Hot 97 | Joe Budden Interview, Budden Walks Out On Ebro

Options

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically they mad he did a joint podcast with brilliant idiots? They're saying he didn't invite Marisa for that podcast but would they(hot 97) have let her do it either way? I'm glad she's off the podcast, her bird stories wasn't needed.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    "Look who has a bunch of new people around"

What kind of hoe ? is that...this ? jumped out there with the Amber ? and been queening ever since

That ? spending too much platonic time around women or something

He wear being friends with Amber Rose like a badge of honor or like its some sort of accomplishment.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Budden is the Katt Williams of hip-hop at this point.
  • s3nterocks
    s3nterocks Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    After watching it, I have to say that the way they treated Joe Budden was ? disgusting. Mad unprofessional, and condescending. Especially since most of their points were to say how they were his friends and were and only want the best for him. Even if Joe was 100% in the wrong regarding what transpired between Peter and Marissa, they should've had enough integrity to not act like they did. What happens to the days where the interviewer knew people were essentially tunning in to hear the guests?
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ebro wanted to talk about the Drake beef, then admitted that he didn't listen to the diss tracks. I see why mainstream radio is a dying medium. I'm thoroughly disgusted by this interview. If they like Marisa so much why don't they hire her? Why don't they give Laura Styles more airtime? She's technically the only New Yorker on the show.

They knew that Joe Budden was an unstable artist. If you chose to give him a podcast that's on you. All the risks associated with that are your problems. NY radio is so ? .
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Joe was dodging the ? outta the questions they were trying to ask.

He knew that they would talk about all this ? if he went up there.
    He knew they wouldn't just focus on his album. Because that's not what the "Joe Budden Brand" is.

They caught him in a moment that he could have cleared up with all parties involved right then and there publically and he wanted no parts. But what happens in his brand is that he would publically address it elsewhere, like in his raps or in Twitter or on a podcast, and you get his side only.

And they only proved that he was doing exactly what Drake* does in regards to using people and ? .

He handled that whole ? wrong.

Yeah Joe once again got caught in a situation where he realized he's not the only smart person in the room and he can't manipulate the conversation so get got frustrated. I hate Rosenberg but he has a point in this interview about Joe Budden dodging the ? out of the questions. I don't thing you can say from this interview whether he's doing well or not, but it's clear what happens when he can't control the conversation in the room, he doesn't know how to react. Same thing happened on the Brilliant Idiots podcast when they wouldn't let him dodge questions they were asking him.

I've noticed it from the podcast....he's ok when he's the loudest in the room and holding court....but if someone stays calm and sticks to the point, he gets flustered....they always say he's good at debating but I don't hear it

Needless to say I'm excited for rage...before the disses the two snippets that were played were fire, if the rest of the album like those watch out...leave the disses off the album
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol i just saw 30 secs but man if you gonna walk out bounce dude dappin people on his way out lol
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And WTF @ them being seemly shocked and mocking Joe/joking that they were suppose to, wait for it.... talk about Joe's album and how the music was made!!!

Surely thats what hip hop radio station DJ's and interviewers are suppose to do??? IMO that shows what they are really about, trolling and selling controversy...

I cant stand HOT97 these days, I cant believe how they gone from being the GOATS in the 90s and early 00's to this...
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Peter Rosenberg is just a punch able person. Hate this ? on hot 97 and hate this ? on ESPN.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't ever hire friends to do anything for you
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can somebody give me the time they brought up the breakfast club?
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Kola wrote: »
    Can somebody give me the time they brought up the breakfast club?

It's in the last 5 mins of the video.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this is what radio has come to? Yo, I for one was cool with radio cats not kissing ass when a rapper came up to the show...But this ? is crazy... These mofos really believe that they are more important than the artists.....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I skimmed through it but it seems Joey was bought there to be ambushed with two subjects, Drake and this Marisa chick... Ive never heard Joey's podcast...

The whole interview (hot97) seemed crazy biased, something I feel Power105 really do well (remaining unbiased)...
    s3nterocks wrote: »
    After watching it, I have to say that the way they treated Joe Budden was ? disgusting. Mad unprofessional, and condescending. Especially since most of their points were to say how they were his friends and were and only want the best for him. Even if Joe was 100% in the wrong regarding what transpired between Peter and Marissa, they should've had enough integrity to not act like they did. What happens to the days where the interviewer knew people were essentially tunning in to hear the guests?

Hot97 definitely has their biases and they generally are on some ? ? ...but this time their ? ? and Joe being a ? ? just made for a terrible interview. Joe doesn't know how to react when he can't control the convo and the Hot97 dj's clearly had topics they wanted to discuss that had nothing to do with Joe's new music. At the very least tell Joe that's what you bringing him up there to discuss, but let's not act like Joe handled that ? well either.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    Damn this is what radio has come to? Yo, I for one was cool with radio cats not kissing ass when a rapper came up to the show...But this ? is crazy... These mofos really believe that they are more important than the artists.....

That is my only issue with this ? , and I have to agree.

Radio personalities really believe they´re more important than the artists today and are in need of a reality check, they´re not groundbreaking news or stories or even artists, acting like they doing legendary ish, smh...

And this goes out to all the radio stations, power105 too, charlamagne also claiming to not be interested in doing an interview with Birdman, like who the ? is he?? We´re all aware of what happened, but I don´t see why he should even partake in that kind of decision-making, givin these radio personalities way to much power.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically they mad he did a joint podcast with brilliant idiots? They're saying he didn't invite Marisa for that podcast but would they(hot 97) have let her do it either way? I'm glad she's off the podcast, her bird stories wasn't needed.

That was the best episode of "I'll name this Podcast Later" has had. I can't listen to a regular Joe podcast it's just a laugh at anything Joe says fest.
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    "Look who has a bunch of new people around"

What kind of hoe ? is that...this ? jumped out there with the Amber ? and been queening ever since

That ? spending too much platonic time around women or something

Agree he always in the middle of ? ? ,he like that ? friend all these females have and i wish somebody would punch Ebro in his ? one time
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    a_list wrote: »

That is my only issue with this ? , and I have to agree.

Radio personalities really believe they´re more important than the artists today and are in need of a reality check, they´re not groundbreaking news or stories or even artists, acting like they doing legendary ish, smh...

And this goes out to all the radio stations, power105 too, charlamagne also claiming to not be interested in doing an interview with Birdman, like who the ? is he?? We´re all aware of what happened, but I don´t see why he should even partake in that kind of decision-making, givin these radio personalities way to much power.

That ? started when Hot97 djs started getting record deals themselves....that's really where the shift in their culture began
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait how did marrisa get fired?
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »

Joe claimed it was because of this:

Mark 22:00, dont listen to none of the dumb ? before or after i felt like i was listening to some hoes gossipin some of the dumbest ? ever.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »

Joe claimed it was because of this:

Mark 22:00, dont listen to none of the dumb ? before or after i felt like i was listening to some hoes gossipin some of the dumbest ? ever.

I dont know anybody personally but Rosenberg seems to be on that talk ? about somebody whos ass u been kissing. U can tell joe is an ass toward whoever allows it. Keyword 'allows'.

Rosenberg likes gettin ? on he probably cant wait to make up.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Rosenberg all emotional, besides not hollering at Merisa about the firing he did nothing wrong, unless there is more to this story that is yet to be revealed.