The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I gotta go to Church on Sunday and pray for everlasting health for my Knicks.. If we can stay healthy we should be in the mix in the East..

The knee collector is lurking in the shadows.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well if you want to make things simple if he goes to any of the other teams instead of the defensive focus being on 2 players like okc knicks it could be 4 definitely 3 and he may or may not draw the other team best defender
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Within a piece on Kevin Durant‘s free agency, Royce Young of ESPN.com passes along a handful of interesting tidbits, writing that Durant has privately “raved to friends” about newly-acquired Thunder guard Vincent Oladipo.

Doubt durant leaves.The other options aren't gonna provide what okc can

C's have no star or elite players,Clippers capped out,Heat lol,Warriors will have to lose depth(barnes,ezeli,bogut or iggodoula) to sign durant,Spurs will have to lose depth to sign durant.

Negative @ bold.
    You don't NOT go to GS/sign KD
    bc 'oh no we'd lose Mo Speights, Ezeli, and Bogut' . Please

The thunder are deep as is,he doesn't need to leave his team and go to teams that will lose pieces just to sign him.That's the point you litigating geek

? 'pieces'. Pieces don't win titles. Miami won a title with Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers rounding out their 5.

And if u wanna get technical Klay Thompson is a "piece". Draymond is a "piece ".

Period point blank, if KD dont give a ? about "legacy" and the perception of riding Curry, and ring chasing etc--- all the off court stuff- --GS with KD is better than okc with KD, ON the court[/b]. Whether they have those easily replaceable pieces or not.

The same thunder that had them down 3-1 and had the warriors soul searching before klay had an epic game 6 and okc went full ? the last 3 games? You act like this the grizzlies or somethin.I'm not doing this night court ? we'll agree to disagree

Look I know yall love this ? but somebody else need to say something :joy: So bc its ya mans yall gon just chill and let this fly?

So current OKC is better than GS with Durant would be? Is this what we doin? Lls

2qk1dgh.gif

This is you right now,hemmed up wit facts and you still trying to make moves and you aint goin nowhere

"bu bu but forget depth you can find role players anywhere and cheap 5's" man shut up

If durant goes to the warriors they will NOT be a better deeper team than he has now.

???? The hell are u talkin about

Gs Durant > OKC Durant

I dont need random white guy "insider" tweets to validate that
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Especially if durant signed a long term contract then they have to resign curry next summer

Curry and durant would hypothetically be taking up 55-60% of the cap ? add green and klay and that's damn near the whole cap on 4 players man sit yo ass down
  • S2J
    Options
    ????? You're speaking as if their not the first non-OKC team on HIS own list.

Also, they said the same thing about Bron and Bosh to Miami and Bron and Love to Cleveland.

Bottom line, your level of emotion is not going to win whatever argument you're making. The KD-GS threat is real and the rewards far, FAR outweigh the risks.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's so special about courtney Lee teams want him so bad I don't get it
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall never posted the full vid of that bulls/rose/butler ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjYso2Kjsg

article on the teams own website demeaning butler?

"it had to be one of us" ?? smfh

remind me why Tmac didnt stay in Toronto

why he asking him why both of them couldnt play together
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyler Johnson could get $10 mil man wtf
  • Beta
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

I haven't heard any FA be linked to the Lakers except batum..who are y'all gonna sign?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Smh there's gonna be a lot of complaining over the weekend from us fans
  • Beta
    Options
    Heard pelicans got strong interest in him too
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

don't seem like OKC that confident , they want 2 meetings
  • Beta
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Smh there's gonna be a lot of complaining over the weekend from us fans

Yeah..complaining about bosh's contract
  • S2J
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

don't seem like OKC that confident , they want 2 meetings

Didn't Miami or Cleveland want a final meeting w/ Bron?

This ? out bruh :joy:
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hawks stay losing players lol

All of them ? ass ? can go. Give me 6 D-league players and 6 foreigners. Anything is better.

Destroy and rebuild. This 2nd round ? ? me off
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Don’t stress too hard, Thunder fans. Yes, Durant, 27, is the star of this year’s NBA free agency reality show. But barring an incredible sales job, several friends and business colleagues close to the 2014 NBA MVP expect him to return to Oklahoma City for at least another year.

“His decision is 90 percent made. It would take an amazing sales pitch to change it,” said one of Durant’s longtime friends.

Durant is gonna sign a 2 year deal wit okc with an opt out.But keep tryin to will him elsewhere.Can't use logic wit dumb ? it's just won't resonate

Depending on what happens next season then next summer free agency is a different story
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    bb bu bbbut Durant is leaving, he's going to the Lake.... wait no, he's going home so he's going to the Wiz.... wait nope Hou... ahhh the Warri.... (btw none of those teams except GS are getting meetings LOL)

shouldnt you armchair ? Hinkie GM's just ? by now? KD is staying, he aint going anywhere. Deal with it...
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing about Golden State getting KD and having to resign their players is, they have the bird rights to Curry, Klay and Draymond. They can sign a whole new bench, and then go over the cap to get these guys back for 4/5 years.

They're in win now mode and all of these guys are at a good age where by the time the contract is up they should have at least 3 more rings.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's what he should look at if he considers GS. It also helps with dismantling a big threat in the West, which only leaves Spurs.

He needs to figure out what Westbrook is doing. That's why he should get the 1+1 player option. They may have to wait another year before they get into the finals but their team will be stacked if they both stay and sign some good bench players.

Meanwhile, Golden State has only showed an upward trend of growth over the last few years. And I only expect Curry to get better this off season.

KD has a hard choice to make.