Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    talking to a uk nigerian here in swiss.

he is proud the dudes took a knee and they see it as unprecedented.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Dale Jr. been the only NASCAR CaC worth a ? . He still living off his daddy's legacy though.

And lol @ Trump applauding NASCAR for this ? . It literally means nothing for them to say that. They are a sport by and for Rednecks. I'm pretty sure kneeling in support of a black cause was never going to be an issue for them.

yall think ill get my ass beat if i go back to charlotte and kneel with a dale jr shirt on during the next race?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dale Jr. been the only NASCAR CaC worth a ? . He still living off his daddy's legacy though.

And lol @ Trump applauding NASCAR for this ? . It literally means nothing for them to say that. They are a sport by and for Rednecks. I'm pretty sure kneeling in support of a black cause was never going to be an issue for them.

yall think ill get my ass beat if i go back to charlotte and kneel with a dale jr shirt on during the next race?

Call up @Cain before you do; so he can come through with the block
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU3v7ZxNsqE

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/stuart-varney-nfl-players-are-biting-the-hand-that-feeds-them/
    Stuart Varney: NFL Players ‘Are Biting the Hand That Feeds Them’

Fox Business Network’s Stuart Varney took aim Monday morning at NFL players protesting police brutality by kneeling during the pre-game national anthem.

“A sporting event is not the place for politics,” Varney declared in his opener (one wonders what the anchor thinks of John Carlos and Tommie Smith).

“And it is certainly not the place to disrespect our flag and the anthem,” the naturalized American continued, before reading a tweet from President Donald Trump that claimed the “issue of kneeling is not about race.”

“I think he’s right,” Varney said. “How many millions of people just want to watch football and intensely annoyed when the left turns a game into a divisive show of disrespect?”

And then, Varney adopted the frequently deployed argument that NFL players should just be grateful for what they have, phrasing the point…curiously:

“The players are biting hand that feeds them,” he said. “They are hurting the sport that feeds them.”

Varney did then break with Trump, however, claiming that “the president was wrong to use inflammatory language,” when he referred to a player taking the knee as a “son of a ? ” in a Friday night rally.

Varney’s problem with Trump’s rhetoric? “It turned players into First Amendment martyrs.”

The Fox Business anchor wrapped up his opener by complaining that “everything is political these days,” before launching into his three hour politics talk show.

Another Faux News anchor appealing to their white supremacist audience.. Only thing missing from his rant was the phrase “uppity negroes”.. I’m surprised he couldn’t work that in there his audience would’ve loved it...
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rk98Fb5urA

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-evangelical-adviser-plays-? -card-on-anthem-protests-jesus-said-to-respect-government/
    Trump Evangelical Adviser Plays ? Card on Anthem Protests: Jesus Said to ‘Respect’ Government

President Donald Trump’s evangelical adviser Robert Jeffress seems to have a walkie-talkie to ? — the megachurch pastor has weighed-in on behalf of the Lord when discussing nuking North Korea, deporting undocumented immigrants, and now, respecting the national anthem.

While appearing on Fox News — where he’s a paid contributor — Jeffress claimed Jesus disagrees with NFL players who protest the national anthem, as He would tell them to “respect” the government.

Jeffress’ full comments came during a Fox & Friends segment where he paraphrased the Bible verse Matthew 22:21:

Many of these players claim to be strong Christians, and I believe they are, and I think they ought to remember what Jesus said. Jesus said render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars and unto ? the things that are ? ’s. We have a responsibility toward our government. We owe our government, not just our taxes, but our respect and our prayers — and I think that needs to be kept in mind in all of this discussion.”

The Southern Baptist preacher also said that he believes these players are “absolutely wrong,” adding that he thinks “tens of millions” of Americans agree with Trump’s comments on national anthem protesters — comments where the president called pro-athletes SOBs and demanded they lose their jobs.

Additionally, Jeffress stressed that Trump “is not a racist” — a customary phrase whenever the president’s surrogates appear on cable news. “This is not about race, it’s about respect of country,” insisted Jeffress.

The white man using the white man’s religion to justify the mistreatment of black folks.. That’s the AmeriKKKa way...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Trump said it's not about race and they immediately get on code. I wish black people can get on code like that.

Hard for so many to get on code when they don't have one.

only code most ? know is the code of the streets.

an most dont even live by that
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    What's fascinating to me is how Jerry Jones of the Cowboys made clear to the team that NONE of them are to even think of kneeling during the anthem and they all obeyed. How you have millions of dollars but no power?

cuz ? dont wanna give up the lifestyle.....

even if the shaky brain ? hits em
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thats a false code to but on to what i wanted to say

White people think that politics is seasonal.. Politics is everyday and affects all like White Supremacy

"apolitical" is a myth if you exist you participate..whether you know it or not.. im not just talking about the ballot
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black folks just need to continue reading through the rhetoric of these racists. white's continue to talk about our american ancestors being disrespected. Again, this is code for bowing down to whites, accepting their culture, traditions and definitions of patriotism. When the FACT of the matter is, BLACK AMERICAN ancestry is littered with activists who fought against, slavery, racism, police brutality, educational and financial inequality.

whites are telling Blacks to say forget and ? off to, Harriet Tubman, Jack Johnson, Paul Roberson, Nat Turner, Muhammed Ali, Malcolm, Martin, Evers, Douglass, Garvey etc etc. They are telling us to disrespect our Black ancestors and Embrace racist Slave owners, white supremacists, traitors, murderers, and rapists. whites will never accept\respect our ancestors so, there's no reason why we should respect theirs.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    What's fascinating to me is how Jerry Jones of the Cowboys made clear to the team that NONE of them are to even think of kneeling during the anthem and they all obeyed. How you have millions of dollars but no power?

cuz ? dont wanna give up the lifestyle.....

even if the shaky brain ? hits em

And that's the most ? up part about it

They out there LITERALLY killing themselves for the ? team and for the league and this old white billionaire got the audacity to tell them when they can and can't protest?? And then they oblige?? ? is disgraceful
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    man im fukking ? .

so these ? ready to pop bottles and rent yachts and blindside ? but cant stand for injustice?

im boycotting for them not boycotting.

how these ? 250lb ? ?

how the white boy on the steelers got more heart than these inner city ? ?

these ? need to cut they dreads or put they ? in a bun and wear tight pants and push up bras and twerk for change.

im offended.

them shooters in toronto who killed drakes homie got more heart.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Black people are (slowly) seeing things for what they are Trump's presidency is causing this....

Phase 1 is close to being complete. Phase 2 is the politicians actually doing things for black people in order to get the black vote, no more dance a jig that's not enough anymore. Trump's presidency is doing exactly what it needed to do for black people and it's waking us up.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people are (slowly) seeing things for what they are Trump's presidency is causing this....

False

Black ppl been seeing it.

Over the last 15 years you seen a movement. Unless you just choose to ignore it. But ppl been doing this bruh.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

black people been seen it...they seen this ? in the 60s

problem is its more ? now.

how we get more money but turn more ? made?

how we get to own land but can still be told to sit yo ass down.

Maaaaaaaaaaan

if a black chick come up to me today and say ....this is why i date white men....fukk im gonna say?

these ? give up power but quick to flex.

part time thug ass ? .

these ? need to be called out

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Truthfully IMO that remains to be seen.

For the 2nd part. Better late than never but a black person would have to have been willfully ignorant to not feel a way and notice all this ? until trump got in office.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Truthfully IMO that remains to be seen.

For the 2nd part. Better late than never but a black person would have to have been willfully ignorant to not feel a way and notice all this ? until trump got in office.

Sad state of affairs is some people bask in willful ignorance..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

False

Black ppl been seeing it.

Over the last 15 years you seen a movement. Unless you just choose to ignore it. But ppl been doing this bruh.

? been used to covert racists in high positions and we got lulled to sleep. The affects of benign neglect. Trump's overt racism is finally waking us up to see the bigger.