Trump vs Hillary Debate Round 1

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hillary isn't "dangerous" she's just status quo. There's nothing really gained or lost.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hilary has a some very poor spots on her track record and has had proven lapses in integrity and competence while holding the Office of Secretary of State.

She also supported her husbands Crime Bill which was charged with racism and not properly vetted to consider the racial implications for minorities in inner city communities.

However, I think she is about as racist as the average suburban Housewife. Not on a conscious and insidious level. I don't think she has a white hood in her closet like many of make it out to be.

And y'all can pretend that she was the only person in political history to house her emails on a private server. Bet money it's been done before numerous times. Doesn't make it any less irresponsible - but it does put perspective on the collective effort to vilify her for it. As if it is an unthinkable act that had never been done before.

Let's face it some of y'all ? just don't LIKE Hilary.

Well I don't LIKE her, either. But, "liking the candidate" should have little to nothing to do with said candidate becoming president of the United States. We aren't picking friends, here. We are electing an official into the highest office in the world.

I agree, she isn't the strongest candidate we could have.

But I can't sit here and pretend that she is anywhere close to Trump in terms of her unfitness to run this country.

IMO, that's just being disengenous and irresponsible.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Hillary isn't "dangerous" she's just status quo. There's nothing really gained or lost.

The reason Trump has made it as far as he has is because of the status quo. How far do we have to drop before people realize there needs to be a change?
  • jono
    edited September 2016
    Options

The reason Trump has made it as far as he has is because of the status quo. How far do we have to drop before people realize there needs to be a change?

Mostly everybody knows it needs to change but nobody has decided in what way or who will lead.

Republicans and Democrats are unhappy with the system.

So "change" is the bone to fight over.

Bernie offered change but we see how that went. Ron Paul repeatedly tried to change things we see how that went. Now I'm not saying either man was the right man or that their ideas are ideal but they had fresh ideas and were shunned by the mainstream.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mostly everybody knows it needs to change but nobody has decided in what way or who will lead.

Bernie offered change but we see how that went. Ron Paul repeatedly tried to change things we see how that went. Now I'm not saying either man was the right man or that their ideas are ideal but they had fresh ideas and were shunned by the mainstream.

I wouldve voted gor Ron..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Their ideas weren't really fresh. Bernie was saying what progressives been saying, and Ron Paul be kicking the Libertarian ideas that are completely illogical once looked at outside of the lab. Both had ideas that were impossible to get through congress or couldn't work once you look at the details.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Well a start would be a break from the loyalty to the two party system. If we couldn't get serious consideration for a viable third party this time, when will we ever?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If ? actually paid attention, Hillary took the most plausible aspects of Bernie's vision and incorporated it into the Democratic platform.

• Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why people act like Democrat or Republican are the only 2 options to choose from

I can tell who never voted and/or follow media trends

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

Their ideas weren't really fresh. Bernie was saying what progressives been saying, and Ron Paul be kicking the Libertarian ideas that are completely illogical once looked at outside of the lab. Both had ideas that were impossible to get through congress or couldn't work once you look at the details.

It's not completely about the ideas. The ideas will be refined through checks and balances.

It's about the people. I don't like Ron Paul but he's a principled dude. Same with Bernie. Anyone can steal your concepts once proven popular.
  • jono
    Options

Well a start would be a break from the loyalty to the two party system. If we couldn't get serious consideration for a viable third party this time, when will we ever?

True but the 2 party system is supported by the 2 parties and the fear that a vote elsewhere puts a worse option in often.

Folks are scared of voting 3rd out of fear Republicans (Trump) will win office and vice versa
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Can you please articulate the "dangers with Hilary" ...

I am curious how they are even comparable to the risks posed by Trump.

She's a proven liar and will say whatever as long as it furthers her goal. We've already seen what lies can do.

She's in the pockets of corporations and other high profile/money players, so she's going to put their interests over those of the American people.

And unlike Trump, who many in his own party think is an idiot, she's smart enough to be able to push an agenda through. Again, most of the ? people believe Trump will do, he won't do because he will never get the support needed to do it. Clinton on the other hand is savvy and knowledgeable enough to get ? pushed through even if it's to the detriment of everyone. That makes her more dangerous than Trump in some ways.

But the president picks his team too, has veto power, etc... And the Bush ppl were perfectly willing to act laterally and even illegally. Do YOU think a Gore presidency would have invaded Iraq?

The president is the head of the executive branch. Yes, he's the one that fills that branch in, but the executive is not the only branch. For most major decisions, there has to be some degree of agreement between the executive and legislative branches and Trump will not get support from Congress for most of the bizarre ? he spouts. Also, the reason Bush was able to do a lot of the ? he did is because he had a lot of Congress on his side. Remember, it was heavily Republican at the time and even the Democrats bent to certain things because of the circumstances at play at the time.

As for whether or not Gore would have invaded Iraq, it depends on what is his interests were at the time. Maybe he wouldn't have invaded Iraq. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't have made an equally bad decision that fit his interests that Bush didn't make. That type of speculation is pointless.

So you're going to vote for Trump because he is more incompetent? lol. Ok. He IS a proven liar. About many many things. Even small things. What did Clinton lie about? Emails? lol.

Do ya'll cats not read? Where did I say I was voting for Trump? I said both candidates are terrible. I also acknowledged that Hillary might be the better choice, but she's nothing at all to get excited about.

And if you think those emails are a small thing, then I don't know what to tell you. Again, she committed a federal crime. If I did what she did at my job, I'd be doing time right now. The ? is not trivial.

The FBI disagree but you probably know more about it than them eh?
  • smp4life
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Why people act like Democrat or Republican are the only 2 options to choose from

I can tell who never voted and/or follow media trends

They are the only 2 viable options.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All those pleas he's coping make him look really weak..

He should've hit her with the Goldman Sachs speech thing like Bernie did, but he surely can't call her out on being a corporate shill..
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all negros lost for even watching this ? lol

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Neighborhood sick wit it, Clinton bout to cut wic
    Maybe one of u rich rap niqqaz need to politic..
    - rza before he cooned out on us..

No ? they're lying Algernon, debates are to see who's the better liar..
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Folks are scared of voting 3rd out of fear Republicans (Trump) will win office and vice versa

Yeah, and that's part of the problem.

lol I swear to ? people in this country have no idea how politics and our government works. Again, I know exactly what Hillary did and I know for a fact that if I had done what she did, I would be going to jail. Pretty everyone who works with Classified data knows that ? . It's not a secret, you can come to DC and damn near ask a random person and they will tell you that. The difference between me and the FBI is that I have no stake in telling the truth. The FBI is run by people and some of those people are Clinton loyalists, so of course they aren't going to take an official stance against Clinton.

Y'all need to quit being so ? blind. I wish everyone could spend a week working with/for the Federal government in DC. Then ? like you would never fix your fingers to type this ? . The whole system is corrupt as hell, and everyone in the system ? knows it. Some of the same people walking around singing Clinton's praises hate her ? guts, and I know that for a fact because I've seen them do it. Why? Because she's a ? and she like most of these politicians are only interested in furthering their causes not actually helping people. As soon as some of you start to understand that, you'll see things very differently.

• smp4life
    Options

lol I swear to ? people in this country have no idea how politics and our government works. Again, I know exactly what Hillary did and I know for a fact that if I had done what she did, I would be going to jail. Pretty everyone who works with Classified data knows that ? . It's not a secret, you can come to DC and damn near ask a random person and they will tell you that. The difference between me and the FBI is that I have no stake in telling the truth. The FBI is run by people and some of those people are Clinton loyalists, so of course they aren't going to take an official stance against Clinton.

Y'all need to quit being so ? blind. I wish everyone could spend a week working with/for the Federal government in DC. Then ? like you would never fix your fingers to type this ? . The whole system is corrupt as hell, and everyone in the system ? knows it. Some of the same people walking around singing Clinton's praises hate her ? guts, and I know that for a fact because I've seen them do it. Why? Because she's a ? and she like most of these politicians are only interested in furthering their causes not actually helping people. As soon as some of you start to understand that, you'll see things very differently.

Rice and Powell also not charged. When were you secretary of state? Fact: you weren't. You're just another ? who thinks they know more than everyone else.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does he try to be funny or is that just how he talks? :confused:
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qdpqxvf5qcht.jpg

All I speak is the truth.....nothing more.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rice and Powell also not charged. When were you secretary of state? Fact: you weren't. You're just another ? who thinks they know more than everyone else.

The bold is basically proving his point though. If your a high up enough person you won't get charged with the crime you committed because of who you are.

Say some lower tiered person who worked for Hilary did the same ? they would be fired and charged with the crime they committed.

Powell, Rice and Clinton were only not charged because of who they are not because a crime wasn't committed or the crime isn't worth prosecuting.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    qdpqxvf5qcht.jpg

All I speak is the truth.....nothing more.

When the foundation of the whole system was built and continues to thrive on "evil", is there really any hope to end it from within?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2016
    Options

The laws that Clinton broke weren't put into place until after Powell was out of office and Rice didn't even do what Clinton got in trouble for ? . And no, I don't know more than everyone else, just you in this case.

Get off Hillary's ? man. Your ? ass is over there getting upset about this ? like I'm insulting your mother. The ? lied. Period. Get the ? over it. Stupid ass ? asking me if I've been Secretary of State like you have to be something to know the ? law. You're an idiot.

Go here and educate yourself on this before you talk to me further.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/a-guide-to-clintons-emails/
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? invoked the word spirit of Bernie Mac with that muhfucka...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi2U0xWXJXE&list=PLFbcHNT8GDXIg__Ic9rWmrpuMjrdl5ofP