Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Trailer Released

Options

Comments

• Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why we talking FF, the FF !2 remaster is based on the international version

Here are some of the differences between the international version and the North American version so you know what to expect.

One huge difference is FF 12 international brings back the job system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA_U90DhWyc
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranked on tiers

Tactics
    8, 6, 10
    7, 12, 9, 4
    1, 2, 3, 5

I won't include 11 and 14 in this since they are MMOs, although both games were/are REALLY good you should honestly check them out seriously. I really have played every numbered final fantasy entry.... Tactics technically isn't a numbered entry but it is by far my favorite, 8 would have been on the same level if the game wasn't broken. Everything else about the game was amazing to me. People overlook a lot of the technical flaws and localization errors with 7 because of nostalgia. Great game, but like I said if 8 wasn't broken it is pretty much better than 7 in every way besides story because story is completely subjective to the player.

If I had to rank 15 right now it it would be on the same tier as 7, 12, 9, and 4. All great games that I like, but there are others that I feel are superior.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranked on tiers

Tactics
    8, 6, 10
    7, 12, 9, 4
    1, 2, 3, 5

I won't include 11 and 14 in this since they are MMOs, although both games were/are REALLY good you should honestly check them out seriously. I really have played every numbered final fantasy entry.... Tactics technically isn't a numbered entry but it is by far my favorite, 8 would have been on the same level if the game wasn't broken. Everything else about the game was amazing to me. People overlook a lot of the technical flaws and localization errors with 7 because of nostalgia. Great game, but like I said if 8 wasn't broken it is pretty much better than 7 in every way besides story because story is completely subjective to the player.

If I had to rank 15 right now it it would be on the same tier as 7, 12, 9, and 4. All great games that I like, but there are others that I feel are superior.

I loved FF11 on my PS2. ? was fun as ? . Total Grinding game, but it had a really good community of players. I played as a Monk/Warrior then did Samurai and Dragoon for Advanced jobs. The Advanced Job quests were so cool.

I played 14 for awhile on my PC but ended up stopping. I dont remember why though haha. Ive been highly considering getting back into it. If i do get back into it i might buy the PS4 version, but would probably be easier to play on PC.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I finally started playing again yesterday.

Finished Chapter 13. I can see the gripe with the chapter, but as almost always, internet totally overreacted. it wasnt THAT bad. Definitely my least favorite chapter though haha.

Ive been trying to get the items to upgrade stuff with Cid. I think my game must be glitched or something. I have all the quests Like "Upgrade to Drain Lance II". I went and got courl Whiskers and talked to Cid, but nothing happens. In my quests, they all say "Spend some time doing quests and missions while waiting for Cid to upgrade" but all of the items are still in my inventory and ive been doing quests for forever. Do i have to beat the game to be able to upgrade to Ultima blade and other upgrades??

Or may it be possible that it is because im in chapter 14, but using that skill from the dog to go back to the Open world place??

While trying to spend more time and do quests, i entere Costlemark Tower @ level 55. That place is no ? joke, the Thunder Bombs and Ooze guys together are a pain in the ass!

Doesnt help that I am not able to save and I am out of all healing items besides Megaphoenix lol. Been relying on Ignis Recovery to heal a majority of the time but even that isnt too great. Found the secret door in Costlemark, but still working my way down to the boss.

Once i beat the game, do all those hidden doors in the dungeons unlock?

I also just realized there is a huge portion in the stats ascension grid that I didnt level up and they all effect HP haha. At level 55 Noctis has 3500ish HP. All the walkthrough vids i watch to see how to do a boss fight, their characters will be at 8-9k. I feel so weak haha.

Probably going to hit all of the rest stops in the open world again and do the bounties before i finish the game.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In order to make the cid quests go faster sleep camp and do a few quests hunts. I usually sleep 4x after it and do a few hunts and camp in between each. If you don't sleep he won't really finish it. You can do multiple but they all have to be handed in at same time or you have to wait til the current is complete.

The chapter doesn't matter I had ultimate blade and drain Lance 3 in ch 3
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    ethos wrote: »
    In order to make the cod quests go faster sleep camp and do a few quests hunts. I usually sleep 4x after it and do a few hunts and camp in between each. If you don't sleep he won't really finish it. You can do multiple but they all have to be handed in at same time or you have to wait til the current is complete.

Hmm yeah its odd, ALL of them say to wait, but i could have sworn i didnt have items for some of the quests.

I did the Coeurl Bounty that was recommended Level 35 cuz i needed the whiskers, I did it at 55 and it still took me multiple attempts because there are 5 of them and those ? have some sort of ability to one shot ? you. ? had me ? off lol.

I havent Camped in awhile though, I will do that and hopefully it will help with the upgrade quests.

It sucks because for Drain Lance II i need Coeurl Whiskers. Got those. Unequipped the Drain Lance from Ignis, and Cid still didnt prompt the quest progress or tell me to wait. I spammed X when i talked to him when I was upgrading Engine blade and all that but that was forever ago and i know ive done tons of quests and bounties since then and camped. A lot of those quests were main story quests though so maybe they didnt count, i dont know. Ill be ? off if its glitched and I cant get Ultima Weapon.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Ranked on tiers

Tactics
    8, 6, 10
    7, 12, 9, 4
    1, 2, 3, 5

I played 14 for awhile on my PC but ended up stopping. I dont remember why though haha. Ive been highly considering getting back into it. If i do get back into it i might buy the PS4 version, but would probably be easier to play on PC.

Say if you get back into 14 let me know, I been looking for IC people who are down to play. I'm tryna convicne @Trollio but it aint going too well.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ranked on tiers

Tactics
    8, 6, 10
    7, 12, 9, 4
    1, 2, 3, 5

Say if you get back into 14 let me know, I been looking for IC people who are down to play. I'm tryna convicne @Trollio but it aint going too well.

Dope! if your playing it then Ill probably for sure get it in 2 Weeks, ill let you know! on PS4 right? @dallas' 4 eva
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Ranked on tiers

Tactics
    8, 6, 10
    7, 12, 9, 4
    1, 2, 3, 5

Dope! if your playing it then Ill probably for sure get it in 2 Weeks, ill let you know! on PS4 right? @dallas' 4 eva

Scumbag_Ran Inshould already be on your friends list.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you guys have all the Royal Arms? i got one left to go, taking my time on this ? . 80% done the game
  • ethos
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In order to make the cod quests go faster sleep camp and do a few quests hunts. I usually sleep 4x after it and do a few hunts and camp in between each. If you don't sleep he won't really finish it. You can do multiple but they all have to be handed in at same time or you have to wait til the current is complete.

Hmm yeah its odd, ALL of them say to wait, but i could have sworn i didnt have items for some of the quests.

I did the Coeurl Bounty that was recommended Level 35 cuz i needed the whiskers, I did it at 55 and it still took me multiple attempts because there are 5 of them and those ? have some sort of ability to one shot ? you. ? had me ? off lol.

I havent Camped in awhile though, I will do that and hopefully it will help with the upgrade quests.

It sucks because for Drain Lance II i need Coeurl Whiskers. Got those. Unequipped the Drain Lance from Ignis, and Cid still didnt prompt the quest progress or tell me to wait. I spammed X when i talked to him when I was upgrading Engine blade and all that but that was forever ago and i know ive done tons of quests and bounties since then and camped. A lot of those quests were main story quests though so maybe they didnt count, i dont know. Ill be ? off if its glitched and I cant get Ultima Weapon.

You can get the whiskers from fighting 1 Coeur right outside where you first get the 1st royal weapon instead of the 3 for the hunt. Think I did mine at lv 26.

Also craft fire with magictek booster for 5x cast body them easy. They weak to fire.

I know you got already but for whoever else lurking. .
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

You can get the whiskers from fighting 1 Coeur right outside where you first get the 1st royal weapon instead of the 3 for the hunt. Think I did mine at lv 26.

Also craft fire with magictek booster for 5x cast body them easy. They weak to fire.

I know you got already but for whoever else lurking. .

Dude you were totally right about Cid. I just camped once then got a call from him the next morning. Had to Farm the Duplicorn bounty yesterday for about an hour to get a sturdy helixhorn. Currently got everything upgraded and Ultima Weapon is in the process of being worked on by Cid now!

Also started quest to go fight the turtle. I think i will finish the game before I fight him though. Gonna do bountys and level up a bit then finish off Costlemark Tower and then I only need one more Royal arms. Not sure which one though ha.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Anyone do the capturing of frogs questlines for that science lady? I'm on the one where I gotta find the rainbow frogs but the quest menu doesn't show me what area they are in are they spread out through the map?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Finally cleared out cosltle mark tower and got the sword of the tall. Im missing one more special weapon, gonna have to look up where it's at. Still aint finish the main story. On rank 6 of bounties. Gonna get that up further then finish the game. Still gotta find the rainbow frogs too.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those who don't understand the story, I think you should watch the ffxv movie which is the prequel to the game. It really shows what the story all about. The also a mini anime series that introduces you to the characters.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Godanm the ending had me crying smh
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Godanm the ending had me crying smh

and the song "stand by me" doesnt help either b
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soooo...is there a trick to beating the Adamantoise or what? I fought dude for like 45 mins straight and only managed to take away a tenth of his life.
  • Juttythe3rd
    edited January 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/vv2DSmy3Tro

I been jamming this since day 1...damn Florence killed this
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    Soooo...is there a trick to beating the Adamantoise or what? I fought dude for like 45 mins straight and only managed to take away a tenth of his life.

i havent even tried yet...i k aint about that 1 hour boss battle. i still gotta get the sword of the tall
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

There are vids with strategy on fighting him. Still will take an hour to ? him though. Recommended to be higher level and have 2 royal arms equupped for stats. I haven't tried yet though haha.

Ain't played in about a week, but I finally complete the Dino quest chain. I'm looking for these damn rainbow frogs and doing bounties before I go back to main story. Some of the bounties are getting pretty Damn hard. At rank 7 on bounties and level 62. Got all upgraded weapons and have done I'm pretty sure every side quest. Pretty sure ive cleared every dungeon. Not the second half of them though.

Tomorrow a trailer is dropping for some moogle theme park that will be added into the game. I think it's just gonna be a place for mini games though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finally beat him. It took me 5 game days of continuous fighting over 3 different play sessions. ? was crazy.
  • ethos
    edited January 2017
    Options
    First time I beat him took bout hr 20 mins but after watching this video can do in bout 20 or so

https://youtu.be/h08pvGD4kbQ

He doesn't show in the video but you can stack enhancements from Igis. That's how I beat him 1st time. Warp strike with great sword at a safe spot over and over with attack enhancement and Ignis ability. Used ethetd when applicable. Also couldn't hurt yo use prompto piercer which also lowers an enemies def. Didn't know bout the neck or dagger thing til I watched this.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    ? this tower B!
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In order to make the cid quests go faster sleep camp and do a few quests hunts. I usually sleep 4x after it and do a few hunts and camp in between each. If you don't sleep he won't really finish it. You can do multiple but they all have to be handed in at same time or you have to wait til the current is complete.

The chapter doesn't matter I had ultimate blade and drain Lance 3 in ch 3

Hell yeah. Im at level 50,ultima blade, drainerlance 3, bioblaster 2, 5 kings weapons, level 5 in hunting