Kendrick Lamar And Schoolboy Q Get Into Fight At Studio

Options
J.J._Evans
J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.complex.com/music/2015/12/kendrick-lamar-and-schoolboy-q-had-a-minor-disagreement-during-studio-session
kendrick-lamar-schoolboy-q_dkkt3g.jpg

According to Top Dawg Entertainment's CEO, Kendrick Lamar and ScHoolboy Q had what he called a "minor disagreement" in the studio recently. A Twitter user took to the social media platform to find out what happened after he claimed his cousin had seen the two rappers involved in a "scuffle."

Top Dawg confirmed that an incident did occur, but sought to shoot down any rumor of bad blood. "Just family having a minor disagreement. Nothing serious," he said.

http://giftedandtalented.net.au/music/kendrick-lamar-schoolboy-qs-fight-was-real-but-nothing-serious/
TDE‘s been without question one of the most successful crews of the last last five years, and they’ve done it with a combination of staggering talent, hard work and most importantly a seemingly unshakable bond. You never see Kendrick, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock and ScHoolboy Q engaging in any of the bickering that blights so many other labels (cough, MMG, cough).

That’s why when I saw this tweet I brushed it off as mere rumor. There’s no way Kendrick and Q even got into something as minorly serious as a “scuffle.” Nice try guy on Twitter trying to stir up drama.

Until I saw this tweet:

Well damn then, it’s true, Kendrick and Q did get into it. I was once in the middle of a brawl that saw Q get arrested for defending Kendrick with his fists, it’s a strange turn of events to picture them going at each other. Which is also why I can say that with all due respect to K. Dot, who I’m sure is pretty damn tough, my money’s firmly on Q in a fight. Unless of course Q is leaning, in which case the odds shift to Kendrick’s favor.

In all seriousness though, until we hear otherwise we’ll have to treat it as nothing serious. You don’t spend that many years with someone without at least occasionally getting in a scuffle. If you’re never at least punched your best friend, they’re not really your best friend. Let’s just hope this is an isolated incident through. So many labels have been brought down by infighting over the years and I want to see TDE continue to thrive; I still need that Black Hippy album in my life.

Is this something or is it nothing?

Could we look back at this as the beginning to the end of Black Hippy?

Comments