The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Lmao at the East being weak suddenly being mentioned when Lebron started his run. How long have you cats been watching the NBA? Legit question.

I didn't say it was suddenly weak, I said it was suddenly overly harped on to criticize someone for the first time I can remember, read the whole post not just a piece
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Bruh literally only posts to say how Bron got it easy or isn't this or that

I swear this "weak Eastern conference" ? didn't exist b4 bron

Where you been at? The East been universally looked at weak since MJ retired. Pedestrian Sixer and Net teams were competing for championships until the Pistons came and gave them credibility. Even they were underachievers letting inferior and one man teams end their seasons. It wasn't until Boston built a "super team", Dwight became a star and LeBron became the best in the league that people started taking the East seriously. Even that only lasted for a few years.

No one harped on it or used that excuse against a single player to my knowledge until Bron, it's like when bron became the best ? was like "ikr, only cuz the east so weak". Now we got ? with literally nothing to say but "LeBron run the east cuz it's weak"

The bolded is a got damn lie
    . I remember it being dubbed the "Leastern" conference(I maintain they stole it from me) by ESPN before Lebron started his run.

READ THE WHOLE POST NOT JUST A PIECE!!!

Where you been at? The East been universally looked at weak since MJ retired. Pedestrian Sixer and Net teams were competing for championships until the Pistons came and gave them credibility. Even they were underachievers letting inferior and one man teams end their seasons. It wasn't until Boston built a "super team", Dwight became a star and LeBron became the best in the league that people started taking the East seriously. Even that only lasted for a few years.

No one harped on it or used that excuse against a single player to my knowledge until Bron, it's like when bron became the best ? was like "ikr, only cuz the east so weak". Now we got ? with literally nothing to say but "LeBron run the east cuz it's weak"

But let y'all tell it, ? was hollering, "bruh j. Kidd only look like a great pg on the nets cuz the east weak, he scared to go out west!" Aight bruh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    *sigh* man just ban me a week if u can find where I actually said the east wasn't weak, I'm tired of explaining a simple point lol
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *sigh* man just ban me a week if u can find where I actually said the east wasn't weak, I'm tired of explaining a simple point lol

Bruh they know what you mean, but that would ruin the narrative that Lebron doesn't play against any real competition
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    Lebron would be dominate in any conference.

Agreed

He wouldn't have made 7 straight finals though

Agreed
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    is that the one who scored 100 points in high school

Yea but he only scored 100 because he stayed on his end of the court. Dude never crossed mid court to play defense so all his team did was grab the rebound and threw it down court to him.

Them ? looked like Culpepper & Moss the way they were throwing and catching them long ass bombs.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    “Not that I see,” Wojnarowski said of Paul’s chances of ending up with the Spurs. “I don’t know where that came from. I’ve spent a lot of time around the Spurs this spring. They would have to just tear up that entire payroll. It’s almost unlike anything the Spurs would’ve done or would do to even have a chance at him. I mean, they’d have to really gut the roster. And to do that for a 30-plus year old point guard, who has a couple great years left, there’s no question — I think there’s more pressure on the Clippers to have to re-sign him than for the Spurs to turn their whole franchise over to make a run at him.”

Nope those conference finals jokes are gonna continue

Woj only stated the obvious with his quote and I hope he is 100% right and the Spurs will not do anything crazy like trying to pursue a guy like Chris Paul for the amount of money he is going to demand.

The team needs to keep acquiring young talent to build around Kawhi. Hopefully some of the Euro stash guys pan out and we can find some more underrated/unheralded free agent gems.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “Not that I see,” Wojnarowski said of Paul’s chances of ending up with the Spurs. “I don’t know where that came from. I’ve spent a lot of time around the Spurs this spring. They would have to just tear up that entire payroll. It’s almost unlike anything the Spurs would’ve done or would do to even have a chance at him. I mean, they’d have to really gut the roster. And to do that for a 30-plus year old point guard, who has a couple great years left, there’s no question — I think there’s more pressure on the Clippers to have to re-sign him than for the Spurs to turn their whole franchise over to make a run at him.”

Woj only stated the obvious with his quote and I hope he is 100% right and the Spurs will not do anything crazy like trying to pursue a guy like Chris Paul for the amount of money he is going to demand.

The team needs to keep acquiring young talent to build around Kawhi. Hopefully some of the Euro stash guys pan out and we can find some more underrated/unheralded free agent gems.

I had to put it out there because ppl were getting too excited thinking Paul was gonna stop being a slightly better loser than melo
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

That's part of the reason why they getting blown out by like 50 points lol
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think TMac or somebody said the youngest son was trash anyway
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These kids wanna be Kyrie and Steph so bad but don't realize these they are elite for a reason. They see the highlights and think I can do that too. Which is fine, but they should be focused on the time and effort that's put into their craft.

He's 15, he'll figure it out but that's on the coach. He should've pulled him.
    These other kids not going to sit back and let him fool on them. He got a target on his back and they feel they are just as good as he is.

I won't be surprised if more tapes come out like that.

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just talking to Spurs fans out here it seemed like it was around 60/40 in favor of signing him but the more people realize what thats going to take they're starting to back off on him a little bit.......a lot of them are stuck on trying to bring George Hill back despite the fact that hes 31and still going to demand a lot of money
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The bolded is a got damn lie
    . I remember it being dubbed the "Leastern" conference(I maintain they stole it from me) by ESPN before Lebron started his run.

READ THE WHOLE POST NOT JUST A PIECE!!!

But let y'all tell it, ? was hollering, "bruh j. Kidd only look like a great pg on the nets cuz the east weak, he scared to go out west!" Aight bruh

I read the whole post. You made two claims. I focussed on one. Maybe you used the wrong wording to try to get your point across but that's your fault, not mine. You made the statement that no one "harped" on the east being weak, which simply isn't true and is easily disproved. Your second claim followed the "or" and I chose to not even engage that narrative because I don't fit in that group.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A source from another NBA team (not the Mavs) tells me that there will be “multiple” clubs willing to pay Noel his max once he hits the restricted-free-agent market on July 1. And just so there is no confusion as to what that “max” is: Assuming the cap at $101 million, as the NBA is expecting, Noel’s contract can start at 25 percent of the cap with eight-percent annual raises. That equals $25.25 mil as his starting salary and about $146.45 million over five years
    I like Nerlens too, but who the ? is paying THAT?

? Colangelo. He should've finished the season as a Sixer at least. ? then two picks we got Dallas for him (tho Justin Anderson was a decent return)
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These kids wanna be Kyrie and Steph so bad but don't realize these they are elite for a reason. They see the highlights and think I can do that too. Which is fine, but they should be focused on the time and effort that's put into their craft.

He's 15, he'll figure it out but that's on the coach. He should've pulled him.
    These other kids not going to sit back and let him fool on them. He got a target on his back and they feel they are just as good as he is.

I won't be surprised if more tapes come out like that.

I guess you don't know who the coach is huh?
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I see is Lamelo can play but he can't take his game to the next level of competition. At first he was a big fish in a small pond but now he's gonna have to play with all the other big fishes. He doesn't seem to lack confidence but lord his father should pray he doesn't get postered. (Doesn't play defense either apparently)
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just talking to Spurs fans out here it seemed like it was around 60/40 in favor of signing him but the more people realize what thats going to take they're starting to back off on him a little bit.......a lot of them are stuck on trying to bring George Hill back despite the fact that hes 31and still going to demand a lot of money

There isn't really a quick fix like some fair weather fans want. George Hill will not be worth the money he is going to demand this offseason and he isn't all that young. 2018 free agency will be big for the team but for this up coming season the roster is pretty much already set, unless they blow ? up.

I hope the team can keep Patty Mills at a solid price but if his asking price is crazy high they gotta let him walk. It isn't smart to mortgage the future of the team. If the front office plays their cards right (which I'm sure they will) the team will be able to get another good running mate around Kawhi's age that should keep the team in (real) title contention during the 2018 free agency period.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There isn't really a quick fix like some fair weather fans want. George Hill will not be worth the money he is going to demand this offseason and he isn't all that young. 2018 free agency will be big for the team but for this up coming season the roster is pretty much already set, unless they blow ? up.

I hope the team can keep Patty Mills at a solid price but if his asking price is crazy high they gotta let him walk. It isn't smart to mortgage the future of the team. If the front office plays their cards right (which I'm sure they will) the team will be able to get another good running mate around Kawhi's age that should keep the team in (real) title contention during the 2018 free agency period.

Y'all want Jrue Holiday?