The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's still one last chance for clinton to be president
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so they rioting in portland and no teargas or army
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF is a professional protesters? Are they like the professional actors he hired for his presidential announcement speech a year ago?

Face it the elections over now u have to answer to all the ppl u ? off. U orange-flavored ? ...
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/he1S9fZHcK4

This clip explains the rise of trump. I recommend the watching the full documentary it explains why the world is the way it is today (if you watch the full documentary you will feel powerless)
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHITE SUPREMACY the law of the land....

And NOT just in the abstract

I'll add before the usual "urban scholars" hop on this

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's still one last chance for clinton to be president

At this point, it's a horrible idea, breaks precedent in the worst of ways, and will incite more rioting and division.

We just have to swallow the pill we asked for as a country.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Donna Brazile should be made full time Chairwoman of the DNC

Thats why dems lost get these old loser ass ? ? out the way, need some young new bloods
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Nothing better than our country's leadership to have inconsistent messaging.

This is going to be an interesting 4 years
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    im interested to see how running the government like a business instead of a charity will play out. i think it could be legit.

Bruh you're stupid

Who do you think will be the stock holders for the government buddy?

what kinda ? question is this? i just want to see government limited and spend less money, and step back.

That's how businesses work?

obviously i didnt mean it in every single facet lol.

A lot of y'all just say ? and have no idea what you're talking about
  • Peace_79
    edited November 2016
    Options
    BTW, y'all know that if Trump really waned to "clean up Washington", he would appoint a Bi-partisan cabinet to encourage diversity of ideals.

Call me jaded, but I can't call a completely conservative Washington devoid of special interests.

Most of the problem in Capitol Hill is not just private interests; but overwhelming partisan motivations.

Most politicians are not even willing to entertain other perspectives on the opposite to moderate end of the ideological spectrum.

And many push partisan issues and legislation for the sole purpose of getting re-elected and catering to their base, not the best interests of the people they represent.

This creates an environment of over-correction, division, and the absence of well thought out, enduring solutions that reflect good faith compromise and the collective will of the people.

I also think it contributes to juvenile campaigns that are more about "winning control" and smearing the opposing party, than the issues that affect the American people.

We should dilute the notion of "partisan control", and elections should be more about developing and articulating solutions to our national and international problem; considering a broad range of perspectives.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• a.mann
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Smh.. Adolf on flip flopping ? as usual...

Clearly someone had to remind this buffoon he is NOW a world leader and Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful military on the planet

You are not a private citizen anymore were you can go mouth off recklessly
    You every word carries weight and can literally be the difference between life or death
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Smh.. Adolf on flip flopping ? as usual...

Clearly someone had to remind this buffoon he is NOW a world leader and Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful military on the planet

You are not a private citizen anymore were you can go mouth off recklessly
    You every word carries weight and can literally be the difference between life or death

Which is why I don't want his ? anywhere near any codes! Hell I don't want him to give any commands!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Strong possibility trump will be reelected so you liberals should chill for awhile

His coalition is too fragile.

As soon as they realize he's not gonna ? The Jews and cut off Israel, that deep neo-? support he has will evaporate.

The Wall will not be paid for by Mexico.

If he starts a Trade War with China, the economy will tank hard enough to doom any president.

Those Rust Belt factories are NOT coming back. Them sad-ass rural white people living in sad-ass dilapidated small towns that are catching ? Epidemic style hell from opioids will not see their ? lives improve. In fact they'll prolly see more prison time instead cuz Law & Order LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He's not gonna get that anti-war vote again.

He's gonna have 4 years of drones and Middle East wars under his belt.

And probably a war with Iran.

Did I mention he's not gonna have the advantage of running against a dirt covered uncharismatic politician as hated as Hillary Clinton? Because I think we all know how this race woulda played out with Biden or Bernie.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't it ironic that when Obama got elected, a certain group of people were using scare tactics to let the public know they made this huge mistake... and now that Trump is elected, a different group of people are doing the same thing?

I hope it's clear now, that these kind of people are 2 sides of the same coin and should never be taken serious.
  • a.mann
    Options
    Isn't it ironic that when Obama got elected, a certain group of people were using scare tactics to let the public know they made this huge mistake... and now that Trump is elected, a different group of people are doing the same thing?

I hope it's clear now, that these kind of people are 2 sides of the same coin and should never be taken serious.

False equivalence

The reaction to toward Obama was based solely on his skin color. Everthing else was them coming up with unfounded bs to justify their reaction

The reaction to Trump is based on the hateful racist things he has said and promised he will do to the Black,Hispanic and Muslims communities
  • Peace_79
    Options

Does that broad brush ever get heavy?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    Strong possibility trump will be reelected so you liberals should chill for awhile

His coalition is too fragile.

As soon as they realize he's not gonna ? The Jews and cut off Israel, that deep neo-? support he has will evaporate.

The Wall will not be paid for by Mexico.

If he starts a Trade War with China, the economy will tank hard enough to doom any president.

Those Rust Belt factories are NOT coming back. Them sad-ass rural white people living in sad-ass dilapidated small towns that are catching ? Epidemic style hell from opioids will not see their ? lives improve. In fact they'll prolly see more prison time instead cuz Law & Order LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He's not gonna get that anti-war vote again.

He's gonna have 4 years of drones and Middle East wars under his belt.

And probably a war with Iran.

Did I mention he's not gonna have the advantage of running against a dirt covered uncharismatic politician as hated as Hillary Clinton? Because I think we all know how this race woulda played out with Biden or Bernie.

No disrespect but Y'all liberals have no weight when it comes to political predictions. Everything you thought was going to happen didn't.

Some form of wall will be built either directly or indirectly Mexico will pay for it.

There will be no trade war with China what most likely trump is going to do is charge American companies who produce in China and then ship there products back into america a fee. Thus making production and then sale of those products in america less profitable this hopefully will make those companies both produce and sell in america or make there American made competition more competitive Within the domestic market .... and that means jobs which means popularity for trump.

As for Iran and war..... not going to happen but that deal will be renegotiated.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I dont know about predicting the future. And dont too much trust others "ability" to predict it. Dont know why people are so quick to try to. All that can really be said is certain things may be more likely to occur...i guess.