Official Childish Gambino aka Donald Glover - "Atlanta" Trailer - on Fx (Premieres 9.2016)

Options

Comments

• goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OmegaSataN wrote: »
    That Montague theme song is in my head now
    That last Chargers commercual6was hilarious
    Swisher Sweet Commercial lmao

Coconut Crunchos where do I start so many quotables

This is some Bullshittttttttttt
    ? I could be eating these kids but im eating cereal

Epically funny

That's a word?

Let me be great son
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll go on record and say this the funniest show on TV right now.
  • SUPREME SEVEN STAR
    SUPREME SEVEN STAR Members Posts: 60
    Options
    If this show was named anything other than ATLANTA it wouldn't have created a buzz!! Thats the only 'marketing' genius credit I would give Glover!! ? clearly used the bait and switch tactic with this ? !!

Foh bruh.

LYMP bruh.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Ep was alright

Yall would take a bullet over this ? though and be going out yall way too much to big this up

Maybe folks just like/get it more than u

That's cool but then somebody says anything they don't like it's "it's going over your head!!!"

Maybe they just don't enjoy it or think it's as funny as much as you. Works both ways
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mickey Comercial reminded me of the St Ides commercials back in the day.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »
    1-260-33QUEST guy is the sandwich man on episode 1. He said come down and eat nutella sandwiches and juice

Yeah I peeped that on rewatch too. Lovin the randomness, continuity.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the commercials had the big dude from jail in episode two. I think it was the Swisher's Sweet one.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    jniam wrote: »
    I got this episode and the satire it displayed (dodge cars, BET commercials, Don Lemon, Trans rights, Police brutality, swisher sweets etc) some definite funny lines from paper boy and all, but i do wish the story followed the Earn and Paperboy angle. i liked the show within the first 2-3 episodes a lot more, I'm not feeling this overly political stuff. i get there are issues and what not, but man those first 3 episodes were a breath of fresh air.

i think we need to develop Earn's and Paperboy's stories a bit more before branching out to more experimental episodes.

Still gonna stick with the show until the end of the season before I cast my final judgment.

I guess i've been spoiled by shows like house of cards, mad men, power etc. serious shows that usually follow a linear structure before going experimental.

30 min shows also tend to be less serious so there's that.

Gambino clearly doing this on purpose fam. He is intenially not focusing on the story. I'm assuming he wants to break the mold of what's "expected" in a TV subplot by keeping us guessing. Its similar to everyday life is how I'm taking it. Everything is unpredictable. I also think he is just trolling people just to past a message.

Btw this episode was hilarious and felt like something on Adult Swim lol

I get all that....but this is the same ? that the walking dead does and it ? me off...

And maybe that was the point but i really dont like being ? off or feel like im wasting my time while they could move forward the plot...

That being said i aint mad at it if its a one off thing...but if the show feels less urgent than ill feel less urgent to watch

It's called world building bro.

Once again.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep was alright

Yall would take a bullet over this ? though and be going out yall way too much to big this up

That's cool but then somebody says anything they don't like it's "it's going over your head!!!"

Maybe they just don't enjoy it or think it's as funny as much as you. Works both ways

Some of the reasoning folks give In here is its not enough strippers b, I think it's fair to assume those types ain't Even tryna get it.

If y'all not foolin with it cool but what's the point of telling us to like it less or not laugh as hard cuz y'all don't lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep was alright

Some of the reasoning folks give In here is its not enough strippers b, I think it's fair to assume those types ain't Even tryna get it.

If y'all not foolin with it cool but what's the point of telling us to like it less or not laugh as hard cuz y'all don't lol

Who's y'all
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    ''I'm a 35 year old white man''

pinocchio-gif.gif

I loved how he thinks he's a 35 year old white man that can't tolerate others why? Because he's a 35 year old white man.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This episode was brilliant satire all across the board. On some Fear of a Black Hat type ? . More so called sitcoms need to study this ? and what Always Sunny does every year. Name me 2 live action sitcoms doing it better? FX does it again.

So ironic that the same umbrella that Fox News is under always produced some of the most relevant sitcoms of their time many with black casts on FX and Fox.

• Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatchu mean? What does Its Always Sunny do too?
  • Broddie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Whatchu mean? What does Its Always Sunny do too?

Relevant satire on top of irreverent humor and quick wit.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see Swisher actually selling pre dumped blunts. All the rillo companies would save so much money.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

I knew this was about to be some ? when I heard Cree Summer voice lol

Did y'all peep in the previous episode when Paper Boi is on the phone with Vanessa you can hear the Crunchos commercial on the tv in the background.