Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are so lost smh...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    They givin' RZA that well deserved heat on twitter."

This the kind of ? that really gets on my nerves.

It's a spectacularly bad argument against respectability politics, and the fact that this person felt comfortable making it in public is sad commentary on our times.

No one ever said that respectability politics can save you from an angry racist mob. But this doesn't mean that it doesn't ever work. In fact, the civil rights era makes it abundantly clear that it does indeed work, to some extent.

To be sure, this bad argument against respectability politics doesn't mean that there are no good arguments against it.

What are you even talking about?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    They givin' RZA that well deserved heat on twitter."

This the kind of ? that really gets on my nerves.

It's a spectacularly bad argument against respectability politics, and the fact that this person felt comfortable making it in public is sad commentary on our times.

No one ever said that respectability politics can save you from an angry racist mob. But this doesn't mean that it doesn't ever work. In fact, the civil rights era makes it abundantly clear that it does indeed work, to some extent.

To be sure, this bad argument against respectability politics doesn't mean that there are no good arguments against it.

What are you even talking about?

What don't you understand? Do you know what respectability politics is?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ? on this forum stay sticking to the script no matter if it's a different play.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Woat flow

On the same level as silk the shocker

I was initially going to write

Silk >>> RZA
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh oh, this could be the gateway into him morphing into those types that were more upset at the tone and language Bland used with the officer than the details surrounding her death, the types that actually fixed their mouths to say that the Charleston shooting could've been an attack on Christians, not black people...

Rza pls.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Woat flow

Silk >>> RZA

Uhhh, that's a nosign. Rza can actually rap with onbeat flow. He chooses the offbeat flow to be unique. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Silk can't rap for ? .
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just feel like he is talking to everybody except the main thuggish gang that killed innocent black folks since forever. Cops are showing us how to ? not how to dress...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Woat flow

Silk >>> RZA

Uhhh, that's a nosign. Rza can actually rap with onbeat flow. He chooses the offbeat flow to be unique. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Silk can't rap for ? .

Nah silk chooses to rap without the headphones on. Thus never hearing the beat.

Only way to know is if they made a track together.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What an anti-hip hop thing to say. Fashion is a means of self expression for many. Just like rapping or b-boying or DJing. People should dress however the ? they want regardless of others' ignorance. Abbot been out in Hollywold far too long. He's losing his grip on reality. Never conform. Even if you dressed like them they will still view you as a ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Woat flow

Silk >>> RZA

The crazy thing is I don't know if you're joking or not, which means your post is either really funny or really sad.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    What an anti-hip hop thing to say. Fashion is a means of self expression for many. Just like rapping or b-boying or DJing. People should dress however the ? they want regardless of others' ignorance. Abbot been out in Hollywold far too long. He's losing his grip on reality. Never conform. Even if you dressed like them they will still view you as a ? .

This.

I lost respect for the RZA. I thought he was one of our great thinkers. His book Tao of Wu was really inspirational. After these comments I cant say he stands for anything good.

I know what he's trying to say but black folks have been dressed up for decades and still got a billy club to the head, lynched and more. His comment is moot. Not to mention the added insult to injury "ALL LIVES MATTER" yeah RZA, we know. He should just ? , forever.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah because putting on a suit and tie worked so well for Malcolm and Martin

Why the ? should we have to dress up just to walk the ? streets?

I don't see nobody trying to talk that ? to them ? arabs, who make themselves targets just by wearing that towel on they head, or any of them Hispanics, who try they hardest to emulate black people.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

The worst part about it is that you never see skinheads or white bikers who could be involved with white gangs or ? dealers being told to dress a "certain" way even though they have obvious criminal related tattoos.The fact that people say dress a "certain" way to black people proves that there is still a huge problem with this country that goes beyond the pigs and most rich black people are helping that problem because they have assimilated and feel like they are protected by kissing white ass.? is disgusting and why I always say that famous people should not be our kid's role models.Too many black youth are looking up to people who think just like this and that is another issue.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Woat flow

Silk >>> RZA

The crazy thing is I don't know if you're joking or not, which means your post is either really funny or really sad.

Lol nah I'm deadass serious. He told the story on Vlad on how he recorded that mya song without headphones and everybody including jay-z was looking at him crazy.

He thought he ripped it too smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Woat flow

Silk >>> RZA

Lol nah I'm deadass serious. He told the story on Vlad on how he recorded that mya song without headphones and everybody including jay-z was looking at him crazy.

He thought he ripped it too smh

lol wow. I don't even know what to say about that.