The Official "Espn First Take , FS1 Undisputed, Sportscenter , Sports Radio, Podcasts etc" Thread.

Options

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody know if fox is giving skip his own show?

heard about a debate show with him and shannon sharpe

That would be cool
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Kellerman
    Bohami
    amin elhassan
    Rachel nichols
    J.a. adande
    Van pelt
    And a couple other I'm watch espn for.

Van Pelt's too high up in the hierarchy at ESPN to be doing First Take. I mean he's basically got his own SportsCenter doesn't he??? Even though to see him clowning on SAS like I think he would would be hilarious.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Kellerman
    Bohami
    amin elhassan
    Rachel nichols
    J.a. adande
    Van pelt
    And a couple other I'm watch espn for.

Van Pelt's too high up in the hierarchy at ESPN to be doing First Take. I mean he's basically got his own SportsCenter doesn't he??? Even though to see him clowning on SAS like I think he would would be hilarious.

I was being general with who I just like to watch on espn, not first take.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I agree Stephen A is over talking and doing way too much. This ? is about to burn to the ground.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's looking like Max Kellerman is gonna be the new co host.... That's not bad, I just wonder if he still will be doing Max & Marcellus on ESPN 710
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Been reading some articles sounds like skip wasn't really liked by some of his ESPN co workers
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    It's looking like Max Kellerman is gonna be the new co host.... That's not bad, I just wonder if he still will be doing Max & Marcellus on ESPN 710

Or sportsnation
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been reading some articles sounds like skip wasn't really liked by some of his ESPN co workers

yea listening to the SVP radio show i could tell him and his co host hated Skip. Pretty much thought he just says ? just for reactions and ratings. And he doesn't believe anything. Seems like the higher ups protected Skip due to him driving up ratings.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    They got 4 ? doin First Take today, and one aint Molly...this ? is hot trash...

Molly and Steve on vacation til middle of july
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    If max does get the gig I wouldn't be mad
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max Kellerman is doing SportsNation in L.A., why would he want to leave there just to go to Bristol, Conn?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max Kellerman is doing SportsNation in L.A., why would he want to leave there just to go to Bristol, Conn?

no ? . I know moving to LA was a huge reason Cowherd left
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got 4 ? doin First Take today, and one aint Molly...this ? is hot trash...

Feminazi party ? was terrible
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

At first I questioned why Carrie left First Take for Sportscenter and now she doing Sportscenter Coast to Coast in L.A.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    Will Cain was much better today. I especially liked his take on the requiremnet that players play 1 year in college before going to the NBA (will basically called it slavery).

Yesterday's show with Will and Stephen A. was bad, not becaue of Will, but because Stephen A. is now treating the show like it's his radio show or his cancelled show Quite Frankly. Now that Skip's gone, Stephen A. is talking 3x as much. He didn't even let Will finish his points before cutting him off to talk some more. Stephen A. isn't going to let this be a debate show. He's going to make it 2 hours of Stephen A. with the guest chiming in here and there.

Not good. The higher ups at ESPN need to tell Stephen A. that he can't make First Take a one man show.

IMO i don't think Stephen really wants to do the show that much more anyway, especially with all that he has goin on with other ventures cuz it seemed like more and more he was on location than actually in the studio the last couple of years....ESPN could be "forcing" him to do all that loud mouth overtalking BS to keep viewers interested and until they figure out if he's going elsewhere(cuz i think he said he really only did the show as a favor to Skip) or find a legitimate debater that has a good chemistry with SAS....they might have to find two new people altogether and just maybe bring SAS on as a guest debater from time to time
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

His FS1 show is in L.A. I don't know why he stop doing sportsnation tho.
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Must Be The Money!!!!
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    put some youngins on there or one older with one young dude

Who runs sportscenter/ESPN it could be so much better
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    kacee139 wrote: »

Must Be The Money!!!!

Right if they paying more why wouldn't he leave
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've always felt like Will Cain could be the perfect baby Skip from watching him on spot dates... He lost me on talking about Lebrons grammar on his IG but Will Cain is a good opposition but Stephen A and him will probably go at it and get personal... SAS doesn't respect the young white cat tho and might clash too hard... I kinda like SAS going against a youngin tho he had that fire yesterday like he saw bbq chicken on July 4th
    Good.

Problem with Skip and Stephen A is they were secretly friends all this time but try to appear like they're rivals.. so when one tells the other to shut up you know it was fake.. this time it could be real, cuz dude will try to fill Skips shoes and say something out of pocket but Stephen A will check him for real since they don't have a relationship
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Best Damn Sports Show would be a nice return. That ? >> First Take
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/jamie-horowitz-wants-to-channel-fox-news-takes-shot-at-espn.html
    JAMIE HOROWITZ WANTS TO CHANNEL FOX NEWS

According to what Horowitz told Joe Flint of The Wall Street Journal in a piece published Wednesday, the shift away from news towards opinion will continue across FS1, not just on Fox Sports Live. Some shifts towards controversial opinions have already been made, such as last summer’s hire and promotion of former ESPN provocateur Colin Cowherd, and more are on the way; Horowitz has even talked about targeting Skip Bayless. Interestingly enough, he told Flint that FS1 will be taking a page from a controversial corporate sibling:

Fortunately for Mr. Horowitz, there is already a blueprint within 21st Century Fox for what he wants to do with Fox Sports 1 – Fox News.

“Fox News positioned itself as provocative and opinion oriented,” Mr. Horowitz said. “I believe Fox Sports 1 can take a similar tack.” Opinion costs less than news and documentaries, and is likely to stand out more in the busy sports media world, he theorizes.

…One of Mr. Horowitz’s first moves was plucking Colin Cowherd from ESPN. Mr. Cowherd, who has an everyman’s approach to sports talk and a loyal following. “The Herd” is averaging 57,000 viewers, a small number but an improvement of more than 40% in its time slot. “People seem to think Colin is a more natural fit at Fox than he was at ESPN,” Mr. Horowitz said.

Katie Nolan, a homegrown talent who has gained a following for her willingness to call out bad behavior and hypocrisy in sports, will also be featured prominently. “There is fearlessness to her and a level of insight she brings to the table,” Mr. Horowitz said.

Other outspoken personalities with shows in the works include Jason Whitlock, a former Fox Sports 1 talent who is coming back after a stint at ESPN. He often tackles controversial topics regarding race in sports. However, a recent special he hosted on Fox Sports 1 made headlines for a different reason when New England Patriots star Rob Gronkowski gave a lap dance to anchor Julie Stewart-Binks.

Regarding the tendency of some of his talent to make the wrong kind of news, Mr. Horowitz said, “as long as people are trying to do incisive programming, we’re supportive and helpful with them.”

So, it looks like FS1’s strategy will be continuing to embrace debate and stir the ? , whether that’s on The Herd, the forthcoming Whitlock show or anything else. Being controversial and provocative certainly has done pretty well for Fox News, so it’s not surprising that FS1’s going that way, especially with First Take veteran Horowitz at the helm. We’ll see how much success it brings them, and if Horowitz’s shots at ESPN will prove prescient or poorly-timed.

Lol remember like 10-15 years ago when they brought in ? Rush Limbaugh for the nfl pregame shows on Fox...and it IMMEDIATELY went left when he started ranting about how Donnovan Mcnabb was overrated because he was Black