum, so Cam fumbled. The int went off of Ginn's hands, and Cotchery dropped a ball that would have been a 1st and had us goal line, he lost Corey Brown, but even after all that, we were one play away all game.

Cam had ? sail on him, some were on the money, like all quarterbacks, but you really think you are now some how correct in your assumption that Cam can't throw. ? do you know what it's like tryna complete a pass to a receiver that has no seperation from the cornerback, while Von Miller and Demarcus Ware are breathing down your neck? Ask Tom Brady, or Big Ben, or Aaron Rodgers.

65% ? He completed like 43% of his passes. Don't bring up that high ass number, like he fell just short. And petty? It's the SUPERBOWL, and he has 0 TD's with 3 turnovers...1 in his own endzone, one inside his own 20. That's petty?

And you were one play away all game? That's thanks to the DEFENSE who I give credit too. Cam didn't didn't keep you in the game. A worse defense and this game would have looked like the DEN vs SEA SB. And no, I don't think I'm NOW correct about him not being able to throw. He just finished his 3rd season below 60% passing, and 60 isn't even a high bar. Every year a majority of the QB's complete over 60%. His career average is 59.6. So his career says he can't throw, and the defense that just embarrassed him said he can't throw, and their game plan was to make him throw because they knew he couldn't beat them if he had to throw.

Rodgers went 14/22 for 77 yards 0 TD's 0 TO in Denver
    Big Ben went 24/37 for 339 yards 0TD's, no TO in Denver
    Big Ben went 40/55 for 380 yards 3 TD's 2 TO in PIT
    Brady went 27/56 for 310 yards 1 TD 2 TO's in Denver (playoff game)
    Brady went 23/42 for 280 yards 3 TD's 0 TO's in Denver (regular season)
    Cam went 18/41 for 265 yards 0 TD's 3 TO's on a neutral field

The only person that did worse than Cam in yards, completion percentage, or TD-TO differential in any category is Rodgers in yards. You SURE you want to ask Big Ben and Brady about that though? Because they ? all over Cam's performance, and they did in in DEN...not a neutral site.

How do you always manage to put up half of the stats? What kinda pressure were the quarterbacks under in those games ? . You live and die by completion percentage, pass yards, and tds and no other stats matter in your eyes. He can't throw, yet he was mvp and threw 35 td passes, interesting theory you have. This game is was not indicative of how Cam plays. You're happy because you've been getting ? on all season because you don't know football, so this made your season, I get it. If you actually watched the game, then the reasons for this loss were clear to see.

Man, you find the pressure they were under. They were the QB's you chose. If they weren't under pressure in their games you shouldn't have said their name. Completion percentage, pass yards, TD's and turnovers are pretty important when talking about a QB...those aren't just something I pay attention to. Ya MVP 35 TD passes, and the defense's strategy in the SB...don't let him run, and make him pass against them. They didn't think he could throw either.

You're mad because the ? came out in your team in the game you most wanted them to win. Cameron "Too bad they don't make band-aids for feelings" Newton was pouting after the game, collapsing on the sideline during the game, and walked out of his press conference when he heard the other team talking about how he couldn't beat them. The Carolina "If you don't want him to dance, stop him" Panthers got a stupid penalty for slapping the ball out of a player's hands after he danced for making a big catch.

You haven't had an original thought since you came back in here and started talking ? . A ? dropping four passes don't matter, running backs fumbling on 12 yards first down runs in Denver territory don't matter, but Cam being mad that his team didn't play up to potential is important. When I get off work I'll find the pressure statistics just to make you look stupid in this thread for the hundredth time in this thread.

4 more catches would make him. 22/41 with no TD's and 3 TO's. That's still a terrible line. And how did that RB fumble miss 23 passes?

What do you think the pressure numbers will prove? YOU said ask Brady, Ben, and Rodgers what its like playing against the Broncos defense, so I gave all their stats vs Broncos this year. If they weren't getting hit you shouldn't have brought them up. I hadn't said anything about any of them.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    We dared him to throw,” Harris said. “The game plan was can you throw on us? Me, (Aqib) Talib and (Bradley) Roby. We knew he couldn’t throw on us.”

“Load the box, force y’all to throw the ball,” Harris said within earshot of Newton. “Can you throw the football? That was the gameplan.”

Name a quarterback that is consistently completing passes at a 65% clip when they are hit 13 times, hurried on 21 plays. You are a petty ass dude. Cam stood in the pocket made some good throws while taking big hits, and had receivers let him down at terrible moments. Remmers and Oher were getting beat like a drum, so Cam fumbled. The int went off of Ginn's hands, and Cotchery dropped a ball that would have been a 1st and had us goal line, he lost Corey Brown, but even after all that, we were one play away all game.

Cam had ? sail on him, some were on the money, like all quarterbacks, but you really think you are now some how correct in your assumption that Cam can't throw. ? do you know what it's like tryna complete a pass to a receiver that has no seperation from the cornerback, while Von Miller and Demarcus Ware are breathing down your neck? Ask Tom Brady, or Big Ben, or Aaron Rodgers.

65% ? He completed like 43% of his passes. Don't bring up that high ass number, like he fell just short. And petty? It's the SUPERBOWL, and he has 0 TD's with 3 turnovers...1 in his own endzone, one inside his own 20. That's petty?

And you were one play away all game? That's thanks to the DEFENSE who I give credit too. Cam didn't didn't keep you in the game. A worse defense and this game would have looked like the DEN vs SEA SB. And no, I don't think I'm NOW correct about him not being able to throw. He just finished his 3rd season below 60% passing, and 60 isn't even a high bar. Every year a majority of the QB's complete over 60%. His career average is 59.6. So his career says he can't throw, and the defense that just embarrassed him said he can't throw, and their game plan was to make him throw because they knew he couldn't beat them if he had to throw.

The only person that did worse than Cam in yards, completion percentage, or TD-TO differential in any category is Rodgers in yards. You SURE you want to ask Big Ben and Brady about that though? Because they ? all over Cam's performance, and they did in in DEN...not a neutral site.

How do you always manage to put up half of the stats? What kinda pressure were the quarterbacks under in those games ? . You live and die by completion percentage, pass yards, and tds and no other stats matter in your eyes. He can't throw, yet he was mvp and threw 35 td passes, interesting theory you have. This game is was not indicative of how Cam plays. You're happy because you've been getting ? on all season because you don't know football, so this made your season, I get it. If you actually watched the game, then the reasons for this loss were clear to see.

Man, you find the pressure they were under. They were the QB's you chose. If they weren't under pressure in their games you shouldn't have said their name. Completion percentage, pass yards, TD's and turnovers are pretty important when talking about a QB...those aren't just something I pay attention to. Ya MVP 35 TD passes, and the defense's strategy in the SB...don't let him run, and make him pass against them. They didn't think he could throw either.

You're mad because the ? came out in your team in the game you most wanted them to win. Cameron "Too bad they don't make band-aids for feelings" Newton was pouting after the game, collapsing on the sideline during the game, and walked out of his press conference when he heard the other team talking about how he couldn't beat them. The Carolina "If you don't want him to dance, stop him" Panthers got a stupid penalty for slapping the ball out of a player's hands after he danced for making a big catch.

You haven't had an original thought since you came back in here and started talking ? . A ? dropping four passes don't matter, running backs fumbling on 12 yards first down runs in Denver territory don't matter, but Cam being mad that his team didn't play up to potential is important. When I get off work I'll find the pressure statistics just to make you look stupid in this thread for the hundredth time in this thread.

4 more catches would make him. 22/41 with no TD's and 3 TO's. That's still a terrible line. And how did that RB fumble miss 23 passes?

What do you think the pressure numbers will prove? YOU said ask Brady, Ben, and Rodgers what its like playing against the Broncos defense, so I gave all their stats vs Broncos this year. If they weren't getting hit you shouldn't have brought them up. I hadn't said anything about any of them.

This is why I feel like your an idiot. Completions for first downs, mean more downs, and more opportunities to score. A catch goal line by Cotchery, changes the complexion of the game. Tolbert fumbled on a drive where we were moving the ball on the Broncos easy. It's was a 12 yard first down run, that put us in Denver Territory, with a 4 downs to at least get 3. Your telling me in a game where Denver's offense was nonexistent, those plays didn't make a huge difference? And since you wanna play the stats game, which receiver on the Panthers compares to Antonio Brown and Bryant? Which receivers compare to Gronk or Edelman? Green Bay had no receivers and look at Rodgers stat line, under crazy pressure all night. So basically every quarterback against Denver had bad days, except for Ben, when Brown and Bryant combined for 26 catches and almost 300 yards, which I'm sure in your eyes was all because of Ben, and you think you smart because Cam wasn't spectacular? No ? , your not smart. There is no outlier when it comes to quarterbacks under that level of pressure, they all perform poorly, now top that with the other Panthers that didn't show up(Remmers, Oher, Cotchery) there was nothing more Cam could have done.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harris said Cam can't throw without the running game setting up the pass from what they seen on tape. That's why they put the game on him.

And since y'all take what players say as fact (I.E. My James Jones comment about Carolina having the fastest defense in the last 9 years)

Cam is a playmaker. Who makes clutch throws.

But let's not act like he don't miss WRs all the time with over throws like he was doing Sunday.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Fuxk what you lames talking about. Cam the MVP he's a excellent qb and everyone of you clowns talking ? would love to have him on your squad

Cam is a beast and the MVP. But he overthrows a lot.

And some of us would keep our current QB.

I wish the saints had a top 3 defense to go with Brees.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Fuxk what you lames talking about. Cam the MVP he's a excellent qb and everyone of you clowns talking ? would love to have him on your squad

He a beast and the mvp now, he was a ? 2 days ago ?
  • Shizlansky
    Options

He a beast and the mvp now, he was a ? 2 days ago ?

Yes he's still a ? . He said he was scared to save the Super Bowl because he might get hurt.

? , that's ? ? .
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is basically a NFC south Royal rumble now.

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Something all these new Cam Newton dickriders have never been apart of but now they experts on our ? now, and this type of behavior from Cam is some brand new raw emotions ? right after losing the biggest game of his career ? . GTFOH, none of this ? is new to us.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like above poster said If Dez catch wasn't a catch neither was Cotchery
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why I feel like your an idiot. Completions for first downs, mean more downs, and more opportunities to score. A catch goal line by Cotchery, changes the complexion of the game. Tolbert fumbled on a drive where we were moving the ball on the Broncos easy. It's was a 12 yard first down run, that put us in Denver Territory, with a 4 downs to at least get 3. Your telling me in a game where Denver's offense was nonexistent, those plays didn't make a huge difference? And since you wanna play the stats game, which receiver on the Panthers compares to Antonio Brown and Bryant? Which receivers compare to Gronk or Edelman? Green Bay had no receivers and look at Rodgers stat line, under crazy pressure all night. So basically every quarterback against Denver had bad days, except for Ben, when Brown and Bryant combined for 26 catches and almost 300 yards, which I'm sure in your eyes was all because of Ben, and you think you smart because Cam wasn't spectacular? No ? , your not smart. There is no outlier when it comes to quarterbacks under that level of pressure, they all perform poorly, now top that with the other Panthers that didn't show up(Remmers, Oher, Cotchery) there was nothing more Cam could have done.

Panthers were frauds, Jordy Nelson wasn't going to save Rodgers....Patriots were healthy in playoffs and Denver shut them down. Gronk only scored a TD when both starting denver safties were out for the game.

The Steelers game Denver had starters injured on defense, and harris was playing injured
  • bow to royalty
    Options

He threw the ball 41 times and you're acting like he didn't have enough passing opportunities to be productive. And are you confused about those other quarterbacks? YOU brought up Brady, Ben, and Rodgers. So stop complaining about the receivers for the QB's YOU brought up. Stop complaining about the pressure (or lack of pressure) on the QB's YOU brought up. You're saying it's a bad comparison when it's a comparison YOU made. And all those games vs DEN weren't bad. Rodgers's was and one of Brady's was. Neither of Ben's, and one of Brady's wasn't bad. In Ben's "bad" game he had 339 yards and no turnovers without Brown.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo when Cam posing with his trophy so this ? can be locked and moved to the Hall ?

? just trying to save face

@804 stop entertaining these ?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    GettyImages-508990834_master_1454904749990_31522871_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Now lock this ? up dickriders
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2016
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Yo when Cam posing with his trophy so this ? can be locked and moved to the Hall ?

? just trying to save face

@804 stop entertaining these ?

Ya, he shold definitely get ? on in the SB, then post a picture of him with his MVP award...hopefully wearing his pre-game MVP shoes. I can find only find these pictures of him 24 hours after he won it.

camnewtonsulk.jpg?quality=100&strip=all
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only in 2016 is being a ? ? acceptable
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Only in 2016 is being a bandwagon jumper because of the race of the individual is acceptable
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Only in 2016 is being a ? ? acceptable

Yup. Because you ? chose to accept that ? ? EXCUSE for not TRYING to save the BIGGEST game of his career.

Disgusting.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this thread was about the regular season award
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GettyImages-508990834_master_1454904749990_31522871_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Now lock this ? up dickriders

This participation trophy ass ? ...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only in 2016 is being a bandwagon jumper because of the race of the individual is acceptable

go play NBA Live
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ole boy took it personal that Cam won MVP it seems. lol
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Ole boy took it personal that Cam won MVP it seems. lol

Me?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can end this.

Cam and the Panthers went 15-1 in the regular season. Obviously he's an above average/elite quarterback. The fact that he took his team all the way to the Super Bowl speaks volumes.

But at the end of the day his team underperformed. It was Denver's defense that was too much for Carolina's offensive line. Cam got hurried and sacked too much for them to get their groove on.

In comparison, Peyton didn't do anything exceptionally great, he just didn't mess up and played his position (literally).

But even Peyton knows what its like to lose a Superbowl. Hell, Tom Brady lost two Superbowls. Losing a Superbowl doesn't mean you're a bad quarterback, it just means that on that day, the other team played better than your team.

On February 7, The Denver Broncos outplayed the Carolina Panthers. It was Denver's defense that made the difference. If you're going to blame anybody, don't blame Cam, blame Carolina's offensive line.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    As good as cam is. He didn't bring his team to the superbowl.

They were the definition of a team.

Their defense was top notch.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    As good as cam is. He didn't bring his team to the superbowl.

They were the definition of a team.

Their defense was top notch.

That's what I've been saying. As soon as Kelvin Benjamin went down people acted like it was a team of trash. Then they just kept repeating it until it was accepted as a fact. Like Kuechly, Davis, Norman, Olsen, Coleman, and Short didn't have a great season. They had a decent enough running game, a really talented tight end, and a dominant defense. Cam did his thing, but he wasn't out there winning despite his team.