Independence Day 2: Resurgence Teaser

Options

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks including Will in any type of way even a cameo woulda doubled the box office takings even higher than it would with this current film? Just for nostalgic reasons?

$50 million? OK. Big deal (Robert Downey Jr. anyone? Even Arnold collected 30 milli for Terminator 3 and that was over a decade ago. But it's a problem for a Black man huh?) How much do they think they'd have recouped having him there with some of the original cast?

Will's star power is still on the high notwithstanding After Earth (everyone falls short sometimes). Anyway we got Suicide Squad and Bad Boys III coming up ..

Yea, cause he's been on a roll of blockbusters, huh
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't think it was 50 mil for one film ..the creators want it to be a trilogy so will wanted 50 to do both sequel's ..at least that's what I read couple months back ..
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe I didn't break my VHS rewinding those precious seconds they showed Vivica's ass in the strip club scene.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will getting up there in age. He used to bring the Fresh Prince to his characters. I couldn't picture Will being able to bring that comedic tone outside of the next Bad Boy movies anymore.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that latest trailer was dope.
    looks like Bill Pullman might die in this one. i wished they coulda got Will but it's all good. The story and the other characters should be fine with the new ones they introducing
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will or no Will I'm still hyped for this ?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody know how they killed wills character?
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprised I haven't seen much tv ad time
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    so vivuca went from pole to nurse....

that sounds like most chicks who do the same ?

And also if she was dropping "only ? can judge me" quotes throughout the movie.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw a trailer today and it ain't look bad

Crazy how they got everybody from the last one except will
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I tripping or was there a giant alien in that last trailer?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks including Will in any type of way even a cameo woulda doubled the box office takings even higher than it would with this current film? Just for nostalgic reasons?

Maybe internationally but American audiences don't give a ? about Will Smith like that anymore. Besides that 50 million they saved I'm sure went into the effects budget which is never a bad thing for a movie like this.

Like that overseas money don't count. LOL

Since Bad Boys 1 he's only had 3 movies that didn't get to the 100 million mark and all the ones that did do 100+ did at least 140 million.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2016
    Options

Maybe internationally but American audiences don't give a ? about Will Smith like that anymore. Besides that 50 million they saved I'm sure went into the effects budget which is never a bad thing for a movie like this.

Since Bad Boys 1 he's only had 3 movies that didn't get to the 100 million mark and all the ones that did do 100+ did at least 140 million.

Not like the domestic money does. International money alone doesn't really do ? for a studio's bottom line because they don't see most of it. Even when they do their own international distribution and don't use an outside party.

Though when factored with their domestic profit their international percentage helps them get a quicker ROI which is why such an emphasis is now being put in securing a solid international box office performance.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Not like the domestic money does. International money alone doesn't really do ? for a studio's bottom line because they don't see most of it. Even when they do their own international distribution and don't use an outside party.

Though when factored with their domestic profit their international percentage helps them get a quicker ROI which is why such an emphasis is now being put in securing a solid international box office performance.

So international money counts
  • Broddie
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yes but on average studios only get about 15% of it when it's all said and done so it's also not as major a factor as domestic box office. At all.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

$50 million? OK. Big deal (Robert Downey Jr. anyone? Even Arnold collected 30 milli for Terminator 3 and that was over a decade ago. But it's a problem for a Black man huh?) How much do they think they'd have recouped having him there with some of the original cast?

Will's star power is still on the high notwithstanding After Earth (everyone falls short sometimes). Anyway we got Suicide Squad and Bad Boys III coming up ..

They're established characters though man Will wasn't even one of the main guys in the first one.

And nah man I can't see how a Smith cameo doubles box office takings
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to pick my poison with my girl between this and X Men so we're going to see this.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Yes but on average studios only get about 15% of it when it's all said and done so it's also not as major a factor as domestic box office. At all.

That ? don't sound right, b. You mean to tell me that Avatar, which did like 2 billion international, the studio only saw 250 million of that.