To those who believe in a kind and merciful ? ....why is the world so hostile to life?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also have proof he won't come back to Earth, the proof is from the Bible itself. But I don't want to break any hearts here. The passages I can easily post here would embarrass a few people, and I'll choose to be nice for now.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at christ not being unique there is no other religion alive today like Christianity.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    Like DoU said...sin.

? wants us to see that His Kindness and Mercy is not based in the material...but the spiritual. Because of sin, we see the opposite. We think ? needs to meet our material needs in order to fill us spiritually. Mankind's hostility towards each other is because we are seeking something spiritual that we can't find in ourselves...so we lie, cheat, steal and ? .

This is the HUGE contradiction I'm talking about with Bible believers, if your boy Jesus "forgave" our sins, then why the hell are humans and animals still suffering from the "sins" of Adam and Eve? Are you trying to say Jesus and the Bible ? never truly forgave the sins of Adam and Eve?

And as far as mankind's hostility to each other, a lot of this was by design, because humans by nature are very aggressive and territorial. It's in our DNA, and plus humans have limited resources to deal with, because of NATURE being generally hostile to life.

Again...the issue is spiritual. What you want is things to appear at peace and no one physically hurt each other. But if we are not spiritually at peace with ourselves, it won't matter if ? allows for a non-violent world. Because of sin, we will find ways to ? the spirit of mankind without even lifting a finger.

? wants a personal relationship with mankind...not a business transaction. Jesus's forgiveness of sin was done out of love for mankind...not as some contract agreement which is what you are suggesting. What you want is the benefits of being in ? 's Favor instead of getting to know Him who grants favor.

How are people as a whole supposed to get right spiritually? Unless a ? comes down and proves himself or herself to people worldwide, no one will have the same view. People will have their differences and resources and other animals will still compete for them.

If the environment wasn't so harsh to animals and humans worldwide, you would have a point. Many spiritual or religious places suffer from tsunamis, hurricanes, floods and everything else. There are cases of churches being hit with tornadoes during Christmas.

You are supposed to build your own personal relationship with ? because even if he did reveal himself to the whole world people still would not believe in him especially if he does not do what they want him to do.

jesus walked the earth and basically did magic for people and still some would not believe

I do have a spiritual side to me, and I don't believe the universe is completely hostile to us but there's still no evidence the Christian perspective makes sense. There are some nice things about it but it doesn't answer the basic question at the end of the day. Jesus did some magic and that's cool, but David Blaine is good at magic too. What happened to fulfilling the prophecies, is that not important to the Bible ? anymore?

The Christian perspective doesn't make sense to you because you don't have a personal relationship with ? . We have been over this already christ fulfilled the prophecies about him

Your question has been answered you either accept the answer or you don't... If you don't understand the answer then just say so but people have answered you. Your pride is really at satanic levels.

Stop trolling you are smarter then this David Blaine does illusions not magic he doesn't do the impossible everything he does is within the laws of physics.

If I am to believe this, when is the last time Jesus did a miracle? I ask because many different gods these days get credit for miracles too, so there are different gods someone could build a relationship with. And no, Jesus did not fulfill ALL the prophecies, some of them I guess but there are others who claimed to be messiahs too. No evidence your Christian perspective is correct or makes much sense long term. You know this already deep down, but you keep a good front. You know damn well the REAL impressive parts of the old prophecies haven't been fulfilled.

If they were, I wouldn't have created this thread.

If you want to see Jesus do a miracle you should get to know him. Which other gods are you talking about??? Because Jesus is a personal ? the gods of every other major religion are impersonal deities.

Christ full filled every prophecy about his coming that's a topic we went over with you already in other threads and I don't feel like going over it again with you in this one.

The Real impressive prophecies include what to you???? The white throne judgment is that what you expect???

Shiva, Brahman, Odin, and different African gods are all worshipped these days, praised for their many miracles. Look at the Japanese Shinto religion, different gods there. Some or even many of these gods can be called personal too, it's not like your ? is the only one in town.

And you know exactly what the real impressive prophecies are, world peace, everyone on Earth worshipping the same ? , and Israel being at peace with its neighbors. Have any of these things happened yet? No, so I'm not impressed with the Christian viewpoint. When your boy Jesus fulfills those prophecies, I'll be impressed. Until then, 70% of the world won't be impressed either.

you can put all the people who worship the old european gods in an nyc train station also the european gods you mentioned are all considered impersonal gods by modern adherants. AND I TOLD YOU THAT IF YOU WANT TO SEE A MIRACLE GET TO KNOW JESUS i DID not ask you about the gods of other religions. get to know jesus so that you can get your proof.

let me say it again and make it clear to you jesus fulfilled all the prophecies about the coming of the messaiah this is not impressive to you because you don't know ? . what you think you wish to see jesus himself laid down prophecies about and they are in action right now it's happening right now you are living within the time period in which these things are going on, you just cannot see it because you don't know ? and don't study the scriptures.

so it's like you want to see the forest but you are in the forest.

OHH, so wait a minute, you think Jesus is coming back soon....? How soon is that, 500 years from now? Or sooner?

who said anything about soon???? i told you that you are living in a time of fullfilment of prophecy you can see the prophecies working right now

No, there is not any sign of the big prophecies coming true. Let's break it down.

Is Israel close to achieving world peace with its neighbors? Hell no.

Is most of the world being united by the same ? ? No, still over one billion non religious out there and another billion plus who believe in multiple gods. Muslims have chased away Christians from the Middle East in embarrassing numbers. Jews remain hated in the region.

Is the world at world peace levels now? Nope, refugees haven't been this high from war torn nations since even before World War 2. Everything I mentioned, the real savior would have FULFILLED by now. It is very clear you worship, at best, a good guy who was not unique.

That is utterly wrong. Even you brought up in another thread how one of the prophices was constant war and rumors of war. No where in the bible does it mention the world would be or even could be united under one ? . And reread your bible again Isreal is only set to achieve peace for seven years with the antichrist.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    @zombie

The Jews were 100% correct to point out that Jesus failed to fulfill the major prophecies, prophecies that IRONICALLY would have boosted the credibility of the Bible ? . Why doesn't Jesus want to boost the credibility of the Bible, after more then 2,000 years? Is he afraid that he will disappoint 70% or more of the world again? If not, then he's not the real savior.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Lol at christ not being unique there is no other religion alive today like Christianity.

There are plenty of other gods before Jesus who claim to have died and rose from the dead. Plenty of others who worked miracles and magic too, nothing really unique about him.
  • zzombie
    Options
    @zombie

The Jews were 100% correct to point out that Jesus failed to fulfill the major prophecies, prophecies that IRONICALLY would have boosted the credibility of the Bible ? . Why doesn't Jesus want to boost the credibility of the Bible, after more then 2,000 years? Is he afraid that he will disappoint 70% or more of the world again? If not, then he's not the real savior.

No the jews were wrong because they were being led at the time by phariseees and sadducess who did not understand the torah or the scriptures they had and today jews follow the descendents of the pharisees and their main source of authority is not even the torah it's the talmud, they study that ? just as much as the torah if not more.

To those who know ? he does not need a credibility test because we already know him ? is not concerned with entertaining you or doing things on your schedule, he does not care if the world is disappointed or not. the pride and arrogance on you is the spirit of satan.
  • zzombie
    Options
    I also have proof he won't come back to Earth, the proof is from the Bible itself. But I don't want to break any hearts here. The passages I can easily post here would embarrass a few people, and I'll choose to be nice for now.

you will only embarrass yourself but you are too ignorant to know any better
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @The_Jackal

Actually, you need to re-read the Bible, the real savior according to the Old Testament prophecies would make Israel have true peace with its neighbors and world peace would be the result, along with the world uniting under one ? . Ex-Christians almost always know the Bible better then Christians do.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/DebunkingChristians/Page26.htm

The world after the messiah comes is often referred to in Jewish literature as Olam Ha-Ba (oh-LAHM hah-BAH), the World to Come. This term can cause some confusion, because it is also used to refer to a spiritual afterlife. In English, we commonly use the term "messianic age" to refer specifically to the time of the messiah.

Olam Ha-Ba will be characterized by the peaceful co-existence of all people. (Isaiah 2:4) Hatred, intolerance and war will cease to exist. Some authorities suggest that the laws of nature will change, so that predatory beasts will no longer seek prey and agriculture will bring forth supernatural abundance (Isaiah 11:6-11:9).

In the Olam Ha-Ba, the whole world will recognize the Jewish G-d as the only true G-d, and the Jewish religion as the only true religion (Isaiah 2:3; 11:10; Micah 4:2-3; Zechariah 14:9). There will be no murder, robbery, competition or jealousy. There will be no sin (Zephaniah 3:13). Sacrifices will continue to be brought in the Temple, but these will be limited to thanksgiving offerings, because there will be no further need for expiatory offerings.”
  • zzombie
    Options
    @The_Jackal

Actually, you need to re-read the Bible, the real savior according to the Old Testament prophecies would make Israel have true peace with its neighbors and world peace would be the result, along with the world uniting under one ? . Ex-Christians almost always know the Bible better then Christians do.

The world after the messiah comes is often referred to in Jewish literature as Olam Ha-Ba (oh-LAHM hah-BAH), the World to Come. This term can cause some confusion, because it is also used to refer to a spiritual afterlife. In English, we commonly use the term "messianic age" to refer specifically to the time of the messiah.

Olam Ha-Ba will be characterized by the peaceful co-existence of all people. (Isaiah 2:4) Hatred, intolerance and war will cease to exist. Some authorities suggest that the laws of nature will change, so that predatory beasts will no longer seek prey and agriculture will bring forth supernatural abundance (Isaiah 11:6-11:9).

In the Olam Ha-Ba, the whole world will recognize the Jewish G-d as the only true G-d, and the Jewish religion as the only true religion (Isaiah 2:3; 11:10; Micah 4:2-3; Zechariah 14:9). There will be no murder, robbery, competition or jealousy. There will be no sin (Zephaniah 3:13). Sacrifices will continue to be brought in the Temple, but these will be limited to thanksgiving offerings, because there will be no further need for expiatory offerings.”

those scriptures are referring to the time when jesus returns and rules not the time when he first comes to earth redeem the souls of men but when he comes back to redeem the earth
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2016
    Options

The passages I can bring up were one of the main reasons church leaders in the past did not want the Bible read by the masses. They would know for themselves Jesus wasn't gonna come back, not in the way he said he would. The passages basically say Jesus would bring the kingdom of ? to Earth about 2,000 years ago in his followers' lifetime and it never happened, unless flesh eating bacteria, tornadoes, volcanoes and hostile parasites exist in the kingdom of ? . Doesn't sound like much of a kingdom.
  • zzombie
    Options
    jesus basically told the jews that they got things all wrong and that they don't understand
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    @The_Jackal

those scriptures are referring to the time when jesus returns and rules not the time when he first comes to earth redeem the souls of men but when he comes back to redeem the earth

Oh give me a break man. It's been 2,000 damn years already.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    jesus basically told the jews that they got things all wrong and that they don't understand

And meanwhile, Jesus hasn't made 70% of the world understand either. I don't even know how you believe this stuff.
  • zzombie
    Options

The passages I can bring up were one of the main reasons church leaders in the past did not want the Bible read by the masses. They would know for themselves Jesus wasn't gonna come back, not in the way he said he would. The passages basically say Jesus would bring the kingdom of ? to Earth about 2,000 years ago in his followers' lifetime and it never happened, unless flesh eating bacteria, tornadoes, volcanoes and hostile parasites exist in the kingdom of ? . Doesn't sound like much of a kingdom.

nah that's not the main reason why the catholics did not want people reading the bible, they wanted control of the people that's the main reason why.

for the bold please tell me you are not referring to matt 24:34 , mark 13:30 , luke 21:32
  • zzombie
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @The_Jackal

how many years was it before he came the first time??? how many years between the generations of abraham and jesus??? but he did come
  • zzombie
    Options

And meanwhile, Jesus hasn't made 70% of the world understand either. I don't even know how you believe this stuff.

i don't know how you believe the nonsense you do
  • kingblaze84
    Options

nah that's not the main reason why the catholics did not want people reading the bible, they wanted control of the people that's the main reason why.

for the bold please tell me you are not referring to matt 24:34 , mark 13:30 , luke 21:32

Mark chapter 13 is basically proof Jesus exaggerated his abilities, and you know this deep down but believing gives you hope and whatever for the world or afterlife. Jesus told his own followers they would NOT DIE BEFORE seeing the kingdom of heaven on Earth, angels flying and everything. He wasn't speaking spiritually, he was speaking literally and we all know damn well a kingdom of heaven shouldn't include flesh eating bacteria and tornadoes that blow up churches during Christmas.

I'm truly amazed you believe in this nonsense, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
  • zzombie
    edited January 2016
    Options

Mark chapter 13 is basically proof Jesus exaggerated his abilities, and you know this deep down but believing gives you hope and whatever for the world or afterlife. Jesus told his own followers they would NOT DIE BEFORE seeing the kingdom of heaven on Earth, angels flying and everything. He wasn't speaking spiritually, he was speaking literally and we all know damn well a kingdom of heaven shouldn't include flesh eating bacteria and tornadoes that blow up churches during Christmas.

I'm truly amazed you believe in this nonsense, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

you know deep down inside that christ is lord that;s why you keep making religious threads if you did not care and really gave no ? you would not make them. i have always found it funny that the people who hate ? or say they don't believe spend so much time thinking about him it's almost like they are scared that they could be wrong and have to face that very same ? they claim they don't believe in one day.

The bold makes no ? sense you are just rambling now
  • zzombie
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84

the only reason i argue with you is because i am commanded to do so, You atheist and anti-christians are the ones with the problems christians don't obsess over the silly questions you guys ask because half the time you simply reject the answer because you don't like it

you have been rambling on for years about things you don't understand and don't have the humility to learn anything about it. For ever religious thread started by a theist (excluding DOU) there are about 4 started by an atheist and that ? is funny to me
  • kingblaze84
    Options

you know deep down inside that christ is lord that;s why you keep making religious threads if you did not care and really gave no ? you would not make them i have always found it funny that the people who hate ? or say they don't believe spend so much time thinking about him it's almost like they are scared that they could be wrong and have to face that very same ? they claim they don't believe in one day.

This is the first religious thread I think I've ever made, I usually make threads on politics or hip-hop.

But anyway, I already know I won't face your ? someday, you can't even explain properly why your ? has failed to fulfill prophecies after 2,000 years LMAO but it's okay, I never expected you to be able to answer that. Mostly because you can't and have to make excuses, but that's also okay. I find it amusing and funny.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I found Ride Along 2 hilarious but I find some of the answers here to be almost as funny. Thanks to @zombie and DOU for the great laughs I've had here. Keep them coming.
  • zzombie
    Options

you know deep down inside that christ is lord that;s why you keep making religious threads if you did not care and really gave no ? you would not make them i have always found it funny that the people who hate ? or say they don't believe spend so much time thinking about him it's almost like they are scared that they could be wrong and have to face that very same ? they claim they don't believe in one day.

This is the first religious thread I think I've ever made, I usually make threads on politics or hip-hop.

But anyway, I already know I won't face your ? someday, you can't even explain properly why your ? has failed to fulfill prophecies after 2,000 years LMAO but it's okay, I never expected you to be able to answer that. Mostly because you can't and have to make excuses, but that's also okay. I find it amusing and funny.

He fulfilled them already, and gave new ones. you are in every religious thread spreading the same ill informed nonsense are rejecting any answer given to you even when fully explained WHY??? IT MAKES NO SENSE.

maybe you cannot stop thinking about ?
  • zzombie
    Options
    I found Ride Along 2 hilarious but I find some of the answers here to be almost as funny. Thanks to @zombie and DOU for the great laughs I've had here.

Thanks for once again proving the bible correct when it says

“Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
    14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
    you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
    15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
    they hardly hear with their ears,
    and they have closed their eyes.
    Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts
    and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Like DoU said...sin.

? wants us to see that His Kindness and Mercy is not based in the material...but the spiritual. Because of sin, we see the opposite. We think ? needs to meet our material needs in order to fill us spiritually. Mankind's hostility towards each other is because we are seeking something spiritual that we can't find in ourselves...so we lie, cheat, steal and ? .

This is the HUGE contradiction I'm talking about with Bible believers, if your boy Jesus "forgave" our sins, then why the hell are humans and animals still suffering from the "sins" of Adam and Eve? Are you trying to say Jesus and the Bible ? never truly forgave the sins of Adam and Eve?

And as far as mankind's hostility to each other, a lot of this was by design, because humans by nature are very aggressive and territorial. It's in our DNA, and plus humans have limited resources to deal with, because of NATURE being generally hostile to life.

Again...the issue is spiritual. What you want is things to appear at peace and no one physically hurt each other. But if we are not spiritually at peace with ourselves, it won't matter if ? allows for a non-violent world. Because of sin, we will find ways to ? the spirit of mankind without even lifting a finger.

? wants a personal relationship with mankind...not a business transaction. Jesus's forgiveness of sin was done out of love for mankind...not as some contract agreement which is what you are suggesting. What you want is the benefits of being in ? 's Favor instead of getting to know Him who grants favor.

How are people as a whole supposed to get right spiritually? Unless a ? comes down and proves himself or herself to people worldwide, no one will have the same view. People will have their differences and resources and other animals will still compete for them.

If the environment wasn't so harsh to animals and humans worldwide, you would have a point. Many spiritual or religious places suffer from tsunamis, hurricanes, floods and everything else. There are cases of churches being hit with tornadoes during Christmas.

Because of sin, we can't...and won't...get right spiritually. Apart from trusting in the person and work of Jesus, ? is holding us spiritually accountable. It's not enough to keep the rules. We must 't thaso in spirit.

How are people supposed to stop sinning, if we're made with desires? And why should that be a reason to allow flesh eating bacteria to exist, isn't that harsh?

There is nothing inherently wrong with desires. It is when our desires are not "in spirit". Because of sin, our desire's fall short. We can't be happy, sad, or angry without it being destructive towards the spirit of things.

If flesh-eating bacteria is the reason for our spiritual deterioration, it would be harsh.

So what would the solution to all this sinning be? To follow the rules of the Bible 100%? To the T?

In a previous post I gave a solution...apart from trusting in the person and work of Jesus for ? 's Favor, there is nothing we can do. If we follow the rules...it would need to be done in honor of His Favor.

So basically, flesh eating bacteria and hurricanes will be around until the end of time. Sounds harsh if all this comes from "one" ? . If one ? made flesh eating bacteria that eats a baby's skin as it's alive, many times without anesthesia, doesn't that make the Bible ? seem kind of evil?

I would rather someone say there are other gods or beings that are bringing these harsh things to Earth. But you say the Bible ? has made these things. Pretty disturbing.

But what does flesh eating bacteria have to do with the spirit deteriorating? I may personally not like the idea of waking up and finding myself being eaten alive by these things, but my hope is that ? keeps my spirit whole through it all.

An plague-free environment isn't going to cure sin that plagues the heart.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @The_Jackal

Its crazy that you can read but not understand or just chose to not understand. That's what happens when you pick and choose scriptures without knowing what they actually refer to