Mic check!The idiocy of mumble rappers! He's speaking facts!

Options

Comments

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    We are just going through another cycle of rappers who think they're bigger than the genre. Remember all that ? with Jeezy and others saying "I'm not a rapper" We will see what Yachty is doing 5 years from now. These dudes are really treating hiphop like a summer job man. Work a little bit and see what they can get before they get quit or get fired lol.

Beanie Sigel was the first on that "I'm not a rapper" ? .
  • Listencloser
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cooked them wack ass mumbling rappers......FUTURE. ? you!
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't listen to these new rappers only the exception of Migos but the rest rappers are asinine. Often, I'll catch some of my 80s babies riding to their music & I'm like "how are your ears tolerate enough to ride to these niccas music? We came up with Ball & MJG, Outkast, UGK, Dayton Family, Three 6 & etc.........you know when artists were rapping about real life shss, you know like things an average person can relate to". Most of these new rappers music have an expiration date on them; give me my On Top Of The World, Atliens, Ridin ? , The Diary, 400 Degrees (just to name a few) & I can ride forever. Them records came out over 20 years ago & they still sound like that they were released yesterday..........timeless
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are just going through another cycle of rappers who think they're bigger than the genre. Remember all that ? with Jeezy and others saying "I'm not a rapper" We will see what Yachty is doing 5 years from now. These dudes are really treating hiphop like a summer job man. Work a little bit and see what they can get before they get quit or get fired lol.

Actually it was 2nd II None that said that in the early 90's on Yo, MTV Raps
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shawty lo's units in the city was actually a decent album imo
  • Listencloser
    Options

Never heard of that ? so I'm a give Beans the credit.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I shudder at how bad the rappers are going to sound that are currently being influenced by Lil Yachty.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never heard of that ? so I'm a give Beans the credit.

2nd II None is a group
  • Listencloser
    edited August 2016
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I shudder at how bad the rappers are going to sound that are currently being influenced by Lil Yachty.

Everything is cyclical. 10 years from now little ? will reject ignorant rap and think they invented multi-syllable rhymes, metaphors and coherent concepts.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh he hating

rzgbnd1w3xsx.jpg
    Whoever made this needs 2 be shot
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    Lil Yachty has got to be the dumbest rap name ever. Can we all agree on that?
    And I swear 2 ? ? he's a ? ? . Like literally he's mentally challenged. He one of those cats when the bell rang and everyone went 2 a different class dude stated in the same room all day lol
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    Future started this ?

Na the birth of this ? was way before him. We shoulda all saw this coming in like 06. That's the worst year in hip hop I can remember, it's like lyrics just stopped mattering for most people.

I saw somewhere that the reason Yachty even wanted to "rap in the first place is cuz he idolized Soulja Boy. That lets us know all we need to know about him and ? like him.

We came up in the golden era in the 90's and early 2000's and got to listen to Hov, Nas, Big, Pac, Outkast, Pun, Early Kanye, etc.

These clowns today grew up listening to Shawty Lo, Soulja Boy and a bunch of other garbage rappers I can't even remember anymore.

Hopefully the cycle goes back around to when the music and lyrics matter but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.
    I peeped an interview of his and the ? on the show (who had some of the nicest ? I done seen) asked if he knew who Gangstarr was. Dude had no idea who Guru or Premier was smfh
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Everything is cyclical. 10 years from now little ? will reject ignorant rap and think they invented multi-syllable rhymes, metaphors and coherent concepts.

I don't see that happening to be honest. ? has been getting progressively worse.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I can't listen to these new rappers only the exception of Migos but the rest rappers are asinine. Often, I'll catch some of my 80s babies riding to their music & I'm like "how are your ears tolerate enough to ride to these niccas music? We came up with Ball & MJG, Outkast, UGK, Dayton Family, Three 6 & etc.........you know when artists were rapping about real life shss, you know like things an average person can relate to". Most of these new rappers music have an expiration date on them; give me my On Top Of The World, Atliens, Ridin ? , The Diary, 400 Degrees (just to name a few) & I can ride forever. Them records came out over 20 years ago & they still sound like that they were released yesterday..........timeless
    I bump every album you mentioned at least once a week. All classics in my book.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing but truth. Every genre of music takes intelligence. In rock/jazz/blues/country you have to be able to play an instrument or sing. In hip hop, you have to be able to rhyme. It was all talent. But this news generation of mumblers are a reflection of the audience. Read a Facebook timeline. These ? and ? can't even spell, no wonder these rappers are hot.

Despite my dislike for most of these lazy mumble rappers like Future Luther King and Lil Vert Uzi Yachty Boat, it is not as easy as it looks. Think about it only a few ? in the world make decent money off mumble rap. The rest of them are in the bushes of their local town within a few months. There are still elements you need to be the top ? mumble rapper. And lets not forget about Desiigner the gawd who is dope as ? .

Also as far as other genres there are many artists who can't sing well or have lyrics written for them 90% of the time (country music) or make a song off 3 chords. And to top it all off the best technical Jazz and Rock and Blues artists tend to be the least popular. Those who appear to a mainstream simplified version of their genre are the most popular.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

I love Ball and G and Three Six as well as alot of other older rappers but let's be real Alot of that ? wasn't reparable to the average person at all. ? was still trying to be super thugs in the 90s and early 2000s. ? even Hov gets clowned for the "lost 92 bricks" line. Juvenile admittedly wasn't a street ? but his albums full of gun toting dope slanging rhymes. And I say that as someone who smoked a blunt last night listening to Take Them 5 and Something Gotta Shake from Tha G Code album on repeat because they still sound dope til this day.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    As for these new rappers Idk who the ? Yachty is but I saw somebody refer to a rapper as Lil Boat and I wanted to know when a ? decided to name himself after ? ?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You done disrespected these young ? favorite rappers.

good
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just hate the ? period and I hate it when ? post Instagram videos of chicks twerking to this ? . the girl can be as sexy as she wants but when I hear that ? mumbling man it just kills the mode. somebody posted one in adhd earlier this morning. don't tell me they play that ? in the stripclubs
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said that myself lol. I also can't wait to see if these dudes are going to be performing these songs in 10 years
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt even know who Lil Yachty was till i came in this thread.

I wish i still didn't...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    At the end of the day it should be a basic level of rapping somebody is able to do to get on. A lot of these guys out now aren't even able to do that.

And while it's true I don't wanna hear Immortal Technique or MF Doom type raps in the club. All the party songs we knew and loved growing up.. they weren't spitting their hardest bars ever but they still were actually rapping.

It has nothing to do with the raps, it's the beat that matters. A lot of those reggae dudes be spittin' on the low lol.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    shawty lo's units in the city was actually a decent album imo

haa