Powerball is at $1.3 BILLION

Options
cannonspike1994
cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/10/no-winner-for-the-900m-powerball-jackpot-wednesdays-draw-worth-13b.html

No ticket holder had the winning numbers for the record $900 million U.S. Powerball jackpot drawn on Saturday night, which means Wednesday's draw will balloon to $1.3 billion.

The @TexasLottery Twitter account revealed that there was no Powerball winner - the Texas lottery head is also head of the Powerball Group lottery - and that Wednesday's jackpot would be world-record breaking.

The estimated jackpot on Wednesday will be $1.3 billion, according to the official Powerball site, which would be worth $806 million if a single winner chose to take the windfall as a cash lump sum rather than over time as annuity payments.

Saturday night's winning numbers were: 32, 16, 19, 57 and 34. The Powerball number was 13, with a multiplier of 3.

No ticket holder had the winning numbers for the record $900 million U.S. Powerball jackpot drawn on Saturday night, which means Wednesday's draw will balloon to $1.3 billion.

The @TexasLottery Twitter account revealed that there was no Powerball winner - the Texas lottery head is also head of the Powerball Group lottery - and that Wednesday's jackpot would be world-record breaking.

The estimated jackpot on Wednesday will be $1.3 billion, according to the official Powerball site, which would be worth $806 million if a single winner chose to take the windfall as a cash lump sum rather than over time as annuity payments.

Saturday night's winning numbers were: 32, 16, 19, 57 and 34. The Powerball number was 13, with a multiplier of 3.

What to do when you win the lottery

Timothy A. Clary | AFP | Getty Images
Powerball jackpots start at $40 million and grow until the big prize is won. The current jackpot has been on since Nov. 7, after 18 drawings without a big winner. The odds of matching all the numbers is 1 in 292.2 million.
The previous U.S. record jackpot was $656 million in a Mega Millions drawing in March 2012. The largest Powerball prize was a $590.5 million jackpot won by a Florida woman in May 2013. Powerball tickets are sold in 44 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. ? Islands.

Comments

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If i won i wouldn't do much with the money.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A winner will be crowned this Wednesday.
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like my odds of winning this week
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever wins better pray they in 1 of the 6 anonymous claim states. I think its like some Midwest ? i think its Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With a billion I'll kick

2 million to my moms
    2 million to my sister
    1 million to my pops
    1 million to my cousin (more like my brother)
    1 million to my cousin (more like my brother)
    1 million to my friend (more like my brother)

And 2 million split amongst my cousins. (Lot of them)

I love all my family and I'm real close with them.

I would spend 10 million on my family if I had 1 billion

When I didn't have much I could always count on any of my family being there for me because at 1 one I needed them and they were there. All of them.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If i won i wouldn't do much with the money.

Well hopefully you don't win
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would get immediate friends and family out of debt
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just bought my tickets.. You never know carajo
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honest I don't even think I could handle knowing I'm bout to get that much freakin money at one time I would probably have to do shrooms and go half insane for a couple nights just to find my sanity and cope with it
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Let me find out I hit the number. I got a strategy all lined up:

First off, I wouldn't even claim it till two months later, so all the hype of it can die down when I get it on the LOW.
    Second, ski mask and shades when I hold up that check...that's to keep my family safe.
    Third, I'm only goin by my first initial and last name when I claim it. Search all you want for T. Smith....or is it E. Brown....or is it D. Bonner....or R. Roundtree. You'd never know.

But with that kind of money, I'd ? the system up. Go back to my hometown....open up some youth centers. Give to a few HBCUs - starting with my alma mater

Start franchising a few restaurants in NYC. I'd LOVE to bring Waffle House here.

Of course, my fam would be good. I'd set up a bank account to which both sides of my family could pull from it, with approval from my mom (or her side) and my dad (on his side). That would be for stuff like college funds, home buy/repairs. All approvals would have to be signed off by me as well. I ain't paying for no bail money or dope habits.

Then my fiancé and I would just go see the world for a while.

You must of done your research I didn't even know you could do all that, how long do you have till you have to claim it?
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    806 million cash value, good lord you wouldn't hear from me again
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    My "drop of the face of the earth" game gonna be strong as ? if I win some ? like that lol

I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You must of done your research I didn't even know you could do all that, how long do you have till you have to claim it?
    Most states have a legal limit of a year to claim any lottery winnings. That's where most people ? up. They're so hype to get the check, they don't stop and think about everyone that knows them and knows they just won a fuckload.
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lotto is a scam, this once again proves it
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First off, I wouldn't even claim it till two months later, so all the hype of it can die down when I get it on the LOW.
    Second, ski mask and shades when I hold up that check...that's to keep my family safe.
    Third, I'm only goin by my first initial and last name when I claim it. Search all you want for T. Smith....or is it E. Brown....or is it D. Bonner....or R. Roundtree. You'd never know.

But with that kind of money, I'd ? the system up. Go back to my hometown....open up some youth centers. Give to a few HBCUs - starting with my alma mater

Start franchising a few restaurants in NYC. I'd LOVE to bring Waffle House here.

Of course, my fam would be good. I'd set up a bank account to which both sides of my family could pull from it, with approval from my mom (or her side) and my dad (on his side). That would be for stuff like college funds, home buy/repairs. All approvals would have to be signed off by me as well. I ain't paying for no bail money or dope habits.

There's absolutely no Wing Stops in Nassau or Suffolk country. I'd open up about 4, spread out in each county. A waffle house would go great near all them bars by Metropolitan. There also needs to be about 2 more Chic-fil-a's between the one in Manhattan and the one in Long Island.

And I would definitely love to open up some type of Community Center in Brownsville w/ about a dozen basketball full courts, olympic sized heated pool, learning center to help the kids with homework/adults learn various trades/and teach computer literacy to anyone who's interested in taking such a course.

And provide computers and new text books for a handful of the lowest ranked schools in the city.

Then theres the obvious stuff like taking care of the family, myself, etc. But I'm not for no extravagant ? . Of course I'd be living lavishly compared to my modest living currently but everyone's going to have to understand that it won't become lifestyles of the rich & famous. Nothings wrong w/ treating yourself as long as it's done sensibly.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

There's absolutely no Wing Stops in Nassau or Suffolk country. I'd open up about 4, spread out in each county. A waffle house would go great near all them bars by Metropolitan. There also needs to be about 2 more Chic-fil-a's between the one in Manhattan and the one in Long Island.

And I would definitely love to open up some type of Community Center in Brownsville w/ about a dozen basketball full courts, olympic sized heated pool, learning center to help the kids with homework/adults learn various trades/and teach computer literacy to anyone who's interested in taking such a course.

And provide computers and new text books for a handful of the lowest ranked schools in the city.

Then theres the obvious stuff like taking care of the family, myself, etc. But I'm not for no extravagant ? . Of course I'd be living lavishly compared to my modest living currently but everyone's going to have to understand that it won't become lifestyles of the rich & famous. Nothings wrong w/ treating yourself as long as it's done sensibly.

There is so many different franchises that can be put on Long Island
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I'd replace the Waffle House w/ a Roscoe's if I could but I'm not sure if the owners would ever allow that.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not tripping if I don't win because my income taxes is going to be more