Katt Williams says ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery. Right or wrong?

Options

Comments

• alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if slaves were cowards does that mean ? who ? other ? are strong? Since their enslaved maybe mentally, physically, materialism or just because they dont want to look weak.

Wtf does this have to do with physically forced ? ?

Don't sidetrack the argument. This ain't about ? killing ? or the after effects of slavery.

The argument is, were ? cowards do letting white people ride on them for so long.

Cops been crackin ? skulls forever so we cowards too?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other...
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    So if slaves were cowards does that mean ? who ? other ? are strong? Since their enslaved maybe mentally, physically, materialism or just because they dont want to look weak.

Don't sidetrack the argument. This ain't about ? killing ? or the after effects of slavery.

The argument is, were ? cowards do letting white people ride on them for so long.

Bible.jpg

nat turner and paul bogle were Christians so ? out of here and stop blaming religions for everything, blacks chose to live instead of die that's it, DEATH WAS THE MORE NOBLE OPTION but many did not choose it.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was wrong. His ancestors weren't cowards for accepting slavery.
    Muhannad wrote: »
    I was watching a doc on youtube about slavery in Mauritania. Slavery is still practised to this day in certain parts of that country. Some of these slaves and former slaves were mentally broken like @2stepz_ahead said. Even when they were freed, they went back to their former masters because they didn't know what to do with all that freedom. These people were indoctrinated to feel they serve Allah if they serve their Arab masters. I felt bad for them TBH. Even when they technically weren't slaves, their masters would still rule over them as if they were.

Maybe it's comparable to when fellons get institutionalized.
    AggyAF wrote: »
    I descend from maroons and Haitians so my bloodline nuh coward

Maybe HIS ancestors were bitchmade
    Katt might have referred to his ancestors, but it could just as well be about other blacks in latin America and the caribbean. Not every Jamaican or Haitian slave fought alongside the maroons. Some collaborated with white slavemasters. In countries like Mauritania and Sudan some blacks still live like slaves. Maybe it's something in blacks that makes them susceptible to being subjugated by outsiders.

Maybe all blacks were/ are cowards to a certain extent.

The answer is not simply and neither was slavery.

I don't buy the whole ? is stupid and deserve it angle .
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Bible.jpg

nat turner and paul bogle were Christians so ? out of here and stop blaming religions for everything, blacks chose to live instead of die that's it, DEATH WAS THE MORE NOBLE OPTION but many did not choose it.

You said you were a maroon, were they Christians ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bible.jpg

Folks quick to say slaves were cowards because most didn't fight back, but now just because a couple Christians did the rest wasn't seduced by that book to remain humble and pray for a answer?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.
    Like I said before, how do you explain Spartans, Haitians, maroons in the caribbean and South America etc.? They fought eventhough they were born into slavery. I know it's hard to admit, but I think you should come to grips with the fact the overwhelming majority of your ancestors were slaves. We can't fight against facts, even if the truth hurts sometimes...

Show me where I've posted something - today or in the past - that would suggest that I'm not aware that my ancestors were slaves.

Standing by...
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So he's giving a black and white answer to a situation steeped in gray. Looking back on the accounts and many different types of subversive actions enslaved men and women did will tell you that...
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    i aint listening to that ?

the ? is more complex than a black & white yay or nay response, but the first step in remedying whats ? up or what went wrong is accepting such

we have the capacity to change our lives and begin to steer our trajectory for once by simply removing our fueling life force from certain sectors of white society. But we know that ? wont be pretty. so we rather march pray and debate, and consider that ? noble and brave. well forever chase our tails at being scared of death and pain. we never broke that slave/ slave master relationship and refuse to even admit such. until we do, aint no moving forward.

at this rate 60 yrs from now our children will be patting each other on the back for blockin a highway or winning a debate against a paid troll on tv. Is that what you want? Is that wjat your willing to accept?

im gettin angry snh
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was right. His ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery.

Cops been crackin ? skulls forever so we cowards too?

Not all of us. In this day an age. You got brothers that's ready to ride. Then you have those that are just scared.

You got ? that fight back when police trying to do them ? . Then you got ? that turn the other cheek while taking tremendous abuse from police. Saying it's gone be alright. My ? it hasn't been alright in 400 years.

Just like slave rebellions. You had brothers and sisters that would have died for their freedom. But you had other brothers and sisters who got comfortable with the situation. And well, you see the end result.

Cycles homie. You see it, I see it, our ancestors been through it.

Bottom line if we all ain't on or fighting for the same accord, we never gone be free
  • zzombie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Other...
    ALL YOU GUYS ARE JUST looking for away to pretty up ? .... The white man stole some of us from africa and some african states sold the people of the tribes they defeated to europeans so a lot of us were probably already losers or trouble makers before we got here.

More of our ancestors could have chosen to fight till death or commit suicide but they chose live. DURING slavery there were areas of africa in which europeans learned not to take slaves from because they knew that the tribes from those areas were too violent.... After awhile the white man did not want any more Akan kromanti slaves because he knew that they could not be easily enslaved. HAD more slaves taken on the kromanti attitude the white man would have had to cut his own sugar cane and pick his own ? cotton and plant his own rice.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Other...
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

Bible.jpg

Christianity did not enslave my people or any other black people force of arms did that
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and blm is getting unjust recognition, what were in the cusp in right now was sparked by young niggss tearing ? up in ferguson. while folks whined about ? gettin burned it was JUST THAT that sparked the attention and dialogue. the media jus contained it to blm n most kus acctepted that n fell in line. talk about controlled opposition
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bible.jpg

Christianity did not enslave my people or any other black people force of arms did that

Force of arms enslaved your body, Christianity enslaved your mind
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other...
    Katt needs his own personal sticky thread
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaves fought back all the time though.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Other...

Bible.jpg

Force of arms enslaved your body, Christianity enslaved your mind

Anyone whose mind can be enslaved is already a weakling.... i don't buy into " the black people are so weak that we can be mentally enslaved ? "
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most people who were enslaved were young people talking about mostly made of teens and young children. Quit with the fantasies.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see ? still think Africa was one united country in 2016
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Looking at the past through a modern lens is problematic. ....

To suggest that blacks did not fight back is incorrect.....

Someone made the point already, but slaves in america were bred in america.....

While south america and the carrbean imported slaves directly from africa....

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LET ME ASK YALL THIS

WITH YALL THE KNOWLEDGE AND RIGHTS THAT WE HAVE TODAY, WHAT ARE WE/YALL/BLACKS DOING ABOUT THE INJUSTICE BY POLICE???

THEM SLAVES HAD ZERO GUNS, NO HELP, NO LAWS, NO NOTHIN...
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Katt Williams.

And ? this thread.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Y'all take on African enslaved history is ? and from a black and white lense. I'll deal with real scholars on this not on those eating the fruit of their ancestors pain and sacrifices and talking ? about them.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.
    Like I said before, how do you explain Spartans, Haitians, maroons in the caribbean and South America etc.? They fought eventhough they were born into slavery. I know it's hard to admit, but I think you should come to grips with the fact the overwhelming majority of your ancestors were slaves. We can't fight against facts, even if the truth hurts sometimes...

Show me where I've posted something - today or in the past - that would suggest that I'm not aware that my ancestors were slaves.

Standing by...
    My bad. Instead of "slaves" I meant to type "cowards".

My point was in order to heal from a traumatic ordeal you have to be honest even if it hurts and messes with your sensibilities. You can lie to yourself to make it more bearable, but the same thing will keep happening.

Maybe your ancestors were "soft as ? fillings" for accepting slavery for 400 years like Katt said.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt is right, also Blks in America are the same now.... cowards. aint ? change.