Official Childish Gambino aka Donald Glover - "Atlanta" Trailer - on Fx (Premieres 9.2016)

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I can see Swisher actually selling pre dumped blunts. All the rillo companies would save so much money.

? might as well, they already sell the pre split cigarillos lol
    bacmango-2.gif
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    jniam wrote: »
    I got this episode and the satire it displayed (dodge cars, BET commercials, Don Lemon, Trans rights, Police brutality, swisher sweets etc) some definite funny lines from paper boy and all, but i do wish the story followed the Earn and Paperboy angle. i liked the show within the first 2-3 episodes a lot more, I'm not feeling this overly political stuff. i get there are issues and what not, but man those first 3 episodes were a breath of fresh air.

i think we need to develop Earn's and Paperboy's stories a bit more before branching out to more experimental episodes.

Still gonna stick with the show until the end of the season before I cast my final judgment.

I guess i've been spoiled by shows like house of cards, mad men, power etc. serious shows that usually follow a linear structure before going experimental.

30 min shows also tend to be less serious so there's that.

Gambino clearly doing this on purpose fam. He is intenially not focusing on the story. I'm assuming he wants to break the mold of what's "expected" in a TV subplot by keeping us guessing. Its similar to everyday life is how I'm taking it. Everything is unpredictable. I also think he is just trolling people just to past a message.

Btw this episode was hilarious and felt like something on Adult Swim lol

I get all that....but this is the same ? that the walking dead does and it ? me off...

And maybe that was the point but i really dont like being ? off or feel like im wasting my time while they could move forward the plot...

That being said i aint mad at it if its a one off thing...but if the show feels less urgent than ill feel less urgent to watch

It's called world building bro.

Exactly....Glover been around Dan Harmon...hes world building and showing details and backgrounds of certain characters
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I can see Swisher actually selling pre dumped blunts. All the rillo companies would save so much money.

? might as well, they already sell the pre split cigarillos lol
    bacmango-2.gif

Lol. Hell na, wet mango tho
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ that transracial ?

remind me of @Supermanuel for some reason
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought about it. Donald threw a variety show episode into the mix. That ? was genius. But yeah Darius episode should be next.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    im sure they did thousands of outtakes during that head nodding scene

Real tears bruh. That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paperboy was flaming the ? outta ol boy too
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Whatchu mean? What does Its Always Sunny do too?

Relevant satire on top of irreverent humor and quick wit.

Gotcha
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    I'll go on record and say this the funniest show on TV right now.

Facts. Did fx pickup the second season?
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    I'll go on record and say this the funniest show on TV right now.

Facts. Did fx pickup the second season?

Indeed
  • SUPREME SEVEN STAR
    SUPREME SEVEN STAR Members Posts: 60
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Ep was alright

Yall would take a bullet over this ? though and be going out yall way too much to big this up

Maybe folks just like/get it more than u

That's cool but then somebody says anything they don't like it's "it's going over your head!!!"

Maybe they just don't enjoy it or think it's as funny as much as you. Works both ways

Some of the reasoning folks give In here is its not enough strippers b, I think it's fair to assume those types ain't Even tryna get it.

If y'all not foolin with it cool but what's the point of telling us to like it less or not laugh as hard cuz y'all don't lol

Who's y'all

He/she meant me with the stripper remark but I guess too scared to @ me but its cool.....its done like this

@Peezy_Jenkins I never said it wasn't ENOUGH strippers, I said it was't a true representation of an upcoming Atlanta hip hop artist who has the hottest record on the streets to not have a scene or performance at a strip club!!!!! That's the initial description of the show on what its based on but has since gone left with the storyline and episodes!!!!!

• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep was alright

Yall would take a bullet over this ? though and be going out yall way too much to big this up

That's cool but then somebody says anything they don't like it's "it's going over your head!!!"

Maybe they just don't enjoy it or think it's as funny as much as you. Works both ways

Some of the reasoning folks give In here is its not enough strippers b, I think it's fair to assume those types ain't Even tryna get it.

If y'all not foolin with it cool but what's the point of telling us to like it less or not laugh as hard cuz y'all don't lol

Who's y'all

He/she meant me with the stripper remark but I guess too scared to @ me but its cool.....its done like this

@Peezy_Jenkins I never said it wasn't ENOUGH strippers, I said it was't a true representation of an upcoming Atlanta hip hop artist who has the hottest record on the streets to not have a scene or performance at a strip club!!!!! That's the initial description of the show on what its based on but has since gone left with the storyline and episodes!!!!!

Foh ? .
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    ''I'm a 35 year old white man''

pinocchio-gif.gif

Did any of y'all catch that the transracial dude is actually a teenager? Lol that was one of the 1st things they said
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, this is what I really needed
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Earn should've ate the sandwich. His life might've changed.
    Only partially though, my mans didn't offer juice.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    ''I'm a 35 year old white man''

pinocchio-gif.gif

Did any of y'all catch that the transracial dude is actually a teenager? Lol that was one of the 1st things they said

Yea cuz his momma was like all he does is go to school lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Transracial dude a instagram comedian he the one who do those videos where he chunk the dueces and then fade away when ? gets real

Oh really?!
  • SUPREME SEVEN STAR
    SUPREME SEVEN STAR Members Posts: 60
    Options
    Ep was alright

Who's y'all

Foh ? .

Like I stated before.... LYMP ? !!!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep was alright

Who's y'all

Foh ? .

Like I stated before.... LYMP ? !!!!

? is that an acronym? Break it down for the uninitiated.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lil ? went to my high school

PG county ? stay being excellent
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Transracial dude a instagram comedian he the one who do those videos where he chunk the dueces and then fade away when ? gets real

Oh really?!

[img][/img]14617948.jpg

Sarcasm but thanks