Video: DJ Quik Trashes "The Life Of Pablo" & Kanye.. "His Celebrity Supersedes His Talent Right"

Options

Comments

• Dyergram
    Dyergram Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Options
    love quik but hes hating here. The new kanye better than that album quik did with kurupt. Also hes totally gonna take these statements back like he did with dre.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Sounds like hater talk to me

Here's a question tho, how many ppl would have checked out the interview had he not mentioned Pablo.......?
    That ain't his fault. The wack ass site clipped that out so they could sell their wack ass radio show or whatever it is. I'm sure he said more ? .
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever think they words affect me is too stupid, and if you can do it better than me then you do it. -Yeezy
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common discography >>>>>> Kanye fight me...
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common discography >>>>>> Kanye fight me...

giphy.gif
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common's best album imo was Be & that was mostly produced by Kanye if I remember correctly. No way in hell Common's discography >>> Ye
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    So let me ask ya'll a question. What would ya'll like to see Kanye do artistically?

Make. good. music. What kinda sign of the times Complex question is this

Real music is organic idgaf about any rappers artistic direction that's code for i fuked up

-Common, some fans were put off by Electric Circus, what do you say to that?
    -Well i went in a differnt artistic direction. ..

-Kanye, Yeezus was panned by fans what do you say to that?

Dope beats, dope rhymes man ? that dumb ?

Kanye is making the music he considers good music. Some fans are gonna grow with you and some aren't. His "real''ity is not the same as yours, so how can you say his music isn't real.

This ? is funny, this is so much bs in this one post good lord

How can a ? claim personal music growth when he just hires 10 other ? to find his musical notes? Growth is done by the individual alone foh
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Still haven't listened to TLOP post...

Don't plan to either

You're so cool

Your mama
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    So let me ask ya'll a question. What would ya'll like to see Kanye do artistically?

Real music is organic idgaf about any rappers artistic direction that's code for i fuked up

Regardless of what u said its still just YOUR opinion. Some will agree, some wont. I personally know people that like the album n I heard other people on podcasts (ie Joe Budden, CthaGod) who have no reason to ? ride say they liked the album.

The common denominator is all the people who say he been on a multiyear decline still checked for the ? n will probably check for the next project...even when this one wasnt easily accessible. U either had to find a link or input personal information (do some work) for the album to hear it

U a fan

'? if its good or not at least im trending.'

missed the point completely by ignoring the first paragraph

1) a lot of people like it
    2)if u been trashing his last few projects but gave tidal your credit card info to listen to TLOP you're a confused individual, or even if u snatched up the leak quick as u could just to ? on it like u knew u would
    Since when did that matter in hip hop?

some of u are like how the LeBron haters were that talked ? about The Decision but was sittin there with a bag of popcorn watchin the whole ? play out constantly updating your FB like school girls "he did/said what?"

how quick were u to get the leak? or did u hit up Tidal like the bulk of his fans????

u a fan
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The life of pablo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dj quiks catalog and existence.Quik always been wack the audacity of this dude callin anybodys music wack
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kanye is making the music he considers good music. Some fans are gonna grow with you and some aren't. His "real''ity is not the same as yours, so how can you say his music isn't real.

How can a ? claim personal music growth when he just hires 10 other ? to find his musical notes? Growth is done by the individual alone foh

how's that worse than a rapper just pickin premade beats off a producers old beat cds?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could understand the argument for Common >>>> Ye.

But I can't cosign.

Musically Ye is so sooooo much bigger. He never needed to become a rapper to be as great as he became.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    Common's best album imo was Be & that was mostly produced by Kanye if I remember correctly. No way in hell Common's discography >>> Ye

This logic is flawed.....
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The life of pablo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dj quiks catalog and existence.Quik always been wack the audacity of this dude callin anybodys music wack

The P-Funk lives forever.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If someone asked me "do you think Quik is a Ye fan" before these comments, I would have said no.

Not sure why people are surprised. They're rivals in their field of work. With totally different styles to the way they do their ? .

Coupled with Ye being way more successful in a shorter career span there is a element of hate in Quik comments.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Dunno man sounds like hatin'. If it's a 'challenge', why mention his wife.

Agreed though just random and bitter soundin'.
    Cuz she has a lot to do with why he sucks.

Having Kardashian reality cameras on the left of u and the fashion industry on the right of u is not an environment conducive to making good hip hop music

Nah man bringin' up ? wives in such a way is a disrespect fam. Not to say he needs to tread eggshells coz Kanye is so tough but they have no beef so alla that was mad unnecessary.

You can delineate your thoughts on Kanye's music without disrespectin' him. It's not difficult. I kno' the IC loves it when one of these ? says another's name but come on man there was no need for most of what he said
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Having Kardashian reality cameras on the left of u and the fashion industry on the right of u is not an environment conducive to making good hip hop music

Nah man bringin' up ? wives in such a way is a disrespect fam. Not to say he needs to trad eggshells coz Kanye is so tough but they have no beef and alla that was mad unnecessary.

You can delineate your thoughts on Kanye's music without disrespectin' him. It's not difficult. I kno' the IC loves it when one o these ? says another's name but come on man there was no need for most of what he said

Groupthink running rampant in this thread
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Make college dropout again but not the same, just the same

Talk about Chicago some more even though he talked about it before we knew a chief keef

Talk about college some more even though we hate when Cole do it

Talk about his current life with the college dropout feel....don't do anything else, just give us some college dropout/late registration music...yeah he probably got the best discography in hip hop but we want more...just do music, we don't care if he wanna do other stuff...rap til he 60
    What in thee ? .

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF, 808s

Sit down somewhere big homie

LOL @ not mentioning his his last 2 albums like they didnt count.
    Those were pretty much all accepted as great pieces of work while the other two got mixed reviews which is why they were left off

5 great albums is still probably 3 more than your favorite rapper

Go play with another old ? , I don't do the nitpicking back n forth hoe ?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the ? out of the decision
    It was good as ?
    I thought he shoulda went to Chicago but I'm glad he didn't
    D.rose kneeless ass woulda had my ? on some Cleveland 2.0 ? where he was still doing everything himself
    Miami turned out to be a good destination
    He grew as a man and a champion
    Now he's back in the land to lead the next batch
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Make college dropout again but not the same, just the same

Talk about Chicago some more even though he talked about it before we knew a chief keef

Talk about college some more even though we hate when Cole do it

Talk about his current life with the college dropout feel....don't do anything else, just give us some college dropout/late registration music...yeah he probably got the best discography in hip hop but we want more...just do music, we don't care if he wanna do other stuff...rap til he 60
    What in thee ? .

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF, 808s

Sit down somewhere big homie

LOL @ not mentioning his his last 2 albums like they didnt count.
    Those were pretty much all accepted as great pieces of work while the other two got mixed reviews which is why they were left off

5 great albums is still probably 3 more than your favorite rapper

Go play with another old ? , I don't do the nitpicking back n forth hoe ?

Shut up Yeezymite, you're wrong in every aspect of this conversation.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quik is smart

Maybe he right maybe he wrong but he using the Kanye wave to promote his own music
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah man bringin' up ? wives in such a way is a disrespect fam. Not to say he needs to tread eggshells coz Kanye is so tough but they have no beef so alla that was mad unnecessary.

You can delineate your thoughts on Kanye's music without disrespectin' him. It's not difficult. I kno' the IC loves it when one of these ? says another's name but come on man there was no need for most of what he said

I don't respect Kim Kardashian. And what the hell she's a public figure too like 'Ye