The official 2016 NFL off season thread

Options

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? need to stop until this last season when we were coming off a 12-4 year nobody ever picked us.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Man please.

The only offseason that y'all wasn't getting division, super bowl etc picks was prior to the 2014 season when everyone picked y'all to be terrible and y'all turned out to be really good instead.

Every other year ya are picked to win the division or some say Super Bowl. Especially on ESPN. All them 8-8 years Media folk sucked y'all ? prior to the year.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stop, wasn't nobody picking us in them 8-8 years except Cowboys beat writers. Y'all sound like some whole hoes in here crying about us and ? .
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Dallas is always the team projected to win the division.

I don't even argue about it no more.

Jerry Jones himself could be the starting QB and they'll get the offseason love.

I wouldn't want it an other way to be honest.

• Mciti
    Mciti Members Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Options
    Dallas is always the team projected to win the division.

Everyone said in 2014 they would be 8-8 6-10 etc. This year it's mixed
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stop, wasn't nobody picking us in them 8-8 years except Cowboys beat writers. Y'all sound like some whole hoes in here crying about us and ? .

Lol at whole hoe. Cmon bruh we not making this ? up. My squad never gets any props before the season. I cant speak for Washington but I know for a fact you guys are always the ones to win the division because the experts are always saying how close your team is to having the missing pieces to getting you closer to a bowl.

No sarcasm but yall Americas team it is what it is

• Mciti
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Lol @ ppl thinking Romo can play 16 games with his style of play.

??? He came back to early from his collarbone surgery last year...,he fractured a piece of it,he didn't break the whole thing the second time. They fixed it to where it's harder for it to fracture again. Other than that he hasn't miss that much time. So if you bankimg on them sacking this year cause Romo is "injury prone" that won't happen. History shows he plays way more than he is injured. If he plays then they win the division and you know that.

Giants will be a wild card if no major inquires occur and they let Perkins run the rock.

• Mciti
    Options
    Panthers
    Packers
    Arizona
    Dallas

Seattle
    Giants

Texans
    Patriots
    Chiefs
    Steelers

Bengals
    Raiders

For now...I'll change during pre-season
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Mciti wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Lol @ ppl thinking Romo can play 16 games with his style of play.

??? He came back to early from his collarbone surgery last year...,he fractured a piece of it,he didn't break the whole thing the second time. They fixed it to where it's harder for it to fracture again. Other than that he hasn't miss that much time. So if you bankimg on them sacking this year cause Romo is "injury prone" that won't happen. History shows he plays way more than he is injured. If he plays then they win the division and you know that.

Giants will be a wild card if no major inquires occur and they let Perkins run the rock.

Kinda ? ? is this? Lmao ? this ain't the Patriots in the AFC East. Yall don't run ? like that, try again.
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Damn, RG3. Has anyone felt themself unjustifiably more than RG3 did?

Excerpt from "The Puzzling Plummet of RGIII" by Jason Reid.
    http://theundefeated.com/features/the-puzzling-plummet-of-rgiii/

4tsrh3.png
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brandon Boykin to visit Falcons on Monday

Posted by Mike Florio on May 18, 2016, 7:57 PM
    Well-traveled cornerbackBrandon Boykin will be traveling to a new NFL city.

D. Orlando Ledbetter of theAtlanta Journal-Constitutionreports that Boykin will visit the Falcon on Monday.

A fourth-round draft pick of the Eagles in 2012, Philly traded him last year to the Steelers. Boykin barely contributed in one season with Pittsburgh, and he then signed with Carolina as a free agent.

Carolina’s decision to dump Boykin came only days after coach Ron Rivera explained that it would be impossible to fully assess the team’s rookie cornerbacks before they can engage in bump-and-run coverage and other contact drills at training camp. Apparently, they saw enough from Boykin to move on.

Whether Boykin can show the Falcons enough to get a job will be determined on Monday

For those who don't read....no he wasn't cut by 3 teams. Just by one who just drafted 57 cbs.

S/N Carolina will go through a Super Bowl slump. Atlanta and Denver showed the blueprint to beat them. That loss took a lot out of them. They cried in the car. It will have an impact on this season.
  • Stew
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    It's weird how all these ? talking ? in here but their teams are all Wack

Jordan Reed still running through y'all secondary as we speak.

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figured the outrage over this was BS...

Washington Post Poll Finds Redskins Name Doesn't Offend 9 in 10 Native Americans

Results of a Washington Post poll released Thursday showed 90 percent of Native Americans asked weren't bothered by the Washington Redskins' team nickname.

John Woodrow ? , Scott Clement and Theresa Vargas of the Washington Post reported the results from the survey of 504 people from every state and Washington, D.C., are right in line with a similar poll conducted 12 years ago by the Annenberg Public Policy Center.

Other results of the poll show more than seven in 10 felt "Redskin" wasn't a disrespectful term, and eight in 10 wouldn't be offended if called that by a non-native. The responses were consistent across every demographic group, according to the report.

"I'm proud of being Native American and of the Redskins," Chippewa teacher Barbara Bruce told the Washington Post. "I'm not ashamed of that at all. I like that name."

"Let's start taking care of our people and quit worrying about names like Washington Redskins," Randy Whitworth said in a video accompanying the piece.

The poll is in stark contrast to a 2014 survey done by James V. Fenelon, a sociology professor at California State University, San Bernardino, which found 67 percent of Native Americans believed the nickname was a racist word.

Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk passed along a statement from Washington owner Daniel Snyder after the release of the new poll:

The Washington Redskins team, our fans and community have always believed our name represents honor, respect, and pride. Today's Washington Post polling shows Native Americans agree. We are gratified by this overwhelming support from the Native American community and the team will proudly carry the Redskins name.

The Change the Mascot campaign also released a statement, via Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, reacting to the sentiment expressed in the poll, which reads in part:

"The results of this poll confirm a reality that is encouraging but hardly surprising: Native Americans are resilient and have not allowed the NFL’s decades-long denigration of us to define our own self-image,” said National Congress of American Indians Executive Director Jackie Pata and Oneida Nation Representative Ray Halbritter in a statement issued by the Change the Mascot campaign. “However, that proud resilience does not give the NFL a license to continue marketing, promoting, and profiting off of a dictionary-defined racial slur — one that tells people outside of our community to view us as mascots."

Last July, a poll by YouGov and the Huffington Post found 50 percent of Americans felt the term was not disparaging to Native Americans, compared to 36 percent who thought it was. And 56 percent said the team shouldn't change its moniker.

The Redskins' nickname has remained a hot-button topic in recent years. In 2014, 50 senators signed a letter sent to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell urging him to force a change.

Snyder has stood behind the name throughout the criticism, though. He explained to Erik Brady of USA Today three years ago that things weren't going to change.

"We will never change the name of the team," Snyder said in 2013. "As a lifelong Redskins fan, and I think that the Redskins fans understand the great tradition and what it's all about and what it means, so we feel pretty fortunate to be just working on next season."

The situation has also become part of a legal battle involving the franchise's ability to trademark the name. Des Bieler of the Washington Post reported in April that the team requested a Supreme Court review of its appeal to a ruling that upheld the cancellation of the trademark.

The appeal is based on a prior decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, which ruled the Slants, an Asian-American rock band, should be allowed to obtain a trademark. Judge Kimberly Moore wrote the 9-3 majority opinion, noting the U.S. Constitution "protects even hurtful speech," according to the AFP (via Yahoo Sports).

The Washington Post noted in the poll report that the Native Americans' feelings on the issue could make it more difficult for those who oppose the name to force change. The results may be used as part of the ongoing legal proceedings too.
  • Stew
    Options
    And the majority of ppl against it are...wait for it....white liberals.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    Damn, RG3. Has anyone felt themself unjustifiably more than RG3 did?

Excerpt from "The Puzzling Plummet of RGIII" by Jason Reid.
    http://theundefeated.com/features/the-puzzling-plummet-of-rgiii/

4tsrh3.png

I been cracking up about that part . The mental picture is hilarious
  • Stew
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I find the name offensive, change it to deadskins and I think we'll be good.

^^White liberal voting for Trump
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe I need to go back and change my AFCS pick to the Texans. Not sure why I have zero faith in the Colts, even though they should absolutely dominate that division.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? ain't missed a game in 3yrs with the NOLES, now he gets with the Janky Jags and get hurt.
    Same ? with Fowler.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #JalenRamsey meniscus tear surgery
    if menisectomy (trim), 4-6 weeks recovery.
    if repair (sutures), 4-6 months.