American white student gets detained in n korea, begs for mercy

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I tried but I just can't give any ? about this. White people got a bad habit of going to other people's countries and thinking they can do whatever they want

Yep
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    North Korea is a self conscious nation, they don't like visitors because then visitors go back and say how bad it really is in N. Korea.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Lmao this ain't cause for war yall bugging

This ? is going to need to be dealt with eventually. Rip the band-aid off now, or wait a another 20-30 years when they get even more sadistic.

I ain't about this one instance. People NK have been forced to live under that authoritarian, unethical, uncivilized, robotic, demoralizing, hopeless, ultra-controlled regime for years and its seriously ? up. Sometimes it's just better to intervene and help out an entire population under the rule of a sadistic family, which literally worships the dead as if they were still alive.

How much do you know about foreign affairs? Serious question

I guess my argument is more ideological than anything, but it should bother the free world going to sleep at night knowing there is a entire country that is stuck under the thumb of an entirely brutal dictatorship.

NK is a rogue state. If we know anything about history, its the human element is always a wild card and there is depraved individual running things. Its only a matter of time before Seoul gets bombed.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know ? about asian politics

Why does China protect N.Korea?

China seems like they normal and cool but same time they provide protection to someone who is batshit crazy. Why?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

China seems like they normal and cool but same time they provide protection to someone who is batshit crazy. Why?

They don't want a refugee crisis on their hands, and thats whats gonna happen if N Korea ever goes to war. Millions of uneducated and unskilled workers flooding across their border.
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People wanna go places and do what they wanna do, kinda like when u go to someone else's house when u first step in u stay by the door shut up and wait for further instructions, privedge at its least finest, not your house so u don't do as u please, middle east places a liquor is illegal or at least being intoxicated you can be jailed, not like until u get sober I'm talking years,
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

They don't want a refugee crisis on their hands, and thats whats gonna happen if N Korea ever goes to war. Millions of uneducated and unskilled workers flooding across their border.

This. NK also has nothing going for it, so trying to absorb it or install a government would be a huge task that comes with alot of risk with little to no reward. NK serves as a buffer state between US allied South Korea, which China already has contention with because of proximity. If NK fell, China would no longer have a buffer from US influence in that sphere as well.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda chuckled to myself when I read that he died.

I ain't ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to him was unfortunate, but there really wasn't any legitimate reason for him to be over there to begin with.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet N.Korea shipped him back over here with the Simian Flu or some ? .

His body was the Trojan Horse

This might be more legitimate than you would think. Keep an eye on the news for the next few months.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats wild

News said just this morning he was in stable condition.

Something is off

Obama should send another letter to his family saying "...and you still need to shut the ? up"
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    What happened to him was unfortunate, but there really wasn't any legitimate reason for him to be over there to begin with.

He was over there on a school trip
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White Privilege finally catches a L

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? is going to need to be dealt with eventually. Rip the band-aid off now, or wait a another 20-30 years when they get even more sadistic.

I ain't about this one instance. People NK have been forced to live under that authoritarian, unethical, uncivilized, robotic, demoralizing, hopeless, ultra-controlled regime for years and its seriously ? up. Sometimes it's just better to intervene and help out an entire population under the rule of a sadistic family, which literally worships the dead as if they were still alive.

I guess my argument is more ideological than anything, but it should bother the free world going to sleep at night knowing there is a entire country that is stuck under the thumb of an entirely brutal dictatorship.

NK is a rogue state. If we know anything about history, its the human element is always a wild card and there is depraved individual running things. Its only a matter of time before Seoul gets bombed.

Who has North Korea attacked? Where is your proof? Stop speaking in hypotheticals and regurgitating racist American propaganda. If North Korea wanted to attack Seoul they would. Nothing is stopping them. America is a rouge state, with drones bombing some part of the world as I type or some classified Navy Seal unit assassinating someone as I type.

From the few documentaries and interviews of high ranking officials that I have seen and heard. North Korea wants to be left the hell alone to run their Govt they way the see fit. But with China and the US constantly threatening their Govt they feel the need to protect themselves. And given our track record of bombing and killing those we disagree with I cannot blame them.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Who has North Korea attacked? Where is your proof? Stop speaking in hypotheticals and regurgitating racist American propaganda. If North Korea wanted to attack Seoul they would. Nothing is stopping them. America is a rouge state, with drones bombing some part of the world as I type or some classified Navy Seal unit assassinating someone as I type.

From the few documentaries and interviews of high ranking officials that I have seen and heard. North Korea wants to be left the hell alone to run their Govt they way the see fit. But with China and the US constantly threatening their Govt they feel the need to protect themselves. And given our track record of bombing and killing those we disagree with I cannot blame them.

I guess it's easy to spit on your own democracy when you're living in it huh?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aww man

i was ignorant af to this story

i thought dude went into a coma after he got sentenced

I was like, aint no damn way he was in a coma for a year, now all of a sudden he up

i was thinking he was just faking it the whole time

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or difficult for some to understand that democracy means others not wanting, or caring to live like them and actually respecting their wishes.

But interesting you didn't answer either of my questions. But I know why, it's because, you have no proof...So, keep on regurgitating. Parrot.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I tried but I just can't give any ? about this. White people got a bad habit of going to other people's countries and thinking they can do whatever they want

Word to that kid that got fllogged in Singapore... The ? card aint good everywhere
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »

He was over there on a school trip

His ass learned a lot on dat trip. White privilege don't work everywhere. Now he a vegetable
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man this country is arrogant as hell....the big Ole world don't think or hold the same values as us westerners. Yet we stay trying to force our way of life on them cuz we so right...