Amazon Fire TV/KODI

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one, that ? make u wanna punch somethin.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    anyone use realdebrid links?

I got a 3 month membership that's almost up. The links are usually good, but you don't really need it. I only used it cause it had a lot of 4K movies that I could only watch with Real Debrid.

I used to pay like 10 euros a month for an uploaded account, so paying like 16 for 6 months and getting access to all the providers is a sweet deal to me.

I'm going to stick with it because i'd rather have those direct 1080p links on the likes of exodus and alpha reborn than have to settle for lower rips.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo, Kodi gang....

How you get subtitles to work? I mean I was watching Assassin Creed but didn't have a clue what ? was saying when they warped back to the old world...

Anyone?
  • Stew
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Ayo, Kodi gang....

How you get subtitles to work? I mean I was watching Assassin Creed but didn't have a clue what ? was saying when they warped back to the old world...

Anyone?

Hit the 3 Lines button on the remote during the show, go down to where the pause/stop options are and scroll over to the right there will be an option there to enable them.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ayo, Kodi gang....

Anyone?

what stew said, or scroll across your browser bar and go to download subtitles, but the default opensubtitle add on tends to ? up quite a bit, plus the subs aint always great, if you want to set it up properly go into the main settings and then i think in the video section there should be an option for subtitles, if you click on that and wait for the dialogue to come up it'll give you an option to get more providers, the best imo is subscene (i think that's what it's called) set that as your default option and you should be good to go.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks fellas, ima test it when I get home.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Ayo, Kodi gang....

Anyone?

what stew said, or scroll across your browser bar and go to download subtitles, but the default opensubtitle add on tends to ? up quite a bit, plus the subs aint always great, if you want to set it up properly go into the main settings and then i think in the video section there should be an option for subtitles, if you click on that and wait for the dialogue to come up it'll give you an option to get more providers, the best imo is subscene (i think that's what it's called) set that as your default option and you should be good to go.

I'm doing this when I get home, just like @DNB1 I had to cut assassin creed off til I figured out how to get subs to work.
  • Stew
    Options
    I'm watchin Narcos at the moment and none of the ? HD channels have subtitles and some others u can use the firestick joints but you have to adjust them with the show cause theyre mad off. I'm just settling for the regular picture that actually has them built into the show like they should be. ? is wack.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo, Kodi gang....

Anyone?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PDbLKOaNX-E
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No!!!!
    NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stew
    Options
    I'm using Mrs Kodi right now *shrugs*
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope all of us dont get the boot
  • wilberdmillz
    edited April 2017
    Options
    so we go act like this aint aprils fools day? I been on Kodi all morning
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so we go act like this aint aprils fools day? I been on Kodi all morning

They been saying ylthat you can't upload it to any new devices. If you already got it you good..... shrugs I don't know when I got the YouTube vid from the chick I checked mine out and I was good
  • Stew
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

So what does this mean for us that installed it using ES explorer?
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »

So what does this mean for us that installed it using ES explorer?

Nothing. I used that method on a friends firestick this past weekend. If Kodi gives you issues and you decide to do a fresh install you'll have to use the method Caddo posted. I used ES explorer to install kodi on my original firestick but deleted it now that it can't be used to install Kodi.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well, anybody get the prompt for krypton 17.1?

17.0 hasnt worked for me the last two days

i'ma d/l 17.1 and see if that fixes it but basically they are saying that a bunch of the servers are now adding the s in https and that the 17.1 is the only version that recognizes these

i may have said something incorrectly tho
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got a message saying that i need to update my version of Kodi because the old version won't be supported,but the

current version is still working for me.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    I'm not updating from 16.1 until it starts giving m problems.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol

i was getting problems b/c of the post i just made

i havent had an issue since
  • Stew
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

lol

i was getting problems b/c of the post i just made

i havent had an issue since

Same.
  • dasmooth1
    dasmooth1 Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    well, anybody get the prompt for krypton 17.1?

17.0 hasnt worked for me the last two days

i'ma d/l 17.1 and see if that fixes it but basically they are saying that a bunch of the servers are now adding the s in https and that the 17.1 is the only version that recognizes these

i may have said something incorrectly tho

a few of my sports streams for UK football (soccer) on SportsDevil have stopped working recently. Maybe this is why? Movies and TV shows on Exodus still been working fine though