The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    Howard Dean did a damn good job as DNC chair last time, the party needs his leadership I hope he wins.

But I'm now convinced that Elizabeth Warren will be the democratic nominee in 2020. She can unite the blue collar, college kids, and old guard of the Democratic Party.

Nah she's liked 70 right now

Look for:
    Julian Castro
    - Dems can win White House with 37% of the white vote if they coalesce Anti Trump sentiment to get out black and Latino voters

Other names to watch for
    Kristen Gillenbrad, Andrew Coumo

I don't want wanna hear about cornball Booker. Only Booker we respect is Devin

Naw Warren is much younger than 70, after this election we need a candidate that can speak to traditional democrats that fled Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren seems like the perfect candidate to do so. And she's not afraid to call Trump out on his ? just watch her when she was on the campaign trail.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Howard Dean did a damn good job as DNC chair last time, the party needs his leadership I hope he wins.

But I'm now convinced that Elizabeth Warren will be the democratic nominee in 2020. She can unite the blue collar, college kids, and old guard of the Democratic Party.

Look for:
    Julian Castro
    - Dems can win White House with 37% of the white vote if they coalesce Anti Trump sentiment to get out black and Latino voters

Other names to watch for

Naw Warren is much younger than 70, after this election we need a candidate that can speak to traditional democrats that fled Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren seems like the perfect candidate to do so. And she's not afraid to call Trump out on his ? just watch her when she was on the campaign trail.

She's a better senator than would be president in my opinion
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

Don't let the Coumo last name fool you he's nothing like his father Mario Coumo who was a true progressive.. Mario Coumo gave one of best speeches ever that was a complete take down of that scumbag Reagan during Reagan EraError.. Andrew Coumo is total neoliberal type.. Also I agree with on Booker he's a total cornball.. and he's one of those "kumbaya can't we just all get along and turn the other cheek" type of ? too.. But with that being said I like name of Julian Castro he has real potential.. I would throw in the name of Deval Patrick too.. He gave one best speeches I've ever seen..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkwCmuu4ZM

But whoever the next nominee of Democratic Party is.. They better have a ? personality and the ability to sell themselves.. No more John Kerry or Hillary Clinton types...
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited November 2016
    Options

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

Don't let the Coumo last name fool you he's nothing like his father Mario Coumo who was a true progressive.. Mario Coumo gave one of best speeches ever that was a complete take down of that scumbag Reagan during Reagan EraError.. Andrew Coumo is total neoliberal type.. Also I agree with on Booker he's a total cornball.. and he's one of those "kumbaya can't we just all get along and turn the other cheek" type of ? too.. But with that being said I like name of Julian Castro he has real potential.. I would throw in the name of Deval Patrick too.. He gave one best speeches I've ever seen..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkwCmuu4ZM

But whoever the next nominee of Democratic Party is.. They better have a ? personality and the ability to sell themselves.. No more John Kerry or Hillary Clinton types...

Props forgot about Deval. He working at Bain Capital - will that be an issue?

Cuomo is one of those sleazy NY politicians but he's got the resume to be President (whatever that means now)
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What annoys the ? out of me now is...

"Now lets if he can unite the country"

i wanted to chop chris matthews in the throat.. but its something your hear across the board as if this was just an average election/nomination where it was just a good hard fight... FOH
  • stringer bell
    Options

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

Unfortunately Warren is just to intelligent for the masses.. It's unfortunate but whole lot of people in this country need things to be dumbed down for them to get what's going on.. She would immediately get attacked by the republican fascists as being to professorial...
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think the Dems will try another female candidate. White men would rather have a ? as president before allowing a woman to win the presidency.

I also don't like Howard Dean coming back on as DNC chair. The days of Democrats being nice guys, following the rules, apologizing for ? , and being nerdy bookworms should be over. Donald Trump has forever changed the rules. Now, it's free game to insult, cuss, and lie your way into power.

The Democrats need guys like these to run the show and get a good message out there...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5vd0PLHDwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7WcJ8FuHcM
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

Unfortunately Warren is just to intelligent for the masses.. It's unfortunate but whole lot of people in this country need things to be dumbed down for them to get what's going on.. She would immediately get attacked by the republican fascists as being to professorial...

One of the Dumbest criticism I have ever heard - and I've heard it a lot.

Being too professional and prepared for the most important job in the world.

But ... you right, tho. SMH

So You don't think she has the charisma and like-ability to overcome it?

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Strong possibility trump will be reelected so you liberals should chill for awhile
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited November 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Strong possibility trump will be reelected so you liberals should chill for awhile

4 years are a long time in politics. He 70, he could die a year from now
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im interested to see how running the government like a business instead of a charity will play out. i think it could be legit.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isnt it alittle too early to say that ? ?
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    im interested to see how running the government like a business instead of a charity will play out. i think it could be legit.

Certain things don't have a profit motive.

It takes time to reduce the size of agencies.

Govt moves slow
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The ? never works. This isn't the first time someone has tried it
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh you're stupid

Who do you think will be the stock holders for the government buddy?
  • riddlerap
    Options

You are an idiot im not surprised.

i know you have a lot of feelings contained into this convo, its ok. you cant even look past the fact i hooked you up previously and have never said ? to you. kinda ridiculous.
  • riddlerap
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Bruh you're stupid

what kinda ? question is this? i just want to see government limited and spend less money, and step back.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Isnt it alittle too early to say that ? ?

no because when was the last time we had a one term president??? bush senior
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are an idiot im not surprised.

i know you have a lot of feelings contained into this convo, its ok. you cant even look past the fact i hooked you up previously and have never said ? to you. kinda ridiculous.

dig the hookup but there is no positivity gonna come out of Trump he is who he has always been.. the biggest business successes in the last 20 years has been his branding..... all the of the ? hes done or said throughout his life most recently this election dont evaporate..
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh you're stupid

what kinda ? question is this? i just want to see government limited and spend less money, and step back.

That's how businesses work?
  • riddlerap
    Options

Bruh you're stupid

That's how businesses work?

obviously i didnt mean it in every single facet lol.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

Look for:
    Julian Castro

Other names to watch for

One of the Dumbest criticism I have ever heard - and I've heard it a lot.

Being too professional and prepared for the most important job in the world.

But ... you right, tho. SMH

So You don't think she has the charisma and like-ability to overcome it?

I like her positions and how she's always shittin on those coke heads on Wall Street.. But IMO she doesn't have the 'It factor' to me.. She's an okay to good speaker.. But she's no JFK or Barry O level of speaker.. That's a higher bar but IMHO that's what going to be need to win...