This Thread Has Ran Its Course

Options

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Why is it being proud of everything from our home, relationship, education, kids, economic standing, race, etc is acceptable but being proud of the physical is viewed as attention seeking and unacceptable?

It's just a ? body for Christ sake.

Being too proud of anything Is really not good.

But society says otherwise.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is considered "too proud" though?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Basically feeling you are "better than" because of trivial things. People will SAY "I dont think I'm better than anyone because of....." But it's usually apparent in how they carry themselves.
  • Kat
    Options
    So me taking and posting photos of my body would indicate I think I'm better than somebody? What if I travelled alot and posted those pics too? Am I saying I'm better cause you don't travel?
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So me taking and posting photos of my body would indicate I think I'm better than somebody? What if I travelled alot and posted those pics too? Am I saying I'm better cause you don't travel?

@Kat

That's not what she is doing though. She is insinuating that she's "better than" Mrs. MeToo by wanting to compare pictures.

That was the only flaw in Mrs. MeToo argument, because she fell into that trap of claiming she looks better as if that matters.
  • Kat
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah I don't condone that I look better than you ? .

Looks and attractiveness are subjective anyway.

My question stemmed more from your accusation that posting photos of yourself is some terrible deed.

Not that serious.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

You are taking pictures to show your body off. You might be "proud" to have your body type and want the world to see it. And that usually garners attention. But not everyone wants to see your body...

I've never heard anyone object to looking at pictures taken while on vacation. And usually, people will ask "did you take pictures?"

Two different situations.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is MrsMe2 Judah's wife?

It would explain a lot
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options

My question stemmed more from your accusation that posting photos of yourself is some terrible deed.

Not that serious.

That in itself is not terrible. However, when you combine that with also having nothing interesting to contribute.. that's a problem. She'll have to deal with that in therapy some day if she ever wants to be better. I told her I'd be her e-therapist, but I guess she's not ready yet.

I've seen other females post pics like she does who also have more to contribute. Nothing wrong with that, in my Cracca ass opinion.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Is MrsMe2 Judah's wife?

It would explain a lot

Nah. She thinks yall are too mean to join up.
  • Kat
    Options

You are taking pictures to show your body off. You might be "proud" to have your body type and want the world to see it. And that usually garners attention. But not everyone wants to see your body...

I've never heard anyone object to looking at pictures taken while on vacation. And usually, people will ask "did you take pictures?"

Not everybody wants to see my 500 vacation pics but if I'm proud to show them off Imma post them..if you don't want to see them, don't ? look.

It's just curious to me that there is so much focus put on the female body. Meanwhile we don't blink twice when it's in advertising or done by a celebrity or what we deem to be a "classy" manner.

I can post a picture of my body and still have plenty more to offer the world. Why is the physical always the focus?

It's silly.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

@Kat

That's not what she is doing though. She is insinuating that she's "better than" Mrs. MeToo by wanting to compare pictures.

That was the only flaw in Mrs. MeToo argument, because she fell into that trap of claiming she looks better as if that matters.

It was Becky who said that she looked better by than me.

Again, cacs with their faux facts blinded by their racism.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Not everybody wants to see my 500 vacation pics but if I'm proud to show them off Imma post them..if you don't want to see them, don't ? look.

It's just curious to me that there is so much focus put on the female body. Meanwhile we don't blink twice when it's in advertising or done by a celebrity or what we deem to be a "classy" manner.

I can post a picture of my body and still have plenty more to offer the world. Why is the physical always the focus?

It's silly.

You literally are making "the physical" the focus when you post pictures with the purpose of showing off your body. Stop tryin to act like you don't seek attention of some sort when you post pictures of your body....

The reason the female body is under such scrutiny is because of the worlds double standard. It's not right, but its reality. Sorry....

But imo, men and women should not seek attention of any manner with those bodies. ? is a powerful emotion and everyone knows that. There was a time when modesty for both of the sexes was the norm, but things changed.

Now "bad" is "good", and "good" is "bad.....

That sounds familiar....
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mrs. Me Too
    Mrs. Me Too Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Options

Not that serious.

Post yourself sure that's cool. Posting yourself slapping your ass and in your underwear is attention seeking/skank behaviour.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Yes

Not that serious.

Post yourself sure that's cool. Posting yourself slapping your ass and in your underwear is attention seeking/skank behaviour.

Would it make a difference if I told you that I only posed in my bathing suits?

Not really. Because you are too blinded by your bigotry.

Where is that proof pic though?

You said you look "a hell of alot" better then me. I'm waitinf.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »

@Kat

Great point.
    I just said that, but yes. Great point.
    Shake it girl!
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Yes

@Kat

Great point.
    Shake it girl!

Don't tell me to do ? . I'm not your slave and you don't own me.

Just be real and tell everyone that you are still hot because I rejected you when I first signed up.

Ever since then you been a Khaleesi hater because I didn't want your cac ass.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Yes

Basically feeling you are "better than" because of trivial things. People will SAY "I dont think I'm better than anyone because of....." But it's usually apparent in how they carry themselves.

I didnt say I was better then becky. It was the other way around.

So why am I too proud again?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

I didnt say I was better then becky. It was the other way around.

So why am I too proud again?

That was a response to Katt
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options

@Kat

Great point.
    Shake it girl!

Don't tell me to do ? . I'm not your slave and you don't own me.

Just be real and tell everyone that you are still hot because I rejected you when I first signed up.

Ever since then you been a Khaleesi hater because I didn't want your cac ass.

How special it could have been...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @stew je suis très heureuse de faire votre connaissance!

Tu es Francaise? Cool je ne suis plus le seul

Nous sommes seulement deux ici
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who got pics of Mrs Me too? Just make the thread
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Somebody @ me when a judge is needed.
  • Kat
    Options

Not that serious.

What about a bikini? Is that skank behavior as well?

It's really a matter of opinion and semantics.

You can show your body BUT make sure you do it in a way that doesn't make it look like you're being "skanky" or attention seeking.

Am I wrong?