Miami Police Shoot Caretaker of Autistic Man...Caught On Video

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy

A man is in good condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital after he was shot by a North Miami police officer this week, a hospital representative said.

Police said they were initially called to the area of Northeast 14th Avenue and Northeast 127th Street Monday after they received a call about an armed man threatening suicide.

More News Headlines
North Miami police ask for witnesses to come forward after…
1 injured in North Miami police-involved shooting
An employee of an assisted living facility, identified as Charles Kinsey, was shot by an officer while walking with a 23-year-old man with autism, police said.

According to North Miami police spokeswoman Natalie Buissereth, officers "attempted to negotiate" with the men and Kinsey was eventually shot.

Police have not said why the officer shot Kinsey.

"It was scary at first when I first heard about it. I was hysterical, but right now he is doing good," Kinsey's ex-wife, Lashawn Young, said.

Clint Bower, who runs the group home, told Local 10 News that Kinsey was shot three times in the leg and that the man he was caring for is non-verbal and has "relatively low function."

"Very shocked, because you hear it, like the police incidents all the time and you never think it is going to be a part of your family," Young said. "I feel like they just pull out their weapons and just shoot for no apparent reason."

Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, told Local 10 News that the officer gave no reason for the shooting.

"My client asked the police, 'Why did he shoot me?' And the officer said, 'I don't know,'" Napoleon said.

Kinsey's lawyer said his client did everything police asked of him, yet they still fired at him.

"He threw his hands in the air as high as he possibly could and he told them, 'There is no need for that. Nobody has a gun. I am a behavioral therapist and I am trying to help this guy,'" Napoleon said.

Police said the autistic man had something in his hand, but Kinsey's lawyer said it was a toy fire truck and could not be mistaken for a gun.

"It is not silver. It is not shiny. It is not black. It doesn't look like a gun," Napoleon said. "In fact, you can see the autistic guy playing with it."

Meanwhile, Kinsey's family said they just want to see the officer punished.

The officer involved in the shooting has been placed on administrative leave as is department policy.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is assisting in the investigation.

Comments

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the Fla for ya tho

That ? happens all the time, it doesn't even surprise nobody no mo
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    "its our fault guys we need to start voting for our sherriffs and maybe this will stop happening."
    -random ? ?

So who gonna fire him the white police chief or sheriff who u didn't vote for. Or the city council wich hires the police chiefm
    interested in what the alternative u suggest is cause alot of people before u were born figured out that with out black people or people sympathetic to ur cause as mayor or city council or sheriff it gets worse. Yes ? worde than this.
    A minority has never changed policy by killing lots of white people..... I'll wait for ur example that proves me wrong.

Let's all ride on the police cause that will make them stop killing us-random dumb ?
  • lordhonka2
    Options
    "its our fault guys we need to start voting for our sherriffs and maybe this will stop happening."
    -random ? ?

"See the problem is you ? don't understand how government works"

What u think will stop this
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    All jokes aside, we gon act like being involved in the political process ALONG with doing the other ? (protesting/rallying/marching, practicing self defense, circulating the black dollar, etc) wouldn't help? I swear yall act like ? is saying go vote and do nothing else.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    What's the solution for things like this? I know. Let's sing ? spirituals. a 1 a 2 a 1234, we shall overcomeeeee we shall overcome someeeee dayyyyy

Have to get full context, but the solution is getting a proper, unified movement that is active for ALL cases like this. We can emphasize the black cases when need be, to speak up for our people, white people for their people, latinos for their people, or anyone for anyone because justice.

BLM currently cant unify the way we need it to, and it needs a true, non bias leader, with better, ascertainable goals, who is in search of justice, not just feelings.

This cop will get fired, and go to jail, but enough is enough with the trigger happy ? . It has been for decades.

For all my people out there, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, invest in a body cam yourself. You can buy these as citizens, and pop them on your shirt. It will help ensure that any improper police interaction is recorded start to finish.

With a phone you have to reach for it, and they will shoot you for doing that. Or they might mistake the phone already in your hand for a gun, and shoot you. With a personal body cam, you can just walk out, hit record, and keep it moving.

Also invest in maybe pen audio recorders, or other recorders outside of your phone. Redundancies is the key word. It sucks we have to leave the house like that, but id rather leave the house like that until i get to my destination, then get shot, and lied on because there is no evidence to the contrary.

• lordhonka2
    edited July 2016
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    -random ? ?

So who gonna fire him the white police chief or sheriff who u didn't vote for. Or the city council wich hires the police chiefm
    interested in what the alternative u suggest is cause alot of people before u were born figured out that with out black people or people sympathetic to ur cause as mayor or city council or sheriff it gets worse. Yes ? worde than this.
    A minority has never changed policy by killing lots of white people..... I'll wait for ur example that proves me wrong.

Let's all ride on the police cause that will make them stop killing us-random dumb ?

its a process my simple ass don't understand

I fixed that for u ^^^^^^^^;;

See.... wow
    See ...... Damn ...... I ? I came in this ? to lurk ended up having a convo with a dumb ? .

*talking to self* he a dumb ? but the world need his kind too.

? ain't offer no solution got non plan seen some Malcolm quotes now he ready for revolution.
    I.... wow

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least he shot him in the leg
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -random ? ?

See.... wow
    See ...... Damn ...... I ? I came in in this ? to lurk ended up having a convo with a dumb ? .

? ain't offer no solution got non plan seen some Malcolm quotes now he ready for revolution.
    I.... wow

? so quick to jump on that sword for ? he just blurting out anything

Bunch of non coherent rambling and dots, eat a ?
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    What's the solution for things like this? I know. Let's sing ? spirituals. a 1 a 2 a 1234, we shall overcomeeeee we shall overcome someeeee dayyyyy

Have to get full context, but the solution is getting a proper, unified movement that is active for ALL cases like this. We can emphasize the black cases when need be, to speak up for our people, white people for their people, latinos for their people, or anyone for anyone because justice.

BLM currently cant unify the way we need it to, and it needs a true, non bias leader, with better, ascertainable goals, who is in search of justice, not just feelings.

This cop will get fired, and go to jail, but enough is enough with the trigger happy ? . It has been for decades.

For all my people out there, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, invest in a body cam yourself. You can buy these as citizens, and pop them on your shirt. It will help ensure that any improper police interaction is recorded start to finish.

With a phone you have to reach for it, and they will shoot you for doing that. Or they might mistake the phone already in your hand for a gun, and shoot you. With a personal body cam, you can just walk out, hit record, and keep it moving.

Also invest in maybe pen audio recorders, or other recorders outside of your phone. Redundancies is the key word. It sucks we have to leave the house like that, but id rather leave the house like that until i get to my destination, then get shot, and lied on because there is no evidence to the contrary.

I have been looking into that but my fear is that if something foul ever happened to me then my camera would "disappear" or got damaged while I was "resisting arrest" it would need to live stream or auto record to a cloud service of some type
  • lordhonka2
    Options
    -random ? ?

See.... wow
    See ...... Damn ...... I ? I came in in this ? to lurk ended up having a convo with a dumb ? .

I.... wow

Voting is jumping on the sword for ?

U can't read and u ugly.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -random ? ?

See.... wow

I.... wow

Voting is jumping on the sword for ?

U can't read and u ugly.

Sure is, ain't none of them jumping on a sword for your ? ass boy

And i could ? any ? you with or are related to within 48 hours of meeting them, sit down and hush up
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -random ? ?

Where were u when the blk d.a was for, letting akai Gurley killer go free
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    -random ? ?

"See the problem is you ? don't understand how government works"

What u think will stop this

Revolution, clearly!

..........started by someone else, because they'd rather chill at home with their PS4 and weed.

these ? is great at playing Che Guevara on a message board, not so much on GOING OUTSIDE.
  • lordhonka2
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    -random ? ?

Where were u when the blk d.a was for, letting akai Gurley killer go free

D.a.'s are appointed by gov.or attorney generals
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    Vellum wrote: »

I have been looking into that but my fear is that if something foul ever happened to me then my camera would "disappear" or got damaged while I was "resisting arrest" it would need to live stream or auto record to a cloud service of some type

I understand. The phone is great because you can record to the cloud live, so even if they destroy your phone, the evidence is still there.

Dont mind me, im paranoid. Im like, i want the phone apps, the pen audio recorder, and the body cam. One of these ? are going to get what i need. lol