Snoop Dogg Says We Should Boycott "Roots"

Options

Comments

• Buck Seventy
    Buck Seventy Members Posts: 20
    Options
    I've seen Roots and other slave movies that were made back in the day but I haven't watched the recent ones.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the original that's all I need to see. I did watch it last night, I thought was ok. I was wondering when the Aliens of the Illuminati will show up.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I find these types of movies to be beneficial. They are historical pieces that when put in context can be a source of inspiration.

If, you're tired of slave movies then you should be tired of gangster, ? , drugs and hoe movies as well.

i agree. but this fits into the lifestyle idea some people want to live.

i bet more people got and watch scarface in their crib then redtails

Red Tails was a horrible movie. Great cinematics but writing was poor and acting wasn't that great. Traditional Lucas Film.

But I'm ready to see the Nat Turner movie.

Redtails was a horrible movie. It felt more like a Disney sunday night movie than a historical film. And they just had to throw a white ? and some jungle fever ? in there to. ? had nothing to do with the Tuskegee Airmen but anything to make white people feel comfortable.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone going to see Free State of Jones?
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if we want want our stories told, what's wrong with pooling our money to hire a capable and qualified filmmaker to see the vision through? That way the people control the narrative and not the narrative controlling the people.

Oh wait, you all didn't really think that these studio would go deep into their pockets empower us and build US up did you?
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell Nah, Snoop needs to put the blunt down.
    I love slave movies because without them white people will rewrite history and act like it wasn't that bad.
  • Logic Last
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Can we get a movie on Mansa Musa or King Tut with black people playing these roles.

A movie about sundiata, Akhenaten, or even nzingha would be goat man. These Caucs don't want to see us in power, even on a semihistorical basis smh

Cool but slave movies are great. White people keep forgetting why we are in ghettos and why we have a self destructive element. I want white people to see it took a nation of millions to hold us back.
  • Logic Last
    Options
    Snoop could always take his money and hire a staff to make something different with blacks ...out wait. TOO MUCH LOGIC.

Wasn't that nikka Snoop in Soul Plane? I was embarrassed to be black when that was in theaters.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love slave movies because without them white people will rewrite history and act like it wasn't that bad.

You said it best folk,

They already trying to rewrite the history books and take out the word slave

We need to keep our slave movies to show the next generation of black kids.

Also showing them something positive is good too.

On the side note in regards to movies/docs

Hidden Colors 4 is in the 10 slot on Amazon for all movies that has come out.

The power of the black dollar.

• white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? aint nothing wrong wit no damn slave movies, ? reminds these new we are the world ass ? that these crackers aint they friend and never will be

? 40 something years old still bragging about banging, like he been bout that life in atleast 20 years, snoop was at one time americas favorite ?
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They remade Roots. I bet we'll never see another Malcolm X in theatres
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Can we get a movie on Mansa Musa or King Tut with black people playing these roles.

A movie about sundiata, Akhenaten, or even nzingha would be goat man. These Caucs don't want to see us in power, even on a semihistorical basis smh

Cool but slave movies are great. White people keep forgetting why we are in ghettos and why we have a self destructive element. I want white people to see it took a nation of millions to hold us back.

Roots and these other slave movies ain't showing them that.
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Anyone going to see Free State of Jones?

Hell no
    Snoop could always take his money and hire a staff to make something different with blacks ...out wait. TOO MUCH LOGIC.

Wasn't that nikka Snoop in Soul Plane? I was embarrassed to be black when that was in theaters.
    [img]http://www.thelastdragontribute.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/? -Please-Shonuff-The-Last-Dragon-GIF.gif[/img]
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool on the slaves narratives, unless somebody does with Spielberg did with Schindler's List and and Saving Private Ryan and show slavery in all of it's barbarity and sexual depravity. I want them to show the racist, white supremacist slavers for brutal, sadistic, and sexual perverse individuals that they were.

Show them in all of their murderous brutality when they killed us with impunity. Show them engaging in their twisted sexual fetishes that not only involved them ? women, but men and children also. Show the slavery breeding farms that existed during antebellum slavery.

With all of that being said, on July 18th, 2018 there is a movie coming out that's going to show black people in position light and in positions of power, and as the kings and queens we so desire. It's

latest?cb=20141029105019

So all of y'all that's complaining about all of these slave narratives that are coming out, I fully expect y'all to support Black Panther wholeheartedly and see it multiple times.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting rid of slave movies is like telling.......

-White people to forget 9/11

-Jewish people to forget the Holocaust

-Native Americans to forget when Christopher Columbus hit Plymouth Rock

-Japanese people to forget Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Snoop talking out the side of his ass on this one.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.

Y'all don't see they low key rewrote that ? already and y'all readily accept whatever they throw at you as our history smmfh. Go ahead with that ? tho.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.

Yet we don't get 2 ? films about their ? every year. Like cmon. You ? really can't see the ruse?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool on the slaves narratives, unless somebody does with Spielberg did with Schindler's List and and Saving Private Ryan and show slavery in all of it's barbarity and sexual depravity. I want them to show the racist, white supremacist slavers for brutal, sadistic, and sexual perverse individuals that they were.

Show them in all of their murderous brutality when they killed us with impunity. Show them engaging in their twisted sexual fetishes that not only involved them ? women, but men and children also. Show the slavery breeding farms that existed during antebellum slavery.

With all of that being said, on July 18th, 2018 there is a movie coming out that's going to show black people in position light and in positions of power, and as the kings and queens we so desire. It's

latest?cb=20141029105019

So all of y'all that's complaining about all of these slave narratives that are coming out, I fully expect y'all to support Black Panther wholeheartedly and see it multiple times.

Bp is a super hero in a made up town lmaooo
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really think Snoop was saying that we don't need a 2 slavery movies/tv shows a year situation like what's happening right now. I totally agree with that. People only make slave ? because it's the easier path to getting awards. Let's be real. Just like how in the tv news business, stations cover the pain of people and get Emmy awards off that ? . More stories need to be told, the stories that have not been told yet.. Give me the slave movie and a movie about some ? like Black Walstreet or something.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 pages of yall debatin about what the ? snoop dogg thinks!!?

really!!?

SNOOP. DOGG?!
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new roots has actually been really good and if he wants better television then he needs to put his money where his mouth is and do it himself
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the first episode it was really good how they showed Kunta and his efforts to not become a slave. ? is tragic how the white man had many pitfalls for us to keep us enslaved. I couldnt take no more of it after he got his foot chopped off and then fast forwarded it in the future and next thing I hear is Kunta calling the white man ? ? was heart breaking how they made that man assimilate
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, He made a point.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDe0zdu92DU

He made a point, but I do wish they would make more movies (a lot more) about us being kings/queens instead of focusing on us being slaves and always taking a beating.....
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDe0zdu92DU

He made a point, but I do wish they would make more movies (a lot more) about us being kings/queens instead of focusing on us being slaves and always taking a beating.....

If they care so much about our history then why have they been silent about Hidden Colors? At the end of the day Roland Martin is just as big of a attention ? as Bill O'Reilly, he attacks Snoop because that will get him more views than if he praised Tariq Nasheed.

The difference is those people aren't relying on films to tell their story, to them it's just another tool to explain it. We need to ask why do we still need these movies, because it's starting to feel like the younger generation isn't being taught their history at home. Snoop didn't say we should forget our history, he's just saying our history is more than just being slaves and that needs to be shown. Where are the films about our Kings & Queens?