Powerball is at $1.3 BILLION

Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand why bruh would only give his moms 2 mill...

My immediate family wouldn't need to get lump sums... they can just request money at will whenever..

Say son i wanna get my kitchen redone.. marble counter tops n all that: Done.

Hey Trill your niece needs braces and wants take gymnastics: Here.

? like that..
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giving your family members more money than they can handle will destroy your family and only serves to make you poorer.

Does your mother even know how to responsibly spend 2 million dollars??? No, but you want to give her 20.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly i'd have to take the Andrew Carnegie role if I had that kind of paper. ? can't hold money or invest it or they would be doing that now. All they would do is spend and double back for more.

I'd let immediate fam make requests without me being ? but I'm not putting money in people's hands its just a bad idea.

I may not know how to invest and all that but thats where my mind would be. My mind wouldn't be on how much to give away or how much I'd spend.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I understand why bruh would only give his moms 2 mill...

My immediate family wouldn't need to get lump sums... they can just request money at will whenever..

Say son i wanna get my kitchen redone.. marble counter tops n all that: Done.

Hey Trill your niece needs braces and wants take gymnastics: Here.

? like that..

I feel you. I'd buy mom's a crib and a new care. Give her dough to go shopping. Let her live in luxury for her retirement years. I'd probably live with her.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    If the lottery is this high what are they trying to distract us from.

Cosign, idk how our tiny brains are supposed to focus on anything else this week

U can talk ? but this the same country of poor whites that are about to vote for a rich racist to represent them. Or poor blacks that's about to vote a rich white women to represent them and the same country where people can stand in line for lottery tickets but not to vote in a local election so yeah i would say people are easily distracted.

All that was going on before the lotto was the topic of discussion...anything else?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Everybody keep talking about buying businesses, making investments, stock market.....

? all of that ? . Allen Iverson taught me that I can set aside a mill or two in two different bank accounts. I won't be able to access either account until I'm 50 and 70 years old.

That way I can waste half a mill, all at once, with no worries. No job, no business, no stress, no nothing.

Just spend it all and have 20 mill(bank interest) set up aside after my ? stop working
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And I have a huge family. I love em but I'm not giving them ? nothing. Mamma getting 1 million dollars. She owns a house in the burbs, making 90k a year. She str8....
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what kind of mother's y'all got but ? in here questioning their mothers ability to handle wealth like they're about to be out on the town on some sort of coke fueled hoe binge.

Most extravagant ? my mother would do is go to church in a fur, and even that's a reach. My apples don't fall too far from the trees so my parents would be able to handle it just as well as I could.

? really in here talking about becoming potential billionaires and giving their mothers of all people an allowance only. She's gonna get this cash & anything I could shower her with from my own pockets.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing some of y'all are missing is just because they're family doesn't mean they are equipped to handle a large lump sum you give them. Trust, they will be hitting you up when the money dries up. You need to reach them how to stretch their dollars.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had that amount of money I would create businesses at fair wages so that everyone could be eating great. If Dr. Umar willingly to work with trusted group of people I would invest in the school myself and outright buy a few of them to get them started. But I need this money to be flipped over 1,000% by the time my children and grand children are able to take over.
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Parents and siblings are straight for life. Everybody else that I decide to hit off will receive what ever amount that I decide to give them and that's it. Whatever they decide to do with it is on them but don't come asking me for anything else. ? act like they're scared to tell people no. Running and hiding and ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much of the billie would you actually get? A lot of it will go to taxes. If you take it as a lump sum, you'll probably be lucky if you get 500 mil. That still a ? load of money, but I can still see being resentful. lol

That's too much money for me though for real. I'd make sure my kids and my kids' kids never have to struggle. I'd make sure my wife has everything she wants and needs and that we are guaranteed to be financially stable in the future. I'd break my immediate family off. And I'd give away the rest to my church and a bunch of different charitable organizations.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Making some people instant millionaires would be done to their detriment...

I know it seems nice but you are making them targets too.

Some of y'all would give your moms 2 million and she would give her local church 90% of it before the month is up. She would be back at your door right after...

You dropping another 2 million?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Making some people instant millionaires would be done to their detriment...

I know it seems nice but you are making them targets too.

Some of y'all would give your moms 2 million and she would give her local church 90% of it before the month is up. She would be back at your door right after...

You dropping another 2 million?

The best thing to do is to go hidden for a while and it makes people huge targets though and black people like to give their money away, that's why I'm talking about investing in businesses and building our resources. ? buying the newest cars and all of that.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    2 million going straight to her bank account ? .

If I got a a billion my momma got a billion.

She just ain't gon have unlimited access to my account.

2 million? Lolllllll, y'all jggas is shiesty as f!!!!!!! u could give 20 million to both parents, each kid, then give a milli to every aunt and uncle u have and u still have 900 frickin MILLION dollars + collecting interest you still have PLENTY more you could even comfortably throw in the garbage and would not be missing anything!! glad y'all ain't my son jeez

? thinking short term... if you give 20 mil to anyone they will see they have 20 mil to spend... if you give them 2 they might spend that 2 in the same amount of time they spend that 20... so why have someone help you go broke? 2 mil is plenty to live off of for years...

We talking about ma dukes here tho. We don't expect a mother with any sense to just blow off 20-50 mil. But even if there was probable, If I give ma dukes 20-50 mil believe me it will be made understood that it is hers and hers alone, but if she somehow manage to spend it all at once there's no more coming so use it wisely.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody breaking pops off though?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody breaking pops off though?

Pops already got a million.

Plus he wouldn't want it.

Knowing my pops he would just want a new black escalade and the NFL package
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Let me find out I hit the number. I got a strategy all lined up:

First off, I wouldn't even claim it till two months later, so all the hype of it can die down when I get it on the LOW.
    Second, ski mask and shades when I hold up that check...that's to keep my family safe.
    Third, I'm only goin by my first initial and last name when I claim it. Search all you want for T. Smith....or is it E. Brown....or is it D. Bonner....or R. Roundtree. You'd never know.

But with that kind of money, I'd ? the system up. Go back to my hometown....open up some youth centers. Give to a few HBCUs - starting with my alma mater

Start franchising a few restaurants in NYC. I'd LOVE to bring Waffle House here.

Of course, my fam would be good. I'd set up a bank account to which both sides of my family could pull from it, with approval from my mom (or her side) and my dad (on his side). That would be for stuff like college funds, home buy/repairs. All approvals would have to be signed off by me as well. I ain't paying for no bail money or dope habits.

Then my fiancé and I would just go see the world for a while.

There's absolutely no Wing Stops in Nassau or Suffolk country. I'd open up about 4, spread out in each county. A waffle house would go great near all them bars by Metropolitan. There also needs to be about 2 more Chic-fil-a's between the one in Manhattan and the one in Long Island.

And I would definitely love to open up some type of Community Center in Brownsville w/ about a dozen basketball full courts, olympic sized heated pool, learning center to help the kids with homework/adults learn various trades/and teach computer literacy to anyone who's interested in taking such a course.

And provide computers and new text books for a handful of the lowest ranked schools in the city.

Then theres the obvious stuff like taking care of the family, myself, etc. But I'm not for no extravagant ? . Of course I'd be living lavishly compared to my modest living currently but everyone's going to have to understand that it won't become lifestyles of the rich & famous. Nothings wrong w/ treating yourself as long as it's done sensibly.

You having fat boy dreams and ambitions.

I bet you posted this right before lunchtime.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ehh yeah ill fantasize for a second im hitting every big fight this year and following my lakers for a week. traveling breaking my immediate fam off my friends.. i wouldnt even be extravagant with where i live.. just know it will be on a hill and a way from water.. then im goin to see the states and the world. and do alot of ? i couldnt dream of doing with my new found comfort I aint stuntin that just not me.. but dammit im livin
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    definitely be ring side at all the big fights. forgot all about that. season tickets to the ravens..yea i'm about that life
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    definitely be ring side at all the big fights. forgot all about that. season tickets to the ravens..yea i'm about that life

hmm season tickets to the knicks probaly giants for my pops and brother

tickets for every major ufc event

mad concerts

never went to comic con but i would go in an full iron man suit
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicest car I'm buying for myself would be a new Camaro
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I'd get the best seats and season tickets to Lakers, Ducks and Angels.