Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    Started off the year living my dream making money in the music industry...

Ending the year with the realization that the music industry ain't for me and it's time to let that dream go.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life..might go back to school but don't know for what tho.

care to go into any detail about this?

i dont wanna get too too deep in it but basically I was doing my thing as a producer and audio engineer. Had first got my foot in the door as an intern for Epic here in Atlanta couple years back. Got to meet hella ppl and all that and worked with some of the artists on their roster but ? ended up going left..From there I started doing my own thing hustling with the music but I was still working a job as a bank teller. Eventually ? got good enough where I was able to leave my job at the beginning of last year and do the music full time, selling beats and mixing and got some credits under my belt..

But music money is anything but steady (at least on my level). When ? was good it was really good but when it was bad it was like damn. I was able to get my credit cards mostly paid off but this year ended up maxing them out again and savings account on E right now.. so I had to fall back and be real with myself and came to the conclusion I'm getting too old for this (turning 24 in 2016) and it's better if I just focus on something else. My livelihood was basically dependent on ? ...and that's not a good position to be in. It's like the worse feeling in the world when you're down to ur last few dollars and somebody say they're going to come through and they just don't.

And then seeing people around you that you know get on and then you yourself don't get on .. on one hand you happy to know ppl that made it but on the other hand it's like "damn when my turn???!!" lol. ? was just starting to get old and I realized I ain't have it in me anymore to keep living like this. I'm not good at being broke..and then you gotta be on IG flexing like it's all good. ? all that

You're 24 yrs old bruh, skys the limit. You're not even 24 trying to be a rapper, If you can get into that audio engineering ? you'd be gravy with all the damn studios in ATL. I can imagine it aint gonna be easy cause obviously you're not the only trying to do it but damn sure aint gonna help if you quit. I only say this cause I gotta homeboy who went to school for the same thing and after interning with Dallas Austin, he quit cause he thought he was gonna get a free ride on to something and now he wishes he wouldve stayed hustling with it. He wasnt as young as you are at the time so It was a little more difficult to deal with financially but If you can tough it out you probably should being that is your passion. Just my 2 cents.

Ending the year with the realization that the music industry ain't for me and it's time to let that dream go.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life..might go back to school but don't know for what tho.

i dont wanna get too too deep in it but basically I was doing my thing as a producer and audio engineer. Had first got my foot in the door as an intern for Epic here in Atlanta couple years back. Got to meet hella ppl and all that and worked with some of the artists on their roster but ? ended up going left..From there I started doing my own thing hustling with the music but I was still working a job as a bank teller. Eventually ? got good enough where I was able to leave my job at the beginning of last year and do the music full time, selling beats and mixing and got some credits under my belt..

But music money is anything but steady (at least on my level). When ? was good it was really good but when it was bad it was like damn. I was able to get my credit cards mostly paid off but this year ended up maxing them out again and savings account on E right now.. so I had to fall back and be real with myself and came to the conclusion I'm getting too old for this (turning 24 in 2016) and it's better if I just focus on something else. My livelihood was basically dependent on ? ...and that's not a good position to be in. It's like the worse feeling in the world when you're down to ur last few dollars and somebody say they're going to come through and they just don't.

And then seeing people around you that you know get on and then you yourself don't get on .. on one hand you happy to know ppl that made it but on the other hand it's like "damn when my turn???!!" lol. ? was just starting to get old and I realized I ain't have it in me anymore to keep living like this. I'm not good at being broke..and then you gotta be on IG flexing like it's all good. ? all that

My ? I'm 23 and outside of the IC barely no one knows me music wise. I would love to be in that position you have bruh. I'm car-less, stuck in wack ass Carrollton GA for school, and I don't know anyone who knows two artists I like or who I can vibe with without compromising who I am or my sound. Yet im STILL optimistic that I can make this ? happen brother. All it takes is the right people and the right time for people to respect your sound. If you have a soundcloud you should drop it brother. Maybe we can push each other or help each other out. But its never too late fam.

I'm graduating with a degree for back up purposes in a year or two, but my heart and passion is creating. Don't let this world take that ? from you brother. Stay up.

Aye bro as a ? that's seen people make it right in front of him with his own eyes let me be the one to tell you it can be done and you can make it.i heard your music and you dope. I know I COULD push through but I just don't feel like I have it in me to go further in that regard. I'm kind of at peace with that though. I listen to music now strictly as a fan and not on some "I would've done this that way or damn how they do that" .. and it's kind of relaxing for me.

My thing is one day I was driving (in my mom's car because I had to get rid of my own because I couldn't keep up with the payments) and that TLC song "No Scrubs" came on and I was like "? .. are these ? talking about me???? OH HELL NAH" lol . I don't wanna be that guy. You in school with your backup so you're in good shape...I was all in with mine and had no backup especially after I quit my job. When ? was working it was beautiful..but when it wasn't ? was ugly. I'm about to get in this real estate game tho
  • Confidential Playa
    Confidential Playa Members Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some dusty ? at the car wash finessed me out of $50 for what i thought was an ipad. when i took it out the box it was a color copy of an ipad in between two glass plates glued together. as soon as they sped off i knew i got got.

i was so mad i didn't even finish washing my car. i was on a murder mission. grabbed my strap out the glove box and drove up and down the strip looking for them ? .

You need to pull that strap and kys 1st for thinkin ? sellin iPads at the car wash for 50 bucks. Smh.

Lol

lol aye that carwash is like the flea market
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »
    I got friend-zoned by the chick I wanted and she tried to put me on her crazy friend with no ass that doesn't suck ? .

Got ? one night and texted my cousin's best friend that I thought I was vibing with. Texted me back saying she thought of me like an older brother/cousin. Now its awkward whenever we see each other and family are trying to put us on smh.

Got ? -blocked by my hating-ass female coworker when I was trying to talk to a girl one day. Saw the girl months later and she had a whole baby with her smh.

Just got a water bill for $130 in the mail because the toilet is broke and it runs. A new one is going to cost like $400.

Was just now seasoning chicken and ran out of black pepper smh.

Started getting pursued by a girl who's knees touch when she walks.

Was cutting my hair a few weeks ago because I felt good, ? my line up and had to shave my head and got roasted.

Had some old white lady at my job tell me that I was "da bomb" when I helped her do something smh.

Idk why but this ? got me dying lol

Really ? ?!?! A whole baby?? Lmao

Yeah, fam, a whole baby. I didn't see the chick once while she was pregnant, I was like, where the ? did this come from? Baby looking me like, yeah, ? lol smh.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're 24 yrs old bruh, skys the limit. You're not even 24 trying to be a rapper, If you can get into that audio engineering ? you'd be gravy with all the damn studios in ATL. I can imagine it aint gonna be easy cause obviously you're not the only trying to do it but damn sure aint gonna help if you quit. I only say this cause I gotta homeboy who went to school for the same thing and after interning with Dallas Austin, he quit cause he thought he was gonna get a free ride on to something and now he wishes he wouldve stayed hustling with it. He wasnt as young as you are at the time so It was a little more difficult to deal with financially but If you can tough it out you probably should being that is your passion. Just my 2 cents.

My ? I'm 23 and outside of the IC barely no one knows me music wise. I would love to be in that position you have bruh. I'm car-less, stuck in wack ass Carrollton GA for school, and I don't know anyone who knows two artists I like or who I can vibe with without compromising who I am or my sound. Yet im STILL optimistic that I can make this ? happen brother. All it takes is the right people and the right time for people to respect your sound. If you have a soundcloud you should drop it brother. Maybe we can push each other or help each other out. But its never too late fam.

I'm graduating with a degree for back up purposes in a year or two, but my heart and passion is creating. Don't let this world take that ? from you brother. Stay up.

Aye bro as a ? that's seen people make it right in front of him with his own eyes let me be the one to tell you it can be done and you can make it.i heard your music and you dope. I know I COULD push through but I just don't feel like I have it in me to go further in that regard. I'm kind of at peace with that though. I listen to music now strictly as a fan and not on some "I would've done this that way or damn how they do that" .. and it's kind of relaxing for me.

My thing is one day I was driving (in my mom's car because I had to get rid of my own because I couldn't keep up with the payments) and that TLC song "No Scrubs" came on and I was like "? .. are these ? talking about me???? OH HELL NAH" lol . I don't wanna be that guy. You in school with your backup so you're in good shape...I was all in with mine and had no backup especially after I quit my job. When ? was working it was beautiful..but when it wasn't ? was ugly. I'm about to get in this real estate game tho

Brother much respect lol if you mix or do sound engineer any info your willing to past along please share. My knowledge in mixing is low, I'm more of a producer. So I'm always looking for ways to get better fam. Would be dope to link up with talent here. But I hear you fam! Lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Got damn Tomp u ? up big time it's all jayz' fault tho
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some dusty ? at the car wash finessed me out of $50 for what i thought was an ipad. when i took it out the box it was a color copy of an ipad in between two glass plates glued together. as soon as they sped off i knew i got got.

i was so mad i didn't even finish washing my car. i was on a murder mission. grabbed my strap out the glove box and drove up and down the strip looking for them ? .

...I just got home from a Christmas party buzzin' and I died laughin' at this ? ...You helped increased my buzz b...loooool...
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    My 14 year old terrier died the day I came back from million man march. I miss my little buddy. Im not even crazy about animals but im always thinking about him. He was my mom's dog and when she passed we got closer because it was just me and him in the house. Now it's lonely as ? without him around. Peace be upon both of them

This has been a ? year for me financially. I'm overspending every month. I dont know how i picked this habit up. I haven't saved any money this year and went through a chunk of my life savings. I have to do better

I did some winter cleaning in my last week and threw away over 300 of my Rap tapes, my turntable needles, my stereo cables and NES accessories because I mislabeled the plastic bin and put the wrong bin to curb for garbage pick up. In my neighborhood trash pickers come through and I let this lady take the bin that had all that ? in it. I didn't realize it until last Sunday I took the bin to the room and it had all these broken ass Christmas lights that was supposed to be tossed out. I was sick. Im still sick. That was 98% of my cassette collection. The ? thats killing me is that 15+ OG grey Screw tapes and the Korean P Funk bootlegs my dad gave me were in that box. Beyond irreplacable with high sentimental value. Thank heavens I didn't unpack my other Screw tapes from my DC travel bag .I don't have any ? tapes. I have maybe 20 that I found laying around my room. That's 30+ years of cassette collection wiped out. My music collection is dead all I have left is just vinyl but I can't listen to my turntables because all the carts were in that bin to. Can't hook my tables up because all mwereereo cables were in there. I'm dumb as ? for that

Depressing.....no im depressed.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the second time tomp has ruined a thread for me by making me feel sad
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

all that

totally agree was finna say sum like this, stiff u from atlanta so u know about tity boi not even really blowin till like age 33-34. if u still have the passion and dont feel like u forcing ? , keep goin at it. i get those same feelings of maybe it aint meant for me, and of course the ic lets me know too lol. but after a few years of feeling like i forced ? and not having the passion to make beats or write, plus being seemingly stuck in nothing ass mississippi, i think i have had a lil bit of a fire lit back up in me, i think of cats like ross or tity boi age wise for inspiration too. and ay if it dont work out, at least i already got a job.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One word: Molly.

? that hoe.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    My 14 year old terrier died the day I came back from million man march. I miss my little buddy. Im not even crazy about animals but im always thinking about him. He was my mom's dog and when she passed we got closer because it was just me and him in the house. Now it's lonely as ? without him around. Peace be upon both of them

This has been a ? year for me financially. I'm overspending every month. I dont know how i picked this habit up. I haven't saved any money this year and went through a chunk of my life savings. I have to do better

I did some winter cleaning in my last week and threw away over 300 of my Rap tapes, my turntable needles, my stereo cables and NES accessories because I mislabeled the plastic bin and put the wrong bin to curb for garbage pick up. In my neighborhood trash pickers come through and I let this lady take the bin that had all that ? in it. I didn't realize it until last Sunday I took the bin to the room and it had all these broken ass Christmas lights that was supposed to be tossed out. I was sick. Im still sick. That was 98% of my cassette collection. The ? thats killing me is that 15+ OG grey Screw tapes and the Korean P Funk bootlegs my dad gave me were in that box. Beyond irreplacable with high sentimental value. Thank heavens I didn't unpack my other Screw tapes from my DC travel bag .I don't have any ? tapes. I have maybe 20 that I found laying around my room. That's 30+ years of cassette collection wiped out. My music collection is dead all I have left is just vinyl but I can't listen to my turntables because all the carts were in that bin to. Can't hook my tables up because all mwereereo cables were in there. I'm dumb as ? for that

Wow

I feel like I took an L reading this.

Reading the part of the collection is hurting my heart. When I go home I'm gonna go see my collection and appreciate it.

L