SHOWTIME'S "Shameless" Season 7 (Starts 10.2)

Options

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    So I'm assuming that's the way Ian is being written out of the show.

Good.

I'm tired of having to cover my eyes for all that ? ? .
  • deadeye
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I feel like business property in Chicago (laundrymat or not) should be way more than $80,000 or even $160,000

I'm thinking if Fiona really pressed she could've sold it for $200,000.......but she really just lucked up because Margo thought she knew more than she really did.
  • deadeye
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • deadeye
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • deadeye
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please world dont let this be the last season. #10seasonsandamovie!
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    So I'm assuming that's the way Ian is being written out of the show.

So we hope

dogandboypraying.gif
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm on Season 2.

This ? is insane
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/shameless-star-emmy-rossum-demands-equal-pay-more-season-8-954582

'Shameless' Star Emmy Rossum Demands Equal Pay (and More) for Season 8 (Exclusive)

the veteran Showtime dramedy.
    Shameless actress Emmy Rossum is locked in a pay standoff that is holding up a possible eighth season of the popular Showtime dramedy.

Rossum, 30, who stars as the young Gallagher family matriarch Fiona on the hit series, not only is seeking salary parity with co-star William H. Macy, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter she is taking the position she should be paid more per-episode than Macy makes after years of earning much less than her Emmy-nominated co-star.

Macy, 66, who stars as drug and alcohol addict Frank Gallagher, recently renegotiated his deal with producer Warner Bros. Television for the yet-to-be announced eighth season and scored a raise that sources say puts his salary in the upper echelon of cable dramas. Now Rossum is seeking a similar deal — and to make more than Macy. The cast's last renegotiation a few years ago gave raises to all the main members of the ensemble. But Macy, who came into Shameless with an extensive film resume and an Oscar nomination for his role in Fargo, always has been paid more than the rest of the cast.

Warner Bros. TV and Showtime declined comment.

It's worth noting that Shameless nearly has killed off Macy's Frank character, most recently wrapping season six with a cliffhanger in which he was thrown over a bridge into the Chicago River. (He survived.) On the flip side, Rossum's Fiona often has been the focal point of the series. Fiona, who is Frank's eldest daughter, is charged with overseeing the Gallagher household and her five siblings. Unlike in the British series on which the drama from producer John Wells is based, Fiona plays a key role in every episode. The U.K. Fiona (Anne-Marie Duff) only has appeared as a regular in seasons one and two and recurred in season 11. (The U.K. Frank, played by David Threlfall, has been a regular in all 11 seasons.)

In its seventh season, Shameless has become a key piece of Showtime's original scripted lineup. The drama has pulled off the rare feat of airing twice in the same calendar year (this year) in a bid to fill the originals gap created by Homeland's delay to early 2017. Shameless also is a key asset for Warner Bros. TV, which is attempting to sell more series to premium cable outlets as broadcast networks buy from their vertically aligned studios. But while the U.S. adaptation is a hit stateside, because it is based on a format it does not sell well internationally, limiting its value.

On the awards side, Macy has scored three best actor in a comedy series Emmy nominations, a Critics Choice drama actor nom, a Golden Globe comedy actor nom, two SAG comedy actor noms and one win in the latter. Awards season recognition can play a key role in salary renegotiations. Rossum, who was known for the feature film reboots of Phantom of the Opera and The Day After Tomorrow before breaking out in Shameless, has scored two Critics Choice best actress nominations for her work as Fiona. This season, Rossum made her directorial debut.

Sources say if Rossum closes her deal, producer WBTV then will renegotiate with the remainder of the cast, including Jeremy Allen White (Lip), Cameron Monaghan (Ian) and Steve Howey (Kevin). If she can't close a deal, Showtime could choose to renew the show without her or cancel it.

In its seventh season, Shameless is a top five cable drama among total viewers, adults 18-49 as well as adults 18-34. Shameless, along with Homeland, ranks as Showtime's longest-running scripted original. They are part of a roster of hourlong shows that also includes The Affair, Billions and Ray Donovan. Set to join that roster in 2017 are Twin Peaks, Jim Carrey-produced I'm Dying Up Here, Daniel Craig starrer Purity and John Ridley's Idris Elba mini Guerrilla. This past year, Showtime bid farewell to dramas Masters of Sex, Roadies and Penny Dreadful.

Rossum has become the latest actress to demand equal pay with her male co-stars. House of Cards star Robin Wright threatened to go public if she didn't get parity with Kevin Spacey on the Netflix drama. "There are very few films or TV shows where the male, the patriarch, and the matriarch are equal. And they are in House of Cards," she said in May. "I was looking at the statistics and Claire Underwood's character was more popular than [Frank's] for a period of time. So I capitalized on it. I was like, 'You better pay me or I’m going to go public.' And they did."
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Rossum is damn crazy. Macy has years of experience on her and he is the highlight of the show. She deserves a raise like the rest eo, but It makes sense for macy to get paid the most. Dude doesn't need this show at all. Would be making way more doing movies but he seems to like the job on the show and it's amazing he stuck around so long.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Damn I can't believe it.

Monica is dead.

Mickey made it across the border without Ian.

Good episode.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Carl is coming back for the season finale.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Man.. I'm not one to enjoy watching ? ? , but seeing mickey and Ian leave like that was sad af. They been through a ? load of ? and were always there for eachother. Was really strong of Ian to make that realization though and go back. Atleast mickey made it across though so who knows, with his connections he can always make and appearance here and there.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Looking forward to franks downward spiral hes about to take

Scust at Kevin

Ian shoulda left that was lame

Mickeys final scene being in drag is kinda ? up but kinda fits at the same time
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I haven't seen any of this season...gonna wait til it's over to binge...

Is it good? Like has it dipped in quality this season from it being on so long?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    As far as emmy rossum wanting her pay.....at this point in the series I don't see why she shouldn't be making as much as Macy. If either one of them left the show, it'd be a completely different series....her character is just as important as frank as the head of the household. The other characters, not so much. She crazy if she think she should get more tho.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season been good.Shameless is always randomly great

Daaaamn Monica.I liked her milfy ass

cat lady had to go

I was wondering when Fiona would be a hoe.She ain't had ? all season.

When did Fiona become a real estate rain man?

Lip is on the wrong route.

I thought Ian was on the wrong route.I had to turn my head most of their scenes.

Kev out of control.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Kev..? desperate times call for desperate measures
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as emmy rossum wanting her pay.....at this point in the series I don't see why she shouldn't be making as much as Macy. If either one of them left the show, it'd be a completely different series....her character is just as important as frank as the head of the household. The other characters, not so much. She crazy if she think she should get more tho.

Season been ok

I def miss the earlier years. They were better

But after 6 seasons in i am stuck on till it ends. And the end seems near

? next week could be the final ep ever if Fiona dont get paid
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Season been ok

I def miss the earlier years. They were better

But after 6 seasons in i am stuck on till it ends
    . And the end seems near

? next week could be the final ep ever if Fiona dont get paid

My sentiments exactly. Season hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been great either. I'm ready for it to end and for them to start up next season. It most likely will be the last one though.

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Season been good.Shameless is always randomly great

Daaaamn Monica.I liked her milfy ass

cat lady had to go

I was wondering when Fiona would be a hoe.She ain't had ? all season.

When did Fiona become a real estate rain man?

Lip is on the wrong route.

I thought Ian was on the wrong route.I had to turn my head most of their scenes.

Kev out of control.

-She was taking Tinder ? left and right at the beginning until that one guy gave her that talk and she got on her business ? .

-As much as I love this show the way they continually push the ? agenda when it's not necessary is annoying as ? . Kevin is a ? for pay stripper now. GTFOH

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • black caesar
    Options
    I haven't seen any of this season...gonna wait til it's over to binge...

Is it good? Like has it dipped in quality this season from it being on so long?

Season has been good.