Katt Williams says ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery. Right or wrong?

Options

Comments

• alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if slaves were cowards does that mean ? who ? other ? are strong? Since their enslaved maybe mentally, physically, materialism or just because they dont want to look weak.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was right. His ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery.
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.
    Like I said before, how do you explain Spartans, Haitians, maroons in the caribbean and South America etc.? They fought eventhough they were born into slavery. I know it's hard to admit, but I think you should come to grips with the fact the overwhelming majority of your ancestors were slaves. We can't fight against facts, even if the truth hurts sometimes...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.

This is one of those "provocative" topics like the "meh, ? aint too bad" topics
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was wrong. His ancestors weren't cowards for accepting slavery.
    I descend from maroons and Haitians so my bloodline nuh coward

Maybe HIS ancestors were bitchmade
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So if slaves were cowards does that mean ? who ? other ? are strong? Since their enslaved maybe mentally, physically, materialism or just because they dont want to look weak.

they're not cowards..
    they're mentally weak tho..

but this aint about them.
    lets stick to topic..
  • Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see what this thread is about to turn into. These AA vs Non-AA discussions are so tired now.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not saying Kat's completely wrong, but I think conquered is a better word. It's not like slaves didn't try over the years. Slaves fought back throughout that era in many ways, big and small. But white supremacy was, and still is, a stronger opponent.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah he right.

Til this day ? is still showing signs of cowardice.

I'm not super ? by any means. But it's but so much ? can take.

400 years with a boot on your neck? Nah homie that's pressure.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First and foremost can we as a people stop calling black people slaves.....

Second it was several rebellions but they all fail simple because they couldn't sustain weaponry and food. They didn't know how to survive that's why the whites kept them dumb
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other...
    French reinforcements was an ocean away

same with the Spanish

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was wrong. His ancestors weren't cowards for accepting slavery.
    Muhannad wrote: »
    mayb scared like hell..

? ...time were alot different then.
    ? was mentally broken...odd was stacked.

can't call them cowards tho

i can understand the shock and awe part..
    but at what point do u get pasy that??!

i can even understand bein born into a situation..
    but to die in it?!

and of course ? aint go wanna touch this topic cause it would be admitting their own cowardice.. seein as ? is still slaves..

but being born into something.... you're programmed to think thats what life is unless you see different.

only a special few will rebel while alot is either waiting on someone else go take the first step or they don't wanna rock the boat
    Are you sure about that? Haitians were born into slavery. Maroons in countries like Jamaica, Surinam, Colombia, Brazil etc. were born into slavery. What made them fight against oppression while others didn't?

Geography and ethnicity plays a big role
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the cowards were the one that rebelled but lost and the non cowards were the successful ones. Okay, cool!
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    For all of those who are against what he said.

Would you willingly accept slavery?

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I always wondered if its 60 slaves to one white family and about 3 overseers on a farm why didnt most slaves rebel. ? just never added up to me
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

Wtf does this have to do with physically forced ? ?

Don't sidetrack the argument. This ain't about ? killing ? or the after effects of slavery.

The argument is, were ? cowards do letting white people ride on them for so long.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    I always wondered if its 60 slaves to one white family and about 3 overseers on a farm why didnt most slaves rebel. ? just never added up to me

Colossians 3:22 
    Servants, obey in all things yourmasters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing ?

Ephesians 6
    Servants, be obedient to them that areyour masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay I have a book for the people that agree with Katt.
    https://www.amazon.com/American-? -Revolts-Herbert-Aptheker/dp/0717806057

https://www.amazon.com/American-Uprising-Untold-Americas-Largest/dp/0061995223/ref=pd_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=5100bpjCCML&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR212,320_&psc=1&refRID=HR2FPGPCS08EYEX2QVJ7

Many other books and instances of armed rebellion.

But really I think most of you are trolling at this point.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wtf does this have to do with physically forced ? ?

Don't sidetrack the argument. This ain't about ? killing ? or the after effects of slavery.

The argument is, were ? cowards do letting white people ride on them for so long.

Bible.jpg
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was watching a doc on youtube about slavery in Mauritania. Slavery is still practised to this day in certain parts of that country. Some of these slaves and former slaves were mentally broken like @2stepz_ahead said. Even when they were freed, they went back to their former masters because they didn't know what to do with all that freedom. These people were indoctrinated to feel they serve Allah if they serve their Arab masters. I felt bad for them TBH. Even when they technically weren't slaves, their masters would still rule over them as if they were.

Maybe it's comparable to when fellons get institutionalized.
    AggyAF wrote: »
    I descend from maroons and Haitians so my bloodline nuh coward

Maybe HIS ancestors were bitchmade
    Katt might have referred to his ancestors, but it could just as well be about other blacks in latin America and the caribbean. Not every Jamaican or Haitian slave fought alongside the maroons. Some collaborated with white slavemasters. In countries like Mauritania and Sudan some blacks still live like slaves. Maybe it's something in blacks that makes them susceptible to being subjugated by outsiders.

Maybe all blacks were/ are cowards to a certain extent.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slavery was well thought out. what do u when u are shackled and sent across a ocean to a land u do not know around people u cant understand? where do u run? how do u plan when I speak one language and u speak another? what do with fight with? we do know that as time progressed the slaves fought back. my ancestors were not weak. they were put in a ? up situation.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immature viewpoint. They were prisoners kidnapped and held through violence. Outnumbered. And they didnt "accept" it. They fought against it until it was ended. Ending it It wasnt just white people giving them something to be nice.