Video: DJ Quik Trashes "The Life Of Pablo" & Kanye.. "His Celebrity Supersedes His Talent Right"

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And about publications...bout a year back I mentioned how much we miss the OG Source. An urban-led respected publication that's actually above the artists it rates. Some ? didn't seem to understand.

Well now you see how it plays a factor. Complex and Pitchfork aren't strong enough to survive a Kanye attack. They give Kanye a bad review and he goes on a twitter rant they start losin money. I cant even imagine any possibility of a Kanye album that Complex and Pitchfork wouldnt grade as excellent??

Not to mention these dudes are not power brokers. Just nerdy ass hipster bloggers. Kanye givin these ? Season 3 tickets and a pair of Yeezys they will NO cross him.

On the flip, The OG Source had no problem rating Jay z and Nas' subpar albums appropriately. We have no such viable barometer anymore and this is how it plays a part. ? like Yeezus and TLOP goes unchecked.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still haven't listened to TLOP post...

Don't plan to either

You're so cool
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    So let me ask ya'll a question. What would ya'll like to see Kanye do artistically?

Make. good. music. What kinda sign of the times Complex question is this

Real music is organic idgaf about any rappers artistic direction that's code for i fuked up

-Common, some fans were put off by Electric Circus, what do you say to that?
    -Well i went in a differnt artistic direction. ..

-Kanye, Yeezus was panned by fans what do you say to that?
    -Well i went in a differnt artistic direction. ..

Dope beats, dope rhymes man ? that dumb ?

Regardless of what u said its still just YOUR opinion. Some will agree, some wont. I personally know people that like the album n I heard other people on podcasts (ie Joe Budden, CthaGod) who have no reason to ? ride say they liked the album.

The common denominator is all the people who say he been on a multiyear decline still checked for the ? n will probably check for the next project...even when this one wasnt easily accessible. U either had to find a link or input personal information (do some work) for the album to hear it

U a fan
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He right. Kanye got a whole Lotta of Dollaz and not enough sense. Kanye hasnt had a good album since 2007.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But quik garbage that jazz ? he make

Die.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Electric Circus will be looked at years from now as a classic album.

I wouldn't use the term "classic" on the album but I personally liked the album. I have no qualms with it
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Maybe his head is all the way up in Kim Kardashian's v@gina. Vadashian ... the new p*ssy.

Well damn! Ether for the soul.

Havent read the thread yet but Kanye responded with feelings yet?...lol

Edit: ok read the thread. INB4 Kanye responds with feelings or has a skit on his next album getting bigged up by Quik.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was random of him to mention kim kardashian, when kanye west drops an album his bar of expectation in rap is incredibly high compare to others . TLOP has its moments where it's good but it also has its moments when it is bad.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So let me ask ya'll a question. What would ya'll like to see Kanye do artistically?

Live up to the name of his label and make good music. Nothing more. Nothing less.
  • moneycrooksent.
    moneycrooksent. Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    Biggest DJ Quik fan got all his albums from Born and Raised to Balance & Options. He come off as hater on this one. You can say the album weak, but all the extra stuff said uncalled. One the for sure Yae beats is always crazy!!!
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunno man sounds like hatin'. If it's a 'challenge', why mention his wife.

Agreed though just random and bitter soundin'.

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunno man sounds like hatin'. If it's a 'challenge', why mention his wife.

Agreed though just random and bitter soundin'.
    Cuz she has a lot to do with why he sucks.

Having Kardashian reality cameras on the left of u and the fashion industry on the right of u is not an environment conducive to making good hip hop music
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I told ? about 'Ye fuckery months ago. Leave it to a legend to put it into prospective. The album was average at best & anyone willing to buy it after all that Tidal ? is a damn fool. Them Kardashian's have cursed talented ? its pretty well documented. Who doesn't know this? They leave these dudes so worried about their image they get away from what made them great to begin with.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @king hassan a Chicagoan like KanYe but never dug dudes music like that.
  • R.D.
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Make college dropout again but not the same, just the same

Talk about Chicago some more even though he talked about it before we knew a chief keef

Talk about college some more even though we hate when Cole do it

Talk about his current life with the college dropout feel....don't do anything else, just give us some college dropout/late registration music...yeah he probably got the best discography in hip hop but we want more...just do music, we don't care if he wanna do other stuff...rap til he 60
    What in thee ? .

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF, 808s

Sit down somewhere big homie
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Make college dropout again but not the same, just the same

Talk about Chicago some more even though he talked about it before we knew a chief keef

Talk about college some more even though we hate when Cole do it

Talk about his current life with the college dropout feel....don't do anything else, just give us some college dropout/late registration music...yeah he probably got the best discography in hip hop but we want more...just do music, we don't care if he wanna do other stuff...rap til he 60
    What in thee ? .

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF, 808s

Sit down somewhere big homie

808's was pretty disappointing & as much as I like the other albums you mentioned Yeezus & TLOP don't help the best discography argument.
  • R.D.
    Options
    You're entitled to your feelings
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezus sucks bambaattaa ?