The Official "Espn First Take , FS1 Undisputed, Sportscenter , Sports Radio, Podcasts etc" Thread.

Options

Comments

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Cha ching

thats what im saying.. If ESPN was offering him 4 mil annually and he shot that down.. FOX must be on some name your price ? .. i aint even mad at him .. keep getting dem checks...

but to be real First take lost its appeal for some time now. Was a time few years ago were FT was the must watch, but past couple years its feel off...

Everyone thinks that cuz everyone either hates or loves skip bayless. But it's not the case. FT made so much money for the network. Low production cost and alot of time slots for commercials to air equals crazy revenue

umm are you responding to my 2nd point about FT falling off?.. i mean it very well maybe as profitable as ever i was speaking simply on the quality of the show. Nothing to do wit skip..hell if someone watches FT and dont know skip be trolling by now , thats a damn shame .. FT constantly regurgitates the same topics 4 times in 4 different ways in one episode and its been a couple of other incidents...

me personally the combination of the jalen rose/skip/water pistol pete fiasco. them promoting the ? out of Ronda rousey - holmes fight. then not even discussing the fight until a week after holmes beat her. basically trying to save face for her.. ? they would NEVER do for another fighter. and that SAS godfather threat to KD was the final straw FOR ME...

im just more curious how much FOX paying skip.... got to be a grip
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ESPN ? up by overpaying for content that isn't worth the price they paid. They essentially just signed Arod to the Texas Rangers type contacts with the NBA, College Football, NFL, and NCAA mens basketball. This leaves less money to keep talent or sign new talent.

These sports bring in ad money and viewers. However the price they paid for the content is much higher than the ad money and ratings numbers they will get.

NBA: Outside of the Warriors and maybe the Cavs this product doesn't get much regular season viewership nation wide for the price they paid. Also TNT is getting the best games 9 times out of 10

NFL: Same thing as the NBA the best games aren't MNF games on espn anymore. Since espn has been critical and CBS has done thursday night you notice the MNF schedule has gotten lighter as the top games are not on espn. Less ratings less ad money they can charge

NCAA Mens Basketball: I used to watch hella college hoops and so did basketball regions like the northeast and Kentucky/Indiana/Heartland states. Now people watch less and less due to less talent and less growth. Also with the big east disbanding and teams playing easier schedules less viewership for regular season games. Even a Duke UNC game they can get wont get as many views as 10 years ago.

College Football: The NCAA's ? stubborness to not change the quarterfinal bowl games to not be on ? NYE is hurting ratings. Yes they get many viewers but ESPN paid a price for games to be primetime not on NYE but on new years day when people are home. But now every few years they get ? with ratings due to NYE. Bad signing without knowing the stubborness of the NCAA to keep traditions alive for i believe the sugar bowl quarterfinal? (not sure which ones are ? it up.

I live in CT and have heard about these layoffs at the main hub in Bristol. Those large gaps between actual ratings and ad revenue and what they paid in these contracts is deep as ? . And they aren't getting the best dibs for content. So big name personalities can't get raises or bigger contracts due to the deficit in money they paid for big new tv contracts. That's why all the talent is leaving or not coming to ESPN like they used too they are over the salary cap in content and can't sign or resign talent.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Damn Skip doing SAS like Michael did Kelly!

I wonder who's gonna debate Screamin A Smith now.....Molly?! Lol

Probably Skip as soon as Smith's contract is up.

FOX sports is paying skip $5-$6 million a year:

http://nypost.com/2016/04/26/espn-is-losing-one-of-its-biggest-loudmouths/

val1veufasu0.jpg

Don't really see how he's worth that much money by himself, but it makes sense to do what they can to get him so that they can lure Stephen A over there when his contract's up.

If Fox offers Stephen A the same deal, he's gone.

That's the end game.
  • deadeye
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    ESPN used to be the fun place to work, now it's becoming another company

Some clown at the top turned the network over to women and LGBT.

Yeah, figured something was up when Michelle Beadle started making noise.

I'd never even heard of her until she said something to get Stephen A suspended when the Ray Rice story first broke.

Now all of a sudden she's got pull???

When tf did that happen?
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    who would have ever thought women and ? agenda who really dont support sports like that anyway would have such a big impact on sports?

This definitely killed ESPN for me and their attempt to speak on race issues and domestic violence.

I agree. I want to hear about sports on ESPN not DV, women, LGBT or race.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Bill Simmons the GOAT already left so nothing else matters b.

I cant front though, Colin Cowherd is my ? but his show just ain't the same on FS1
  • deadeye
    edited April 2016
    Options
    His @ Hers is >>>>>>>>>>>>>First Take.

Has been for a while.

The problem, however, is the fact that First Take's ratings are a lot higher.......and they pull in a lot more money.

If you ever notice whenever His & Hers comes back from a commercial break, they've got advertisers.........otherwise they wouldn't have any commercials......but their only "sponsor" is Burger King.

First Take has multiple sponsors.

Then again, they might end up putting His & Hers in the 10:00 am spot.....because First Take will probably lose multiple sponsors and advertisers once Skip is gone.

Love him or hate him........the chemistry on the show won't be the same without him.

nh.

And that's more than likely gonna be reflected in the ratings.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Bill Simmons the GOAT already left so nothing else matters b.

I cant front though, Colin Cowherd is my ? but his show just ain't the same on FS1

Colin's show is so much better on i heart radio/fs1. Fox sports lets him do longer segments without commercials and he seems happier in Cali. I live in CT and get how depressing it is outchea given how litter there is to do and the weather.

Honestly espn's tight guidelines for commercials/ forced add sponsors for espn radio is what is killing the radio and daytime programming. Mike and Mike totally ripped off colins chill set as well due to their ratings dropping. Also espn gets old because they will have someone on campus and they do every damn show and you get the same answers should you drive in listening to espn radio then you get back from work and they interview (insert athlete here) when you are watching sports center at dinner.

Colin and Bill Simmons are guys that need more leeway weather it is simmons commercial free podcast or Colin's extended 20 min segments on fs1.

And the numbers don't lie the herd on FS1 is killing it rating wise and most of its viewers cant be measured due to the difficulty of measuring people streaming. Their podcasts are killing it as well on i tunes.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Mike and Mike is doo doo I just wanted to say that

I can't watch or listen to that BS.

I don't understand why they are so highly thought of by some.
  • UglySnowflake
    UglySnowflake Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Good maybe ESPN will shape up and stop dickriding the Warriors/Cavs
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please no Will Cain Kellermans cool..

If Stephen leaves.. let Scoop get a run
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I wish beadle was leaving ..I'm glad they cut sports nation from a hour to 30mins ..but now dry ass Rachel Nichols has a show and Marcellus Wiley is a big goofy ass cornbal mf

I don't mind Rachel Nichols show. At least ESPN finally got a consistent NBA show

Doubt if it last long. But its now worse than that show the starters
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should put Michael and Jemelle for those 2 hours

Bruh, Jemele has picked up the torch for the feminist/? agenda, don't be fooled, she done went from being 100% truth to 80% truth/20% social agenda ? these last 4 years.