So I'm 75% sure I will join the Air Force after this school year

Options

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go medical. Good ? the hoes in medical

yooo..when i was in korea i went to OSAN AB and met the baddest Asian and Latina's ever in that hospital, all airforce broads since it was an Air force base, that was in 06

then recently we hired some temps to help out and this one chick we hired just got out the airforce was bad as ? like them Instagram thots, face at a 10 and body at a 10. she was the first chick i had trouble looking at in the face as she was disturbingly attractive.

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always tripped me out how many people on here are military or former military...military threads always do numbers
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you decide to go enlisted, do Navy.

Great Lakes base is right outside of Chicago.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    To get the best jobs you must have an ASVAB score of at least 110. Anything below that score will limit your options and lowers your chances for any decent sign-on bonuses. You can retake the tests as much as you like.

Stop lying to the people my ? lol...the highest you can get is a 99.

i figured he might of meant gt score
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Always tripped me out how many people on here are military or former military...military threads always do numbers

For black folk it's just a stepping stone job. That's why I laugh at them hotep "you joinin the white mans army" ? . It ain't got ? to do with patriotism and serving my country or all them other CAC motivations. Aside from basic and tech school I never even left the west coast let alone see any combat situation

Not many of us trying to make it a career either. Go in do your time pick up a trade and some benefits and get on with life. If I had a son I'd encourage him to do 4. Especially in the AF. Easy money easy benefits

This. It's a great opportunity and the crazy thing is that Blacks are out here constantly exceeding the standard.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

For black folk it's just a stepping stone job. That's why I laugh at them hotep "you joinin the white mans army" ? . It ain't got ? to do with patriotism and serving my country or all them other CAC motivations. Aside from basic and tech school I never even left the west coast let alone see any combat situation

Not many of us trying to make it a career either. Go in do your time pick up a trade and some benefits and get on with life. If I had a son I'd encourage him to do 4. Especially in the AF. Easy money easy benefits

This exactly why I'm joining
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could be wrong but a significant amount of AF jobs require a security clearance.....if you get that, but most importantly maintain it,you will be able to get all kind of jobs in the civilian sector when you get out.

I work in Afghanistan and know some young brothers with prior service with security clearance making 225k but most make around 150k and up

Good luck with whatever path you take!
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ice Cube "? Baby"
    Let me tell y'all, the definition of shady
    It's a ? like you that think it's all gravy
    Do some dumb ? , dumber than join the Navy
  • smp4life
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • smp4life
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    I could be wrong but a significant amount of AF jobs require a security clearance.....if you get that, but most importantly maintain it,you will be able to get all kind of jobs in the civilian sector when you get out.

I work in Afghanistan and know some young brothers with prior service with security clearance making 225k but most make around 150k and up

Good luck with whatever path you take!

Once you get cleared to join you have a secret clearance, the jobs that require top secret are few. As long as you have no criminal record and a fair credit record your fine, the top secret clearance form is about 30 pages asking stupid ? like who was your 1st grade teacher. Officer slots, Intel, and Cyber are the only jobs I know requiring Top Secret Clearance.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Smh man I really don't wanna do this ? , however it seems like everything I'm doing is currently not working. If I have about two years left to finish my in Business MIS, but I can't afford school (my GPA is like 3.7) and ? GA rules won't allow me to get any good scholarships.

I'm literally forced into making this decision into the National guard or air force soon. I really don't wanna do this ? , but no body is hiring and this marketing firm position is seeming like it's not consistent or reliable.

If y'all had to choose whats better for someone who don't really wanna be about the whole military life? National GUARD or air force? I'm strictly in it for job security, benefits, travelling, and most importantly help paying for my student debt.

Didn't see your post but it depends if you are are you strictly trying to do it part time? And what job are you looking to do.

If you really honest don'twant to do it and feel like your being forced, don't do it. Army atleast if you listen and do what you got to do then basic and ait should be a cakewalk. But it's easy to ? up and especially since it's peacetime, ? will hit you with that dishonorable with the quickness and it's the same as a felony in nearly every state.
  • smp4life
    Options
    Damn military recruiters up in here or what?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How old is to old to get in with the military?
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    How old is to old to get in with the military?

• BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not even surprised by this. A lot of these military bases have these recreation buildings where you can play ball, pool, watch TV, and log onto the internet in these big computer rooms during liberty. Allhiphop was a favorite site among military heads back in the early 2000's
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »

If you're going there, u forgot Geto Boys "? A War".....but that might not be pertinent. ...I think most brothas just use the army as a stepping stone like someone said.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of yall join in your mid-late twenties? how was that?

If you were close to your parents, what was it like being away from them for so long? Were you away for all 4 or just during basic?

I heard stuff about how you could sign up for one job and then be forced into another, like combat ? . Is that really possible? Do you know going in if you'll be deployed overseas?

What's it like after doing your 4? Do they try and get you to stay? Did you want to stay? What were jobs like? Cause from what I see, you can come back and just be stuck in the same situation as when you went in. I know people that went in and did four and came back looking for jobs at pizza places and ? . Are they just dummies who didn't plan ahead like yall?

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lincoln wrote: »

If you were close to your parents, what was it like being away from them for so long? Were you away for all 4 or just during basic?

I heard stuff about how you could sign up for one job and then be forced into another, like combat ? . Is that really possible? Do you know going in if you'll be deployed overseas?

What's it like after doing your 4? Do they try and get you to stay? Did you want to stay? What were jobs like? Cause from what I see, you can come back and just be stuck in the same situation as when you went in. I know people that went in and did four and came back looking for jobs at pizza places and ? . Are they just dummies who didn't plan ahead like yall?

Great questions @Ajackson17 @numbaz...80's baby @caddo man @thejackal
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Join ROTC so you can
    1. See if the lifestyle suits you...military life is a different lifestyle, you'll be talked to a different way.
    2. Enter as an officer
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lincoln wrote: »

What's it like after doing your 4? Do they try and get you to stay? Did you want to stay? What were jobs like? Cause from what I see, you can come back and just be stuck in the same situation as when you went in. I know people that went in and did four and came back looking for jobs at pizza places and ? .Are they just dummies who didn't plan ahead like yall?

pretty much.

Go in to mos that will give you opportunities outside of military and/or take advantage of the free college tuition