Better player in his PRIME: D Wade or Allen Iverson?

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I.
    I imagine ? would be fans of their father figure team

Can't recall ever cheering for 6ers or meeting a fan

Maybe that's a internet joke I just don't understand
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't get the Iverson was a father figure thing for the life of me, I never even rocked jerseys or headbands, and my braids were different lmao

Who would admit that ? ???

Ehh, maybe ? who don't seek validation from cacs pretending to be black online?

Or maybe ? could've not been lame from jump.

Or perhaps thinking for themselves instead of caring about wat some faceless munkeeeee think is lame
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    I still don't get the Iverson was a father figure thing for the life of me, I never even rocked jerseys or headbands, and my braids were different lmao

Or perhaps thinking for themselves instead of caring about wat some faceless munkeeeee think is lame

So many ? have that thought process. Sometimes, there's a reason one path is less traveled. You trying to prove that you do not care about what people think is crazy. You probably have a bunch of snap backs and threw away all your fitteds cause of what other people's thoughts.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Iverson was playing with Andre Roberson type ?

Yeah he could have passed more but was it really a worse shot than him taking ? his self

It'd be one thing if he'd played with ? who could score/knock down shots but at no point was that the case

? gave the greatest team in nba history their one playoff loss, put some respek on his name

This...... x100

When Aaron Mckie is your second best option (no diss to Aaron tho b/c he came to play ever night), that ? is sad a ? .

Defensively, he had a really good squad, but on offense he might well been in a landfill with all that stankin' ass trash around him. There was not one dude over there who could shoot, much less create their own shot.

Hell I remember vivdly Allen drivin' to the cup numerous times and dishin' to Dikembe and his hands of stones ass would drop, fumble or ? it half the time.

One thing I give huge credit to AI for is the fact that he never threw his teammates under the bus.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

So many ? have that thought process. Sometimes, there's a reason one path is less traveled. You trying to prove that you do not care about what people think is crazy. You probably have a bunch of snap backs and threw away all your fitteds cause of what other people's thoughts.

Sure buddy
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    MallyG wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Iverson was playing with Andre Roberson type ?

Yeah he could have passed more but was it really a worse shot than him taking ? his self

It'd be one thing if he'd played with ? who could score/knock down shots but at no point was that the case

? gave the greatest team in nba history their one playoff loss, put some respek on his name

This...... x100

When Aaron Mckie is your second best option (no diss to Aaron tho b/c he came to play ever night), that ? is sad a ? .

Defensively, he had a really good squad, but on offense he might well been in a landfill with all that stankin' ass trash around him. There was not one dude over there who could shoot, much less create their own shot.

Hell I remember vivdly Allen drivin' to the cup numerous times and dishin' to Dikembe and his hands of stones ass would drop, fumble or ? it half the time.

One thing I give huge credit to AI for is the fact that he never threw his teammates under the bus.

Yeah I'll give him that, he was a real one
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    That Iverson, diet LeBron, Webber, korver, dalembert team was decent
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    D Wade
    Beta wrote: »

Remember Jamal Mashburn was supposed to be on that team too........then the ? just fake died out of nowhere. And Korver bummed it vs Detroit.

But I agree with Peezy.....the team matters....? like Kobe Wade Duncan did have an all star talent or talents around them early in their careers & later on. AI ain't really have a decent team on Philly until like 2005.

With that being said.....I'm still taking D Wade tho.....AI is better scoring wise cause he can shoot the 3 & have the midrange & closer.......Wades 3 was always shaky.....Wade is more on his bootleg MJ in terms of getting off in the mid range & closer game......but Wade can get buckets..... & they both can get steals but defensively Wade got him cause he can block shots.

It's definitely debatable......but I'm picking Wade
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Remember Jamal Mashburn was supposed to be on that team too........then the ? just fake died out of nowhere. And Korver bummed it vs Detroit.

But I agree with Peezy.....the team matters....? like Kobe Wade Duncan did have an all star talent or talents around them early in their careers & later on. AI ain't really have a decent team on Philly until like 2005.

With that being said.....I'm still taking D Wade tho.....AI is better scoring wise cause he can shoot the 3 & have the midrange & closer.......Wades 3 was always shaky.....Wade is more on his bootleg MJ in terms of getting off in the mid range & closer game......but Wade can get buckets..... & they both can get steals but defensively Wade got him cause he can block shots.

It's definitely debatable......but I'm picking Wade

Always felt that way about Wade. Great player, though not as talented as Kobe, Jordan, or AI. Far more selfless player than those 3 though.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I.
    ? , A.I. is the reason we got a bronze medal. That ? dead to me.

You stupid as hell if you really think that's why they got a bronze medal
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I.
    I'm going with Iverson, but I freely admit there is some bias in that. I was a pre-Lebron Wade fan, but when Lebron went to the heat, Wade turned into a ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    I'm going with Iverson, but I freely admit there is some bias in that. I was a pre-Lebron Wade fan, but when Lebron went to the heat, Wade turned into a ? .

How?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    D Wade
    You can really go with Wade based off what he did to the Mavs in the finals to get his first ring while Allen just shook up the current Cavs coach in his first finals and literall that's it! No ring from it or nothing. D Wade even tho i like him less than A.I also has an edge because he plays both sides of the ball.

If yall gonna ? Curry for not defending (which i think yall dont be watching the games) you cant then come in and vote for Iverson when he barely played a lick of D for real.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    You can really go with Wade based off what he did to the Mavs in the finals to get his first ring while Allen just shook up the current Cavs coach in his first finals and literall that's it! No ring from it or nothing. D Wade even tho i like him less than A.I also has an edge because he plays both sides of the ball.

If yall gonna ? Curry for not defending (which i think yall dont be watching the games) you cant then come in and vote for Iverson when he barely played a lick of D for real.

Wade wasn't beating Shaq and Kobe in their prime. So just leave that part alone.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    A.I.

How?

? started flopping more, whining like a ? after every call no matter how blatant, and his go to move became that ? "throw up a shot and then kick your leg out to draw a foul." I ain't saying it's Lebron's fault, but prior to the formation of the Big 3, Wade just played ball. After that happened though, he became as much actor on the court as ball player.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade

How?

? started flopping more, whining like a ? after every call no matter how blatant, and his go to move became that ? "throw up a shot and then kick your leg out to draw a foul." I ain't saying it's Lebron's fault, but prior to the formation of the Big 3, Wade just played ball. After that happened though, he became as much actor on the court as ball player.

Wade was always flopping bruh.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    D Wade
    Better not ever see any of you ? picking Iverson say Stephen Curry can't be the best cause he doesn't play defense.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    A.I.
    Shizlansky wrote: »

How?

I clearly said he started flopping more. That ? went from something he did now and then to get an edge to damn near his central strategy.
  • Beta
    Options
    D Wade

How?

I clearly said he started flopping more. That ? went from something he did now and then to get an edge to damn near his central strategy.

False. Kyle Lowry uses it as strategy
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    A.I.

How?

What does Lowry have to do with anything. You dudes are trying so hard to disagree with me that you're bringing up ? that doesn't matter.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I.

How?

Point shaving and pump faking
  • Beta
    Options
    D Wade

How?

What does Lowry have to do with anything. You dudes are trying so hard to disagree with me that you're bringing up ? that doesn't matter.

I was telling you who does do what you just said...as it's not wade. Not that hard homie
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

How?

smh
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wade
    aneed123 wrote: »

How?

Lmao this sound like the title of NY Times Best Seller