So I'm 75% sure I will join the Air Force after this school year

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Military people tell me about it I researched a lot about BMT. But what else should I look forward too ?

Be an officer like everyone said to be and use it to your benefit and developed unique skills sets that would market you better for yourself , whatever future endeavors, and your community.

Tell him about those duties stations though. Navy has the GOAT duty stations.

The duty stations are nice in the Air Force just pray you do not get assigned to some of those ? locations. Anything overseas is nice. A career overseas is the best thing to do.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Military people tell me about it I researched a lot about BMT. But what else should I look forward too ?

Be an officer like everyone said to be and use it to your benefit and developed unique skills sets that would market you better for yourself , whatever future endeavors, and your community.

The duty stations are nice in the Air Force just pray you do not get assigned to some of those ? locations. Anything overseas is nice. A career overseas is the best thing to do.

So how does deployment work ? @Ajackson17 will I stay on a base for 4-6 years ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So how does deployment work ? @Ajackson17 will I stay on a base for 4-6 years ?

Depends on the needs of the air force and most likely you will deploy but it depends on where you are going. If its Kuwait then its a field trip there is also south american deployments
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Lol why you call it a field trip
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Okay I really do want to become an officer so I might just wait a few more years 2018. Should I talk to a recruiter now though?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh man I really don't wanna do this ? , however it seems like everything I'm doing is currently not working. If I have about two years left to finish my in Business MIS, but I can't afford school (my GPA is like 3.7) and ? GA rules won't allow me to get any good scholarships.

I'm literally forced into making this decision into the National guard or air force soon. I really don't wanna do this ? , but no body is hiring and this marketing firm position is seeming like it's not consistent or reliable.

If y'all had to choose whats better for someone who don't really wanna be about the whole military life? National GUARD or air force? I'm strictly in it for job security, benefits, travelling, and most importantly help paying for my student debt.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay I really do want to become an officer so I might just wait a few more years 2018. Should I talk to a recruiter now though?

Yes, tell him you want to go the officer route.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Softest branch out of all of the military. lol More civilian like.

1. Try to go officer if you can (less of the enlisted ? ).
    2. Get a MOS that's translatable to the civilian world.
    3. Civilian contractor capability MOS. You can make six figure salary with a needed MOS in the civilian contractor world working for companies like Honeywell, Halliburton, etc working in the middle east.
    4. If you can get a security clearance do it
    5. Take advantage of all the free ? (education is free, dental, medical,etc).
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also airforce has a waitlist like a ?

..? IS ATLEAST 2YEARS LONG... DEAD ASS
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go medical. Good ? the hoes in medical

..STRAIGHT GOING TO A WAR ZONE TOO
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    ? what any ? say. Military is GOAT. ? pay for my schooling, all of my insurance, and honestly it options up alot of job opportunities.

Don't automatically become an officer. Go through the enlisted struggle. You might like being an NCO more.

@The_Jackal what's NCO

Non commission officer. Basically all of the Sargent rank falls under that.

While in the officer side you have LTs, CA, generals etc etc. More logistical side of the army/ military in general
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    ? what any ? say. Military is GOAT. ? pay for my schooling, all of my insurance, and honestly it options up alot of job opportunities.

Don't automatically become an officer. Go through the enlisted struggle. You might like being an NCO more.

@The_Jackal what's NCO

While in the officer side you have LTs, CA, generals etc etc. More logistical side of the army/ military in general

@the_jackal do i get the dame benefits ? i might just finish this school year and enlist or try to. i just submitted an app on the website
  • The_Jackal
    Options

@The_Jackal what's NCO

@the_jackal do i get the dame benefits ? i might just finish this school year and enlist or try to. i just submitted an app on the website

You will. But if your are looking for benefits for school, I'll let you know now. Atleast for the army side they hold you to a high standard you have to be green across the board (passing physical fitness test, passing height and weight, staying medically cleared, and keeping your grades up in school) you go earn them benefits homie
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    well then i should be in the clear.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    i was looking at the physical test and man i did more ? at 2 a days then that.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    i was looking at the physical test and man i did more ? at 2 a days then that.

You sure? Because depending on what you choose (combat or support arns) the standards are drastically different and that affects you getting promoted.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go into Intel 1N or anything cyber 3D
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Air Force is the way to go...if you go Officer it will be even more cake. You in college or HS?
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    To get the best jobs you must have an ASVAB score of at least 110. Anything below that score will limit your options and lowers your chances for any decent sign-on bonuses. You can retake the tests as much as you like.

Stop lying to the people my ? lol...the highest you can get is a 99.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    I remember going to see the marine recruiter cuz my dad made me. Dude was so ridiculous with goofy lies and stories that could only sway the very simple-minded. Then they make you take a test a ? could ace then gas you up like you are a genius. I basically laughed in his face.

Cosign. I was low key kinda mad at the face he made when he saw my 94 score like that ? was a typo. I wasn't even tryin hard on that ? .

I swear if you just went "ABA CADABA" all the way down you gettin at least a 75
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    To get the best jobs you must have an ASVAB score of at least 110. Anything below that score will limit your options and lowers your chances for any decent sign-on bonuses. You can retake the tests as much as you like.

Stop lying to the people my ? lol...the highest you can get is a 99.

Yup. I was a recruiter for 3 years NRD Chicago. 99 is the highest you can get. A 92 makes you eligible for every job the navy offers, including the nuke program.

Also don't let nobody trick you into thinking that getting selected as an officer candidate after being enlisted is a cakewalk. It is 10x harder to become an officer as a prior enlisted person. If you want to be an officer, get your degree before talking to the recruiter. After you get the degree, tell the enlisted recruiter to refer you to the OFFICER recruiter. This is important because the enlisted recruiter will try to trick you into enlisting with them. (They get more points toward their quotas for enlisting black and hispanics). Also an enlisted service member CANNOT put you in an officer program....you have to deal with an officer recruiter. This recruiter will be a commissioned officer as well.