Options

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    Wu Tang got 2 certified classic albums, they're whole brand is a part of mainstream pop culture, and a lot of their members are still relevant today...what other group has that

Outlast has 3 classics. Both members are relivent 20+ years after their debut.

3 stacks is relevant??

Ya some delusional ass ? I swear

You aint know he drops annual verses of the year for the last 5 or so years ask the IC.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu Tang got 2 certified classic albums, they're whole brand is a part of mainstream pop culture, and a lot of their members are still relevant today...what other group has that

3 stacks is relevant??

Yup. Cuz if that ? said he was in the studio working on a solo album or working w/ Big on an Outkast album, that thread would probably be on 5/6 pages by now.

And you a delusional ass ? if think otherwise.

IF IF IF he was ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

What makes an album a "certified classic"?

If you don't understand how 36 Chambers or Wu-tang forever are both classics, you need to get your hip hop card revoked

All of that has ? all to do with the question I asked. Either you have an answer or you don't.

What makes an album a certified classic?
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

If you don't understand how 36 Chambers or Wu-tang forever are both classics, you need to get your hip hop card revoked

All of that has ? all to do with the question I asked. Either you have an answer or you don't.

Cultural Impact
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu

The only group were ? ALWAYS use the group members solo albums to help out Wu as a whole. Dre,Easy, and Cube solo's aren't used to help NWA, Neither is Big Boi's for Outkast, or Q-Tip's for ATCQ.

Wtf are you talking about?

As a group they have 2 classic albums
    WU tang forever/36 Chambers

As soloist them ? made 4 classic albums. 3 back to back
    Ob4cl
    Liquid swords
    Ironman

Now tell me how these ? is/was overrated?

I swear you 85% don't know ?

Thanks you dumb ? you just made my point

No you dumb ? you made my point.

They wasn't even supposed to be a group. The plan was to get a deal as a group and branch off and get solo deals.

Come back to the table every 4/5 years and fulfill the group obligation

Point being the emphasis was never on the group. The emphasis was the solo acts.

The WU was just the brand/umbrella that they all fell under.

Now got get your ? shinebox. You ? 85er
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cultural Impact

Thanks, only asked cause people have different views from what makes an album a classic.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

3 stacks is relevant??

Yup. Cuz if that ? said he was in the studio working on a solo album or working w/ Big on an Outkast album, that thread would probably be on 5/6 pages by now.

And you a delusional ass ? if think otherwise.

IF IF IF he was ?

? you the one that brought up his relevance.

If he wasn't relevant like you claim then no one would give a ? if or when he drop some music, but you and I know that's not the case.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

3 stacks is relevant??

Instead of just letting words come out of your face, explain to me how he's not relevant.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's true, thats why I can't say groups like Outkast, Wu-Tang and NWA are overrated...but Mobb Deep tho

They're 2nd on my list.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

3 stacks is relevant??

Instead of just letting words come out of your face, explain to me how he's not relevant.

What has been 3000 contribution to hip hop in the last 5 years?

Please don't say these once in a blue sixteens.

Cause that's not enough to claim relevance according to you ic ? .

Cause according to y'all ? Joe budden is irrelevant and he just dropped an album 3 years ago

• IgboNegro
    Options
    Foreal tho he ain't relevant no more, but only because he chooses to be, not because he's wack
  • KamPushMe
    Options

3 stacks is relevant??

Never meant to say stacks is completely irrelevant.
    Wu Tang got 2 certified classic albums, they're whole brand is a part of mainstream pop a culture, and a lot of their members are still relevant today...what other group has that

But if we're going to compare relevancy with one of the members of the wu- let's say gfk- We all know who is more relevant as of now.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KamPushMe
    Options

3 stacks is relevant??

Never meant to say stacks is completely irrelevant.
    Wu Tang got 2 certified classic albums, they're whole brand is a part of mainstream pop a culture, and a lot of their members are still relevant today...what other group has that

650170.gif

Foh ? with this ?
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IgboNegro
    Options
    Rundmc_2.jpg

Their cultural impact is evident, but these ? had no bars
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    How can ICONs be overrated? There's a damn good chance that whatever u listen to now in one way or another exist because of them or at least highly respected by what you're listening to. You may not like their music but to say they're overrated is absurd. Only Hip Hop fans smh
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In defense to Mobb Deep tho. They never wanted to be great
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    How can ICONs be overrated? There's a damn good chance that whatever u listen to now in one way or another exist because of them or at least highly respected by what you're listening to. You may not like their music but to say they're overrated is absurd. Only Hip Hop fans smh
    Well than of all the groups listed... which group doesnt fall under the ICON category?

Mobb Sleep?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ODB overated asf
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bone thugs

Yeah I said it

No doubt they aint dropped a good album or song in 21 years.Bone still eatin off creepin on tha come up and east 1999 from the MID 90's ? these incoherent harmonizing mumbling fools

You crazy as hell....

https://youtu.be/Ci7ZVjV7CHQ