The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like we're trying to bring back DMo and letting Terrance Jones walk, hopefully we figure out a way to get rid of Corey Brewers contract next

Word yall letting terrace walk? I think he's a talented player yall failed that ? gushing over james harden kid is multi talented

Wasnt the Rockets fault hes been regressing, dude cant stay healthy, cant rebound, cant defend and his offense comes and goes.....trust me he had several opportunities to solidify himself here
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Durant fits in in GS
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Paprika wrote: »
    The thing about Golden State getting KD and having to resign their players is, they have the bird rights to Curry, Klay and Draymond. They can sign a whole new bench, and then go over the cap to get these guys back for 4/5 years.

They're in win now mode and all of these guys are at a good age where by the time the contract is up they should have at least 3 more rings.

That's not how it works.

The warriors currently are capped out,in order to create cap space this summer to sign durant they would have to non tender barnes,ezeli making them unsrestricted fa's and then renounce the rights to every free agent on the roster which loses their bird rights in case they were gonna be resigned (speights,barbosa) etc cuz they have cap holds.THEN they would have 15 mil in cap space (cuz they still have jason thompson dead money on the books)after losing all of those players which aint enough you need at least 25-30 to sign durant unless he willingly takes a pay cut and with role players about to be getting 16-20 mil a year durant aint getting paid role player dough.Then they would have to trade bogut or igoudoula and have 26 mil in cap space to sign durant.So basically the warriors would be durant,klay,draymond,curry,livingston,igoudoula/bogut,? ,whoever they drafted this year and you have to use the mid level and vet min deals to get a 5 and a bench.That hypothetical team would not be better than the thunder with durant which is what I been saying

Do research doggie you have no clue what you're talking about.Not surprised who cosigned this ? post either

You're mixing in the facts--- GS would be the big 4 + Livingston, Iggy, the Vandy Center, +cheap labor- --with your opinion: that squad isn't better than OKC. Then callin yourself knowledgeable when ? dont agree with the opinion part.

Again, Im taking Curry, Durant, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, Livingston, rook, and scraps over ANY team in the league. ANY. Cavs, SA, OKC, whoever whenever 365/24/7.

There's only one basketball bruh. Ain't gonna be enough shots to go around without one of them ? feeling out of place. Most likely Klay would be the one.

They said this with Bron and the Heat.

Also GS players been recruiting KD all year

Also allb3 players oddly enough score as quickly and efficiently as any in he league

Also Curry went from 22ppg to 30ppg. He could go back to 23 ish. KD obviously done scored his whole career, he can' settle' for 23ish. Klay can settle. 17, 18 ish. Where he gon go? He fon demand a trade? No Lol

Agree to disagree, but im thoroughly confused at the resistance to what that squad would be
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm shocked Whiteside isn't even giving the Lakers a chance.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

ESPN throwing clues he's staying in OKC for the money. Homie gotta free them wings.

? playing for money moreover building a legacy making the NBA drowsy as ? .

UHHHHHH ? you act like he staying on a team that isn't a contender

OKC aint gonna do ? . These ? stay coming in second in the west. 2nd place isnt ? when the trophy is raised. Ask the Utah Jazz of the mid 90's. Playing with RW has hindered KD as well. Word to James Harden. KD needs to be the leader of that team. RW wont let that happen. Its been too many games where Westbrook starts ball hogging instead of dishing it out causing the Thunder to leave. Westbrook can ball his ass off, but his ego is a caner to the Thunder.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    The thing about Golden State getting KD and having to resign their players is, they have the bird rights to Curry, Klay and Draymond. They can sign a whole new bench, and then go over the cap to get these guys back for 4/5 years.

They're in win now mode and all of these guys are at a good age where by the time the contract is up they should have at least 3 more rings.

That's not how it works.

The warriors currently are capped out,in order to create cap space this summer to sign durant they would have to non tender barnes,ezeli making them unsrestricted fa's and then renounce the rights to every free agent on the roster which loses their bird rights in case they were gonna be resigned (speights,barbosa) etc cuz they have cap holds.THEN they would have 15 mil in cap space (cuz they still have jason thompson dead money on the books)after losing all of those players which aint enough you need at least 25-30 to sign durant unless he willingly takes a pay cut and with role players about to be getting 16-20 mil a year durant aint getting paid role player dough.Then they would have to trade bogut or igoudoula and have 26 mil in cap space to sign durant.So basically the warriors would be durant,klay,draymond,curry,livingston,igoudoula/bogut,? ,whoever they drafted this year and you have to use the mid level and vet min deals to get a 5 and a bench.That hypothetical team would not be better than the thunder with durant which is what I been saying

Do research doggie you have no clue what you're talking about.Not surprised who cosigned this ? post either

You're mixing in the facts--- GS would be the big 4 + Livingston, Iggy, the Vandy Center, +cheap labor- --with your opinion: that squad isn't better than OKC. Then callin yourself knowledgeable when ? dont agree with the opinion part.

Again, Im taking Curry, Durant, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, Livingston, rook, and scraps over ANY team in the league. ANY. Cavs, SA, OKC, whoever whenever 365/24/7.

There's only one basketball bruh. Ain't gonna be enough shots to go around without one of them ? feeling out of place. Most likely Klay would be the one.

They said this with Bron and the Heat.

Also GS players been recruiting KD all year

Also allb3 players oddly enough score as quickly and efficiently as any in he league

Also Curry went from 22ppg to 30ppg. He could go back to 23 ish. KD obviously done scored his whole career, he can' settle' for 23ish. Klay can settle. 17, 18 ish. Where he gon go? He fon demand a trade? No Lol

Agree to disagree, but im thoroughly confused at the resistance to what that squad would be

And what did we see emerge with the Heat? It became Bron and Dwade averaging like 18 shots a game, and Bosh only like 13-14 shots per game.

On GS you got Klay taking 17 per game, Steph taking 20 per game.Green taking 10.... KD taking 20 per game. You got 4 players that need the ball to affect the game, somebody gonna be the odd man out.
  • S2J
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Warriors need to address rebounding not scoring they lost the finals and almost lost to the thunder cuz they struggle to rebound

1, but... they didn't

2, GS almost lost to OKC bc of rebounding, but they actually lost the finals bc their current starting SF went 0 for 2016. Made them guardable

3, If KD leaves okc...Pretty sure GS wont have to wory about OKC's rebounding

4, Adding a OJ Mayo is addressing scoring. Addign a Jeremy Lin is addressing scoring. Adding Kevin Durant is not simply "addressing scoring "
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

He didn't even play last year like that and you was still on the bench @Tommy bilfiger yeah ? you was right he is bynum 2.0 smfh

How you want the heat to get rid of a veteran who's better than you? For. ? that's been hot for lil bit and you was still put on the bench after he left

Smh and the ? compliments your game what the ?

Then this ? going to sign to the mavs with another hof face up pf yo wtf this ? is a ? head I hope the knicks don't ? with him
  • S2J
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Its a new day. The early reports of these projected salaries:

Derozan 5yrs, 161mill Tor
    Conley, 5rs, 125mill, Memphis
    Batum, 5rs , 120mil, Cha
    Horford, 4 yrs, 120 mill
    Parsons, 4yrs, 100mill
    Dwight, 3yrs, 75mill
  • Beta
    Options

He didn't even play last year like that and you was still on the bench @Tommy bilfiger yeah ? you was right he is bynum 2.0 smfh

How you want the heat to get rid of a veteran who's better than you? For. ? that's been hot for lil bit and you was still put on the bench after he left

Then this ? going to sign to the mavs with another hof face up pf yo wtf this ? is a ? head I hope the knicks don't ? with him

Just say you don't know what you talking about instead....bosh DID hold him back

The team's and Whiteside's performance improved dramatically after bosh went down for a reason
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

so the "narrative" that Bean was the reason for no free agents signing was B.S...hmmm look at that
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we all not sleeping tonight?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    So we all not sleeping tonight?

Im off until Tuesday so Ill probably be up for awhile tonight lol
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

Just say you don't know what you talking about instead....bosh DID hold him back

The team's and Whiteside's performance improved dramatically after bosh went down for a reason

Yall aquired alot of new faces in the off season 2 new rookies deng stat etc, him going down doesn't make your team better thats just one less piece you have to figure out to make everybody gel it's like a placebo effect no team gets better after a player like bosh leaves your coach didnt figure a way out for them to gel

That ? doesn't make any sense at all bosh is a spot up shooter that stretches the floor whiteside explain this ? to me because I ain't getting it yall definitely missed his offense in the playoffs yall would of beat the raptors 4-2 with bosh

• Beta
    Options
    My fault that dude ain't ? ..I'll delete that
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    BDBIID wrote: »

so the "narrative" that Bean was the reason for no free agents signing was B.S...hmmm look at that

He was part of it the lakers are a trash org now but if you think ? wanted to play with a over the hill volume shooter u buggin
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all watching Believeland they said they got a alternative ending this time wondering what it's going to be.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I didn't watch the heat as much as I wanted to seriously explain this to me because every team he goes to is going to match him up with a stretch 4
  • Beta
    Options

Yall aquired alot of new faces in the off season 2 new rookies deng stat etc, him going down doesn't make your team better thats just one less piece you have to figure out to make everybody gel it's like a placebo effect no team gets better after a player like bosh leaves your coach didnt figure a way out for them to gel

That ? doesn't make any sense at all bosh is a spot up shooter that stretches the floor whiteside explain this ? to me because I ain't getting it yall definitely missed his offense in the playoffs yall would of beat the raptors 4-2 with bosh

Bro trust me on this...nobody benefitted more after bosh went down than Whiteside..except maybe deng

Team was consistently putting up 100+ points after that. Defense got worse though
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Y'all watching Believeland they said they got a alternative ending this time wondering what it's going to be.

You joking right
  • Beta
    Options

Wouldn't it just be finals and possibly maybe parade footage?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was telling my ? a while back besides okc n Washington, Portland would make most sense for kd, not that he'd go but

leaving OKC for Washington or Portland would make zero ? sense... and obviously, Durant agrees because neither of these teams were granted meetings.

B4 that trade it wouldn't have been that bad of an idea