Independence Day 2: Resurgence Teaser

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man will smith could've been in this one. i'm surprised to see that that scientist from the area 51 scene is still alive.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, it was okay, but the first one curb stomps all over it.... Too cheesy, they did vivica ? ...

And it just wasn't as suspenseful...

The action was dumb crazy though
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how they handle the Hillard's death did he get a funeral ?

And what became of vivca and her son
  • Dupac
    Options

vivica becomes a nurse..... And her son is an ace pilot that everyone over adores as will's son
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

vivica becomes a nurse..... And her son is an ace pilot that everyone over adores as will's son

How they do will character
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw. If the Sci fi channel made this, it'd be it's greatest movie ever. Could've done without some of the characters. It was ok
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Movie was really goood , better then the first one imo

? no this movie was ok at best I don't blame will for not being in this one
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they're gonna make a 3rd one? if so it will be pointless
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    So they're gonna make a 3rd one? if so it will be pointless
    DWO wrote: »

How they do will character

Damn my ? . Watch the movie or don't.

Nah that's what I got y'all for
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is gettin' slaughtered by all reputable reviewers
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's a shame I had high hopes for this ? . How do you ? this up? Movie damn near writes itself
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

That's a shame I had high hopes for this ? . How do you ? this up? Movie damn near writes itself

Come on G it was always gonna be weak.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just looking at the previews it look they tried to do too much and much of the same. Over the top action with very little development of a plot and characters.

I mean that's cool and all but all these movies are starting to become the same. All they are doing is changing the skins and charging the price of admission.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Just looking at the previews it look they tried to do too much and much of the same. Over the top action with very little development of a plot and characters.

I mean that's cool and all but all these movies are starting to become the same. All they are doing is changing the skins and charging the price of admission.

They should slow start to stop though. Should. Amazon and Netflix already have dope original movies with big named ? . Only a matter of time before they get themselves a real blockbuster. When that start to happen, plus all the other big companies tryna get in on the streamin' wave, the Hollywood guys would be forced to either make cheaper films or make better ones.

The more artsie actors have already started to shift toward TV coz, as all writers kno', it's a much better platform for storytellin'. Once the streamers start offerin' the A list guys the same amount of money as the Hollywood guys, the movie industry will be in trouble

The streamers have a dope model there coz they will get subs as long as they have good content. It's good for us coz for a tenner a month you can get a lotta dope ? you wouldn't be able to watch elsewhere, at least not as comfortably.

The only draw to the theater is the theater experience. Can't really beat Civil War in a crowded cinema on iMax
  • Dupac
    Options
    The action was sick.

That African ? was a beast
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    I'll wait for the kodi release
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was ? garbage. Every single actor phoned it in smh. It had no heart or soul just an onslaught of cgi "action". Don't waste your money on this movie.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    man will smith could've been in this one. i'm surprised to see that that scientist from the area 51 scene is still alive.

Will was smart to stay far away from this garbage.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Movie was really goood , better then the first one imo

Kys,

Respectfully

Good day sir
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Y'all need to go back and read my original post. This director sucks and only great actors make his movie.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? was amazing
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Y'all need to go back and read my original post. This director sucks and only great actors make his movie.

Well it’s not like INDEPENDENCE DAY was some genuine classic. It was good schlock with classic moments of spectacle. To be frank that's all I expect from a Roland Emmerich movie.

That has been his M.O. going all the way back to UNIVERSAL SOLDIER. So I go in expecting nothing and sometimes get something cause the effects and cgi mayhem was wild enough. Sometimes I need that.

Not everything needs an intricately woven narrative sometimes I just wanna see ? blow up real good. The one thing though is that that’s all he’s got and I rarely see his flicks more than once. Excepting STARGATE and VAN DAMME V DOLPH of course. Also THE PATRIOT with Mel Gibson.

I don’t think ANOTHER INDEPENDENCE DAY will be STARGATE range but if it’s at least 2012 or THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW level I’m cool with it cause I enjoyed that ? on the big screen for what it was.

In other words as long as it's not on the level of GODZILLA or 10,000 B.C. I'll feel that I got my momey's worth. I’m not expecting prime era Spielberg or Jim Cameron level blockbuster filmmaking or some ? . Just a decent effects showcase I could watch in a nice air conditioned auditorium.