Most Overrated Hip-Hop Group Of All Time

Options

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu

The only group were ? ALWAYS use the group members solo albums to help out Wu as a whole. Dre,Easy, and Cube solo's aren't used to help NWA, Neither is Big Boi's for Outkast, or Q-Tip's for ATCQ.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    NWA.....

U trippin or trollin

you cant take away from their contribution but lets be serious

Production was ahead of its time

Cube, Ren, and DOC lyrics

Classic records

Eazy was overated since he didnt do ? but be a mascot. But NWA is not overrated.

NWA >>> PE or Run DMC

nah and DOC was nt part of NWA......too much dead weight imo
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu

The only group were ? ALWAYS use the group members solo albums to help out Wu as a whole. Dre,Easy, and Cube solo's aren't used to help NWA, Neither is Big Boi's for Outkast, or Q-Tip's for ATCQ.

Alot of their early solo stuff was essentially Wu-Tang albums tho
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu

Wtf are you talking about?

As a group they have 2 classic albums
    WU tang forever/36 Chambers

As soloist them ? made 4 classic albums. 3 back to back
    Ob4cl
    Liquid swords
    Ironman

Now tell me how these ? is/was overrated?

I swear you 85% don't know ?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    Wu

Alot of their early solo stuff was essentially Wu-Tang albums tho

Been hearing this for years now and all get I from it is Wu group albums get weak as ? after Forever so let say the solo's were also group albums cuz they featured group members.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with Beastie Boys .

The original benefactors of the white novelty overrated bump.

They aight at best
  • IgboNegro
    Options
    Wu Tang got 2 certified classic albums, they're whole brand is a part of mainstream pop culture, and a lot of their members are still relevant today...what other group has that
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    UGK

folks in here really saying UGK, Outkast and Bone? Are there legit retards who post on here?
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited July 2016
    Options
    clipse.jpg

I Def agree with this tho, these boys had some good lyrics, never liked their sound and production and don't understand why they are loved so much.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu Tang got 2 certified classic albums, they're whole brand is a part of mainstream pop culture, and a lot of their members are still relevant today...what other group has that

What makes an album a "certified classic"?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Outlast has 3 classics. Both members are relivent 20+ years after their debut.

3 stacks is relevant??

Ya some delusional ass ? I swear
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never have or will give a ? about ATCQ.
  • IgboNegro
    Options

That's true, thats why I can't say groups like Outkast, Wu-Tang and NWA are overrated...but Mobb Deep tho
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

3 stacks is relevant??

seeing that majority of rappers keep 3000 name in their interviews and is usually the go to when asked what artist you want to work with? Yeah in a way he is.
  • IgboNegro
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

What makes an album a "certified classic"?

If you don't understand how 36 Chambers or Wu-tang forever are both classics, you need to get your hip hop card revoked
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Never have or will give a ? about ATCQ.

Outside of Electric Relaxation their ? never was for me
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like outkast but i think people rate them too highly, its like every time they came out with an album ppl wouldn't stop talking about how artistic and cutting edge they were...i never saw it.

again i like some outkast, but overall i don't think they are the greatest thing in the world

as for groups that i didnt like at all, i'd say gangstarr
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easily outkast.

Goodie Mob doesn't get enough hype.

Goodie Mob >>>> Outkast

Ceelo >>>>>> Dre

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the wu and the beastie boys
    only like odb and the rest of them ? was garbage as a crew. only odb and raekwons albums are the only ? i ? with.
    and beastie boys? nuff said
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

3 stacks is relevant??

Yup. Cuz if that ? said he was in the studio working on a solo album or working w/ Big on an Outkast album, that thread would probably be on 5/6 pages by now.

And you a delusional ass ? if think otherwise.