The Official "Espn First Take , FS1 Undisputed, Sportscenter , Sports Radio, Podcasts etc" Thread.

Options

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many times Skip Bayless is called a ? in hate mail.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    teddy bruschi needs to be on whatever patriots program they have in the boston area, dude always slurps the patriots

U have to do things the right way the patriots way -teddy bruschi
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever they get to replace skip, I hope it's someone with a decent knowledge of MMA.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do they even talk about mma other than roussey
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trent dilfer was the Jon Barry of football analysts
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I never got the hate for skip, the dude is full of ? but I don't take it serious because it's entertaining.

Only thing I appreciate is that he's sympathetic towards racism against blacks. While SAS is cowarding against whites Skip will say "I'm white so I won't even try to act like I understand". He even used the term of him having white privilege while a lot of other whites be afraid to admit it.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Jon Barry should get his walking papers
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    I never got the hate for skip, the dude is ? full of ? but I don't take it serious because it's entertaining.

Only thing I appreciate is that he's sympathetic towards racism against blacks. While SAS is cowarding against whites Skip will say "I'm white so I won't even try to act like I understand". He even used the term of him having white privilege while a lot of other whites be afraid to admit it.

I respeck it but I can't help but think he's trying just a bit to pander at times
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never got the hate for skip, the dude is ? full of ? but I don't take it serious because it's entertaining.

I respeck it but I can't help but think he's trying just a bit to pander at times

Probably. He does have a large black audience so it would work in his favor.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't get the trent dilfer hate. he is a good analysts.

he is well prepared, articulate, informative and is not biased. you can tell he is a student of the game.

just because an athlete wasn't an all time great doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about.

we all saw how bad emmitt smith was on tv

Dilfer and Berman were awful as a team in that MNF game last season
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i don't get the trent dilfer hate. he is a good analysts.

he is well prepared, articulate, informative and is not biased. you can tell he is a student of the game.

just because an athlete wasn't an all time great doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about.

we all saw how bad emmitt smith was on tv

its not about that

im not even a big football fan but i just cant stand his analysis sometimes

and dilfers dimes, o gawd.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I find crazy is why are they offering these guys so much money but don't have the actual sports that people watch on their network.

I mean I get that 1st Take got crazy ratings but I would venture that nothing gets better ratings than the actual sports themselves. I honestly haven't set down and watched one of those talk shows in years.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do they even talk about mma other than roussey

They do but the problem is, the conversation does usually gravitate to something about Rousey or Mcgregor. Stephen A comes off more as a casual fan and Skip comes off as barley interested at all. Molly actually knows more about MMA than both of them.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Let bomani and jalen get more burn

The only reason I would watch ESPN
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea bomani is the only reason I watch highly questionable ...but he not getting his own show he's too radical for them
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Yea bomani is the only reason I watch highly questionable ...but he not getting his own show he's too radical for them

It's better that he's on the radio anyway...you can get away with alil bit more. His radio show GOAT as ?