Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Trailer Released

Options

Comments

• ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Platinum this few days ago. Best ff imo since 7, but the story at the end seems kind of rushed. Love the battle system. Cant wait for the remake wirh the new battle system.That final battle on some matrix ? and was on point.

Maxed at 99 with all quests done cept for dave and the demon wall hunt. That last fishing quest when you gotta catch a 200lb fish is real. Still have to catch the legend in vesperas. Bout to do the hidden dungeon with no enemies. Heard it's brutal lol.

Still feel like there's lot more to do because u haven't even hit the secret locked doors in the dungeons. @145 hrs atm.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    In the final chapter you gain a way to return to the open world.

Don't read the spoiler if you don't want to know
    the world is in ruin after chapter 13 ends, Noct makes his way back to the main world and eventually finds Umbra. In the last couple of areas and at all rest areas, Umbra has an ability to let you "remember" the past. That's how you explore the open world again

I meant which one is the last chapter you can open world before it becomes linear. I keep hearing like chapter 12 or 13 turns the game linear again.
  • ethos
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In the final chapter you gain a way to return to the open world.

Don't read the spoiler if you don't want to know
    the world is in ruin after chapter 13 ends, Noct makes his way back to the main world and eventually finds Umbra. In the last couple of areas and at all rest areas, Umbra has an ability to let you "remember" the past. That's how you explore the open world again

I meant which one is the last chapter you can open world before it becomes linear. I keep hearing like chapter 12 or 13 turns the game linear again.

It's only linear for a short while I think it's 13 then you get umbra to go back if you want. I just finished it said ? it will watch the other ? on YouTube or maybe they might have a new game +
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't be afraid to complete the game without exploring the open world as much as you want. You really can go back and go anything in the open world and even new things are opened up to you.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sooooo
    After reading all your posts i will buy it for half.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been working long hours that last week and a half. On chapter 10.
    That Luna ? had me in my feels. I know she ain't dead tho
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't be afraid to complete the game without exploring the open world as much as you want. You really can go back and go anything in the open world and even new things are opened up to you.

I've decided I'm going to create a save spot and continue and try chap 13 in all its bad stuff then go back to open world and get my Ultima weapon and complete dungeons and all those locked doors I couldn't get through. Once patch come out I will play the old save I have and see what changed.

I wonder how they will incorporate new cut scenes and dlc stuff into the game. Like it will just be a continuing story for a few years until the next game comes out?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    And I did reading on the summons. Apparently they all have their own ways to be able to be summoned. Titan can only be summoned in that open area the disc is at, and nocit's has to be low health for a certain amount of time before the summon will get prompted.

Ramuh prompts when all the party member are low health for certain amount of time

Can't remeber the reasons for leviathan and shiva
  • major pain
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

I've decided I'm going to create a save spot and continue and try chap 13 in all its bad stuff then go back to open world and get my Ultima weapon and complete dungeons and all those locked doors I couldn't get through. Once patch come out I will play the old save I have and see what changed.

I wonder how they will incorporate new cut scenes and dlc stuff into the game. Like it will just be a continuing story for a few years until the next game comes out?

You can only open the locked dungeons post main story.

The real challenges in this game are all after finishing the main quest.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

You can only open the locked dungeons post main story.

The real challenges in this game are all after finishing the main quest.

Oh that's dope. I'm gonna finish this ? up then!
  • ethos
    Options
    That secret dungeon is no ? joke. Still ain't beat it probably spent like 5 to 6 hrs in. So tempted to look on YouTube to figure it out but holding out. ? is the hardest thing I encountered in the game and there are no enemies! !
  • major pain
    Options
    ethos wrote: »
    That secret dungeon is no ? joke. Still ain't beat it probably spent like 5 to 6 hrs in. So tempted to look on YouTube to figure it out but holding out. ? is the hardest thing I encountered in the game and there are no enemies! !

Word. I said the same thing. I'm glad I'm done with that ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Huh?

Man one thing that trips me out about this game is how battles can go south real fast. I was playing last night and fighting a group of those big buffalo things. Now they aren't that hard, but they have a lot of life and there were a lot of them. So I'm handling them, and all of a sudden some wolves run up in the fight. I didn't think much of it, the battle must have just moved in to their aggro zone. That happens sometimes. They aren't hard though so I just keep up the fight. Then out of nowhere one of those empire ships landed and one of the big mechs and 4 or 5 soldiers get off. So now, I'm like "Ok, ya'll trippin now." I keep up the fight and with all those damn people ? was taking a long time, and it was dusk when I started it. So you know what that means. Night falls in the middle of the fight and like five minutes after it did, ? bombs and TWO iron giants spawn right on the battle ground. I managed to ? many of the enemies, but now I'm still up againsts about 4 bison, 3 wolves, 3 soldiers, the battle mech, 4 bombs, and 2 iron giants. I had to tuck tail and run like a ? and before I could even run away fully Ignis, Prompto, and Gladio got merked.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    just finished chapter 11

bruh
  • major pain
    Options

Huh?

Man one thing that trips me out about this game is how battles can go south real fast. I was playing last night and fighting a group of those big buffalo things. Now they aren't that hard, but they have a lot of life and there were a lot of them. So I'm handling them, and all of a sudden some wolves run up in the fight. I didn't think much of it, the battle must have just moved in to their aggro zone. That happens sometimes. They aren't hard though so I just keep up the fight. Then out of nowhere one of those empire ships landed and one of the big mechs and 4 or 5 soldiers get off. So now, I'm like "Ok, ya'll trippin now." I keep up the fight and with all those damn people ? was taking a long time, and it was dusk when I started it. So you know what that means. Night falls in the middle of the fight and like five minutes after it did, ? bombs and TWO iron giants spawn right on the battle ground. I managed to ? many of the enemies, but now I'm still up againsts about 4 bison, 3 wolves, 3 soldiers, the battle mech, 4 bombs, and 2 iron giants. I had to tuck tail and run like a ? and before I could even run away fully Ignis, Prompto, and Gladio got merked.

The dungeon is a series of platforming and puzzles. You cannot die but falls and other objects will result in Noct being reset (usually in the same area).

It is not simple by any measure and most people that attempt without some sort of guide will likely quit it.

Rotating platforms, disorienting camera angles, and even a 2-D section make this dungeon ridiculous.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Huh?

The dungeon is a series of platforming and puzzles. You cannot die but falls and other objects will result in Noct being reset (usually in the same area).

It is not simple by any measure and most people that attempt without some sort of guide will likely quit it.

Rotating platforms, disorienting camera angles, and even a 2-D section make this dungeon ridiculous.

lol That ? sounds random as hell.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    FF has always had atleast a portion of the game that has puzzles and ? like that. The secret dungeon is probably an homage to that, or FF15's version of the puzzles and all that good stuff. Glad it wasnt a huge part of the story or anything like it was in passed FF's lol.
  • major pain
    Options
    FF has always had atleast a portion of the game that has puzzles and ? like that. The secret dungeon is probably an homage to that, or FF15's version of the puzzles and all that good stuff. Glad it wasnt a huge part of the story or anything like it was in passed FF's lol.

I dunno.. this is pretty unique in my opinion. Check out the YouTube videos.. there isn't much to spoil.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

My memory might be fading, but puzzles were never really that big in FF series. There were some, but they weren't anything too crazy. And platforming certainly wasn't a thing before this game.
  • major pain
    Options

My memory might be fading, but puzzles were never really that big in FF series. There were some, but they weren't anything too crazy. And platforming certainly wasn't a thing before this game.

Real spit this is like some ? I would expected in an Uncharted game.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    im going to be the one to say it?

? that Ravus battle
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2016
    Options

They weren't BIG but they were a part of it. I could swear the early ones on SNES had more puzzles in them than the ps ones, bUT it was so long ago I could be confused with something else haha.

I know ff8 and 9 had atleast a level involving it, and ff10 had the puzzles in the temples where they fought the summons. I haven't seen anything about these puzzles in ff15 yet, so it may be a lot bigger than stuff they did in the past, but there is always some part of a ff game that has a puzzle of sorts.
  • ethos
    edited December 2016
    Options

I dunno.. this is pretty unique in my opinion. Check out the YouTube videos.. there isn't much to spoil.

Not much to spoil except if you don't want to challenge yourself. Finally beat that ? earlier today. After beating it I checked some vids and seen someone beat it in 6 mins and another In 31. ? took me like 15hrs to complete but I did it raw. I only say that time cuz how long since my last auto save. Could be off tho cuz dont remember when i did auto save last. If you look it up you know where to go, but you still gotta complete the jumps so it's still gonna be a challenge somewhat. But it is definitely unique.

Interested in what this new game plus is tho. That dlc they dropping ain't enough for me to put my money down yet. Will wait on the next 1.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Not much to spoil except if you don't want to challenge yourself. Finally beat that ? earlier today. After beating it I checked some vids and seen someone beat it in 6 mins and another In 31. ? took me like 15hrs to complete but I did it raw. I only say that time cuz how long since my last auto save. Could be off tho cuz dont remember when i did auto save last. If you look it up you know where to go, but you still gotta complete the jumps so it's still gonna be a challenge somewhat. But it is definitely unique.

Interested in what this new game plus is tho. That dlc they dropping ain't enough for me to put my money down yet. Will wait on the next 1.

What type of reward is given for completing the puzzle dungeon?
  • ethos
    edited December 2016
    Options

What type of reward is given for completing the puzzle dungeon?

The main thing is an item called black hood which makes Noctis dodge enemy attacks automaticly, but you can still get hit so you not invincible.

But if you do the 6 min guy method you miss a LOT of loot. Even the 31 min guy missed a lot. All knds of treausees in there. From weapons to potions to armor etc.