The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread.

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Steelers fans ain't got no love for Mike Tomlin?

I hope he get fired and replaced with Jeff Fisher

It's mostly the white Steelers fans,
    that aren't even from the city of Pittsburgh that don't got love for Coach Tomlin..

They critique Tomlin different than Coach Cowher was critiqued, and it's funny because Coach Tomlin accomplished everything Coach Cowher accomplished but in a shorter amount of time..

But somehow someway Cowher is an elite coach

Who said that?

Terry bradshaw said it and that is what I disagree with. I wasn't comparing Cowher and Tomlin initially.
    My argument was how can you say someone is elite with the same amount of super bowls but the other one is good
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got the cape out for Omar Epps
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terry bradshaw talking slick about tomlin huh....? that redneck ?

Truth hurts. He inherited a Super Bowl team that Cowher built and got em a ring. He's a great motivator, but he's not a great coach. His drafts the last few years have been mostly busts.

Do you want to compare cower and Tomlin coaching stats because cower isn't winning that but he's considered great.. perception is a muthafucka

Cowher had Neil O'Dumbell, Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox as his qb's while constantly losing offensive and defensive coordinators to other teams.

If Cowher was supposed to be this great coach he would have more to show for it.

Kordeel Stewart was done wrong by the coaching staff. If they didn't make him a slash player he could have been there consistently. You must to forgot about that because you making that an excuse.

He only saw the field bcuz he was slash in the beginning. He became a full time QB and couldn't keep his job. How was he done wrong? It's not the coaching staff's fault bcuz they got head coaching positions and moved on. Stewart had his chance but he could not read defenses. That's a well known fact. Say what you want about Cowher but he made the most out of a one dimensional team. They just happen to run into such dynasties as the Bills, Cowboys, Broncos and Patriots. I do blame him for the loss to the Chargers in the AFCC in '94 but whatever. Tomlin lost to Tim Tebow. Nuff said.

I'm saying he was done wrong because he said he was done wrong. That right out of the horse mouth

lmao.
    What benched qb isn't gonna say that tho?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been staying out of this conversation, but man Tomlin aint that great of a coach bruh. Not saying Cowher is Belichek or Parcells or Walsh but he is better than Tomlin IMO.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Truth hurts. He inherited a Super Bowl team that Cowher built and got em a ring. He's a great motivator, but he's not a great coach. His drafts the last few years have been mostly busts.

Do you want to compare cower and Tomlin coaching stats because cower isn't winning that but he's considered great.. perception is a muthafucka

Cowher had Neil O'Dumbell, Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox as his qb's while constantly losing offensive and defensive coordinators to other teams.

If Cowher was supposed to be this great coach he would have more to show for it.

Kordeel Stewart was done wrong by the coaching staff. If they didn't make him a slash player he could have been there consistently. You must to forgot about that because you making that an excuse.

He only saw the field bcuz he was slash in the beginning. He became a full time QB and couldn't keep his job. How was he done wrong? It's not the coaching staff's fault bcuz they got head coaching positions and moved on. Stewart had his chance but he could not read defenses. That's a well known fact. Say what you want about Cowher but he made the most out of a one dimensional team. They just happen to run into such dynasties as the Bills, Cowboys, Broncos and Patriots. I do blame him for the loss to the Chargers in the AFCC in '94 but whatever. Tomlin lost to Tim Tebow. Nuff said.

I'm saying he was done wrong because he said he was done wrong. That right out of the horse mouth

lmao.

Same thing I was thinking
  • Olorun22
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    So how many Cowher players are still on the team? And why are they still having success today? You want to say because of Ben? Fine, but how many teams have good QB's but still suck?

One playoff win since the last super bowl appearance in 2010. Steeler nation is spoiled and that is mediocre imo. While watching our biggest rivals the Crows and Pats have success during that time. I watch John Harbaugh take lesser teams than Pitt and put up a very good challenge to NE while the Steelers get out-coached and out-played by both teams constantly. Facts

See this is the problem with what you're saying.

You make an excuse on why Cowher loses and say he ran into the Cowboys and Patriots. But when tomlin runs into the Patriots it's inexcusable.

Let's be honest here BB ran Cowher out of coaching and this ? is scared to come back.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    I been staying out of this conversation, but man Tomlin aint that great of a coach bruh. Not saying Cowher is Belichek or Parcells or Walsh but he is better than Tomlin IMO.

My arguement was bradshaw saying someone is great when he clearly isn't a great coach in Cowher.

I only compare tomlin and Cowher on wins and losses and sb.
  • Olorun22
    Options

lmao.

Do you need the video on first take. When Kordell compare him to Tebow and how he was handed differently?

I'm not talking about when he got bench
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    So how many Cowher players are still on the team? And why are they still having success today? You want to say because of Ben? Fine, but how many teams have good QB's but still suck?

One playoff win since the last super bowl appearance in 2010. Steeler nation is spoiled and that is mediocre imo. While watching our biggest rivals the Crows and Pats have success during that time. I watch John Harbaugh take lesser teams than Pitt and put up a very good challenge to NE while the Steelers get out-coached and out-played by both teams constantly. Facts

You didn't answer any of my questions but alright I guess.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Steelers fans ain't got no love for Mike Tomlin?

I hope he get fired and replaced with Jeff Fisher

You just trying to get Fisher employed so he don't come to Jax and introduce yall to that 7-9 life.

wouldn't that be an upgrade for Jacksonville?

?
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not forget both Cowher and Tomlin had ? LeBeau for a long ass time. Now this the first time Tomlin doesn't have him..and we all know Steelers defense normally carries them...where have they been so far?
  • O.G.
    edited December 2016
    Options

You make an excuse on why Cowher loses and say he ran into the Cowboys and Patriots. But when tomlin runs into the Patriots it's inexcusable.

Let's be honest here BB ran Cowher out of coaching and this ? is scared to come back.

Don't forget the Bills and Broncos too. All historical greats. Tomlin has lost to Tebow, David Garrard, and the corpse of Peyton Manning in the playoffs. He is 0-5 against his biggest rival over the last couple of seasons who talent wise can't compare to the Steelers.

This info came out after the Dolphins loss this year.

2009, Week 11: 6-3 Steelers lose to 2-7 Kansas City Chiefs , 27-24. Line: Steelers -11.5
    2009, Week 13: 6-5 Steelers lose to 3-8 Oakland Raiders , 27-24. Line: Steelers -15.0
    2009, Week 14: 6-6 Steelers lose to 1-11 Cleveland Browns , 13-6. Line: Steelers -10.0
    2012, Week 3: 1-1 Steelers lose to 0-2 Raiders, 34-31. Line: Steelers -4.0
    2012, Week 6: 2-2 Steelers lose to 1-4 Tennessee Titans , 26-23. Line: Steelers -6.5
    2012, Week 12: 6-4 Steelers lose to 2-8 Browns, 20-14. Line: Steelers -2.0
    2012, Week 14: 7-4 Steelers lose to 4-8 San Diego Chargers , 34-24. Line: Steelers -7.5
    2013, Week 4: 0-3 Steelers lose to 0-3 Minnesota Vikings , 34-27. Line: Steelers -3.0
    2013, Week 8: 2-4 Steelers lose to 2-4 Raiders, 21-18. Line: Steelers -2.5
    2014, Week 4: 2-1 Steelers lose to 0-3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers , 27-24. Line: Steelers -7.5
    2014, Week 10: 6-3 Steelers lose to 1-8 New York Jets , 20-13. Line: Steelers -4.0
    2014, Week 13: 7-4 Steelers lose to the 4-7 New Orleans Saints , 35-32. Line: Steelers -3.5
    2015, Week 16: 9-5 Steelers lose to the 4-10 Baltimore Ravens , 20-10. Line: Steelers -10.0
    2016, Week 6: 4-1 Steelers lose to the 1-4 Dolphins, 30-15. Line: Steelers -7.0

That's 14 losses over six seasons to teams with a combined record of 25-87, which works out to a winning percentage of .195. The Steelers, meanwhile, were 64-46, a winning percentage of .581. The Steelers were also favored in every game.

That's what average coaches do. They fail to get their team ready for games they should win easily.

I'm gonna need a link to BB running Cowher out of coaching. :/

Your coach is Jason Garrett. You should know a average coach when you see one.

Watch the game today and tell me what Tomlin does compared to Harbaugh. One will stand there and make cool gestures for the camera while the other will actually be giving and getting input to coaches in his headset while coaching his players up.
  • O.G.
    Options

You didn't answer any of my questions but alright I guess.

I did tho. To me one playoff win since 2010 is not really having success imo if you are a Steelers fan. Ben is the last one left from the Cowher days.
  • O.G.
    Options

lmao.

Do you need the video on first take. When Kordell compare him to Tebow and how he was handed differently?

I'm not talking about when he got bench

I don't watch BSPN shows.
  • Olorun22
    Options

Don't forget the Bills and Broncos too. All historical greats. Tomlin has lost to Tebow, David Garrard, and the corpse of Peyton Manning in the playoffs. He is 0-5 against his biggest rival over the last couple of seasons who talent wise can't compare to the Steelers.

2009, Week 11: 6-3 Steelers lose to 2-7 Kansas City Chiefs , 27-24. Line: Steelers -11.5
    2009, Week 13: 6-5 Steelers lose to 3-8 Oakland Raiders , 27-24. Line: Steelers -15.0
    2009, Week 14: 6-6 Steelers lose to 1-11 Cleveland Browns , 13-6. Line: Steelers -10.0
    2012, Week 6: 2-2 Steelers lose to 1-4 Tennessee Titans , 26-23. Line: Steelers -6.5
    2012, Week 14: 7-4 Steelers lose to 4-8 San Diego Chargers , 34-24. Line: Steelers -7.5
    2013, Week 4: 0-3 Steelers lose to 0-3 Minnesota Vikings , 34-27. Line: Steelers -3.0
    2014, Week 4: 2-1 Steelers lose to 0-3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers , 27-24. Line: Steelers -7.5
    2014, Week 10: 6-3 Steelers lose to 1-8 New York Jets , 20-13. Line: Steelers -4.0
    2014, Week 13: 7-4 Steelers lose to the 4-7 New Orleans Saints , 35-32. Line: Steelers -3.5
    2015, Week 16: 9-5 Steelers lose to the 4-10 Baltimore Ravens , 20-10. Line: Steelers -10.0

That's 14 losses over six seasons to teams with a combined record of 25-87, which works out to a winning percentage of .195. The Steelers, meanwhile, were 64-46, a winning percentage of .581. The Steelers were also favored in every game.

That's what average coaches do. They fail to get their team ready for games they should win easily.

Watch the game today and tell me what Tomlin does compared to Harbaugh. One will stand there and make cool gestures for the camera while the other will actually be giving and getting input to coaches in his headset while coaching his players up.

You do a great job of saying ? that I'm not even talking about.

You're talking about tomlin being a average coach that can be true. I'm not talking about that why are you making this argument about tomlin being average?

MY WHOLE ARGUMENT WAS ABOUT TERRY BRADSHAW SAYING COWHER IS A GREAT COACH. THAT CAN'T BE TRUE BECAUSE HE HAS WON 1 SB OUT 15 YEAR.
  • O.G.
    Options

You do a great job of saying ? that I'm not even talking about.

You're talking about tomlin being a average coach that can be true. I'm not talking about that why are you making this argument about tomlin being average?

MY WHOLE ARGUMENT WAS ABOUT TERRY BRADSHAW SAYING COWHER IS A GREAT COACH. THAT CAN'T BE TRUE BECAUSE HE HAS WON 1 SB OUT 15 YEAR.

Nowhere in the quote i quoted from you did you mention Terry Bradshaw. ? , any other time TB say's anything it gets dismissed as Bradshaw is an idiot. Now that he brings up a black coach everybody wanna cape for Tomlin. Cowher is not a great coach but he is a lot better than Tomlin. That is my argument. I ride with TB in this argument. I been calling Tomlin a cheerleader as i showed before in previous posts. TB coulda said what he had to say without even mentioning Cowher.
  • O.G.
    Options
    TB is slick getting Steelers fired up to beat the Crows. I see what he is doing. B)
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2016
    Options

I honestly meant to post it in the Falcons thread for those who missed it like myself. I post most of the games in there(about 10 of the games this season).

Truth be told, ppl could actually watch the games of other teams before they talk out of their ass about a team that they don't know ? about.

Watch the tape, then comment instead of listening to these ? sports analysis.

It actually happens quite often in this thread.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I went to my home town and missed the game yesterday. I still wanted to see it.

For ppl who missed their team play a game, for whatever reason, and still want to watch them play....here's a link to every team's game. Just scroll to the bottom and select the squad.

Also for those who actually want to know wtf they're talking about when they speak on other teams.....you can watch the game instead of highlights here.

Maybe this can cause a slight decrease of ? comments in the cheapseats. Maybe

http://www.nflfullhd.com/cincinnati-bengals-vs-houston-texans-24-dec-2016/
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Truth be told. The only reason i keep posting is bcuz the in-laws are downstairs and i don't want to see them.

Aight, Aight I get it now lol.. we good bro
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comcast bout to get blown up. Cable went out for awhile and they talking bout at tech can come Tuesday. Now that ? back on after coming back and going out again on game day. Then that fool talking bout go Steelers smh

Get it done today Ravens after all this ?