The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2016-11-11-reid-statement-on-the-election-of-donald-trump#.WCXYtzKZP-Y

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/11/1596652/-Must-read-Senator-Reid-Watching-White-Nationalists-celebrate-does-not-feel-like-America
    Must-read Senator Reid: 'Watching White Nationalists celebrate does not feel like America '

“I have personally been on the ballot in Nevada for 26 elections and I have never seen anything like the reaction to the election completed last Tuesday. The election of Donald Trump has emboldened the forces of hate and bigotry in America.

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warren should've ran this time...woman, populist message, charismatic...

If trump is really vulnerable in 4 years then people are going to want an "established" candidate...

And here I was thinking, after Tuesday night, that it couldn't be any more obvious that the LAST thing people want is an "established" candidate.
  • naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Strong possibility trump will be reelected so you liberals should chill for awhile

His coalition is too fragile.

As soon as they realize he's not gonna ? The Jews and cut off Israel, that deep neo-? support he has will evaporate.

The Wall will not be paid for by Mexico.

If he starts a Trade War with China, the economy will tank hard enough to doom any president.

Those Rust Belt factories are NOT coming back. Them sad-ass rural white people living in sad-ass dilapidated small towns that are catching ? Epidemic style hell from opioids will not see their ? lives improve. In fact they'll prolly see more prison time instead cuz Law & Order LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He's not gonna get that anti-war vote again.

He's gonna have 4 years of drones and Middle East wars under his belt.

And probably a war with Iran.

Did I mention he's not gonna have the advantage of running against a dirt covered uncharismatic politician as hated as Hillary Clinton? Because I think we all know how this race woulda played out with Biden or Bernie.

No disrespect but Y'all liberals have no weight when it comes to political predictions. Everything you thought was going to happen didn't.

Some form of wall will be built either directly or indirectly Mexico will pay for it.

There will be no trade war with China what most likely trump is going to do is charge American companies who produce in China and then ship there products back into america a fee. Thus making production and then sale of those products in america less profitable this hopefully will make those companies both produce and sell in america or make there American made competition more competitive Within the domestic market .... and that means jobs which means popularity for trump.

As for Iran and war..... not going to happen but that deal will be renegotiated.

First off, thats you hoping Trump is gonna do those things.

You cant have protectionist trade policies without having negative effects on our economy. This aint f**king monopoly.

The Chinese have cornered the market on electronic imports. You place a "fee"= tariff on Chinese goods, you end up hurting the American consumer because there is no choice. With tariffs, its either expensive Chinese or nothing because there is no American competition...i mean none.

Lower-income families would be hurt the most with stupid ideas like that.

Second, we dont have any leverage against China. They can dump their US treasury bills, take a loss and your 401 k wouldnt be worth ? if worse comes to worse.

Dont kid yourself if you think you can have your way with the Chinese. I dont think Trump is that dumb.

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of y'all need to stop being sore losers. Unless you work for the government or your company has a government contract, man dem should
    R-E-L-A-X (word to Aaron Rodgers).

The American economy is the best thing about the country, and Presidents have little to do with it in the short term. federal govt bonds are the world's risk free rate.

I'm sure he ll make an ass of himself, just sit back with your popcorn.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whoever wants the wall should strap up their boots, put on their gloves and line up for work..

you help build the wall
    you get the paid low wages
    you work the long hours
    you put your blood and sweat into that wall

that's the way it should be
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Strong possibility trump will be reelected so you liberals should chill for awhile

As soon as they realize he's not gonna ? The Jews and cut off Israel, that deep neo-? support he has will evaporate.

If he starts a Trade War with China, the economy will tank hard enough to doom any president.

Those Rust Belt factories are NOT coming back. Them sad-ass rural white people living in sad-ass dilapidated small towns that are catching ? Epidemic style hell from opioids will not see their ? lives improve. In fact they'll prolly see more prison time instead cuz Law & Order LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Did I mention he's not gonna have the advantage of running against a dirt covered uncharismatic politician as hated as Hillary Clinton? Because I think we all know how this race woulda played out with Biden or Bernie.

No disrespect but Y'all liberals have no weight when it comes to political predictions. Everything you thought was going to happen didn't.

Some form of wall will be built either directly or indirectly Mexico will pay for it.

There will be no trade war with China what most likely trump is going to do is charge American companies who produce in China and then ship there products back into america a fee. Thus making production and then sale of those products in america less profitable this hopefully will make those companies both produce and sell in america or make there American made competition more competitive Within the domestic market .... and that means jobs which means popularity for trump.

As for Iran and war..... not going to happen but that deal will be renegotiated.

First off, thats you hoping Trump is gonna do those things.

You cant have protectionist trade policies without having negative effects on our economy. This aint f**king monopoly.

The Chinese have cornered the market on electronic imports. You place a "fee"= tariff on Chinese goods, you end up hurting the American consumer because there is no choice. With tariffs, its either expensive Chinese or nothing because there is no American competition...i mean none.

Lower-income families would be hurt the most with stupid ideas like that.

Second, we dont have any leverage against China. They can dump their US treasury bills, take a loss and your 401 k wouldnt be worth ? if worse comes to worse.

Dont kid yourself if you think you can have your way with the Chinese. I dont think Trump is that dumb.

What i suggested should not be described as a tariff on Chinese goods it's just a fee for american goods made in china and sold in america. The Chinese companies would still be able to sell there goods in america without this fee, this would not really be a protectionist policy because any nation would still be able to sell their goods in america we are not protecting our markets from foreign competition we would simply be regulating american corporations selling their goods within america.

don't tell me you are an american company but you don't make anything in america... that's that ? and china cannot do the bold without also destroying itself and the world economy. Things cannot stay the way they are americans deserve an industrial manfacturing base
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Some of y'all need to stop being sore losers. Unless you work for the government or your company has a government contract, man dem should
    R-E-L-A-X (word to Aaron Rodgers).

The American economy is the best thing about the country, and Presidents have little to do with it in the short term. federal govt bonds are the world's risk free rate.

I'm sure he ll make an ass of himself, just sit back with your popcorn.

where u been!!? some of them do..
    one of which is THE Supreme fucknigga on these boards. lmmfao

? 's gonna slit his wrist once Obama is officially out of office. lmmfao
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I'm almost positive will happen, is that the WH will be FULL of scandals. shady deals, favors, affairs (just wait till the ? interns for Trump arrive) Whether they sink him or not, dont know yet. But I'm willing to be there was a lot of temptation for W and for Obama, and I doubt they took the bait. Trump will, and it will be exposed much harder than anything Bill did. Live by social media, die by social media. and Melania will not just sit there and defend him. She has no aspirations in politics like Hillary did. Just sit back and let the old and new ? get exposed. Trump's taxes WILL leak at some point during his presidency. He;d honestly be smart to just put them out now.

Cosign everything you posted.....he is a real estate mogul so I expect quite a few scandals that involve him or his administration trying to perform shady deals associated with real estate somehow. He has gotten through everything that was thrown at him (grab them by the ? mixtape, racism, xenophobism, etc) due to his support of his base and this will be no different. With a Republican controlled Senate and Congress, I don't see him getting impeached on anything.

Also, Jim Webb would have be an excellent Democratic candidate for 2020 but he would be 74 by then. Former Senator, Governor from VA, and served under Reagan but who knows who will step up by then.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol cubs tryin to get there white house visits moved up before jan 20th lol that white house gonna be lonely and alot of unconformable visits even when trump goes out to places but man ? be crazy if the pats win superbowl they probably gonna have a sleep over at the white house

Lmao ? i swear i been thinkin the same ? aint no sports teams gonna wanna be in that ? and if they do its gonna be mad akward, thats what was so cool bout obama dude was one of the most laid back and normal presidents we've had
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So with not just all the racist crazy ? Trump has promised he will do,but him (intentionally) re-energizing the ? and emboldening white supremacists across the country

We have "black" people here chalkin' up people concerns and apprehension about this temperamental man-child,
    as being merely "sore losers" now that he has full power of the US government behind (the right wing control all of Congress) him as President?
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    lol cubs tryin to get there white house visits moved up before jan 20th lol that white house gonna be lonely and alot of unconformable visits even when trump goes out to places but man ? be crazy if the pats win superbowl they probably gonna have a sleep over at the white house

Lmao ? i swear i been thinkin the same ? aint no sports teams gonna wanna be in that ? and if they do its gonna be mad akward, thats what was so cool bout obama dude was one of the most laid back and normal presidents we've had
    I thought about this too. I though that might look weird with Hillary, but then I remembered that A. She does like sports (probably more than Trump) and B. Like her husband, she looks the most comfortable singing the praises around a large group of neeghas lol

I also realized, there have been some great concerts at the white house these last 4 years. Not just hip hop, but stevie wonder, paul mccartney tributes, latin music tributes, soul/jazz tributes, obama singing sweet home chicago with bb king. All that nice cultural uplifting ? , GONE. No rapper but the cooniest of ? is gonna wanna visit the WH now. Maybe if Trump hadn't talked all that ? about obama, and this was still the 90s Trump, doing skits on Method Man albums and ? , it'd be different, but now? Nah son.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump has pretty much stated in his letter to blacks that he's taking the Mexican jobs and giving them to blacks. That only going to create more tension and racial divide. Smh.
  • a.mann
    Options
    The 1st White House concert in Trump's presidency will probably be performed by Ted Nugent
  • a.mann
    Options
    Maybe Gene Simmons ..........
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Rza gonna perform at the White House and be Trump's go too ? when he wants cool points from black people.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In before Trump rebrands Obamacare as trump Care and the insurance companies wont have such an antagonistic view of his "plan"
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

man, I woulda said no that skit. Like helllll no. Wait til after the election. Or at least edit it to "Not if YOU become President"
  • a.mann
    edited November 2016
    Options
    In before Trump rebrands Obamacare as trump Care and the insurance companies wont have such an antagonistic view of his "plan"

Yup...
    Those Infrastructure and Jobs Bills Obama proposed that the GOP have been blocking and refusing to take a vote for theses last 4-7 years....??

They are going to pass these under Trump.

Obama had solid and feasible ideas and proposers....all blocked and obstructed by conservatives in Congress
    They did this purely out of hatred and spite.
    But NOW they have one of their own as President........

Well, as history has shown us time & time again, the white man will get and take the credit

• a.mann
    Options
    The GOP passing these Bills, will give them more leeway to "bring law & order" to the black community,amongst other things
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Insurance companies love the subsidized premiums. They want more people to enroll to offset the sick.

Watch them pass community college retraining bill that obama been begging them to consider.

GOP are full of ? as usual
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

GOAT

he AIN'Tsending back mexicans either, businesses make too much money not paying for their tools or insurance- also these "blue collar" voters prefer a climate controlled factory and unions... residential construction is a harsh world...i prewire and you only see white guys with a cigarette and clip board...or they work slowly, trump comes from a realty background- he knows the importance of cheap labor for profits...

A comedian once said "stop saying these mexicans taking our jobs, when the last time you wanted to pick some tomatoes"