The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aka40Cal wrote: »
    These kids wanna be Kyrie and Steph so bad but don't realize these they are elite for a reason. They see the highlights and think I can do that too. Which is fine, but they should be focused on the time and effort that's put into their craft.

He's 15, he'll figure it out but that's on the coach. He should've pulled him.
    These other kids not going to sit back and let him fool on them. He got a target on his back and they feel they are just as good as he is.

I won't be surprised if more tapes come out like that.

I guess you don't know who the coach is huh?

? wasn't dressed as a coach. He had on the crackhead uniform
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    “Not that I see,” Wojnarowski said of Paul’s chances of ending up with the Spurs. “I don’t know where that came from. I’ve spent a lot of time around the Spurs this spring. They would have to just tear up that entire payroll. It’s almost unlike anything the Spurs would’ve done or would do to even have a chance at him. I mean, they’d have to really gut the roster. And to do that for a 30-plus year old point guard, who has a couple great years left, there’s no question — I think there’s more pressure on the Clippers to have to re-sign him than for the Spurs to turn their whole franchise over to make a run at him.”

Nope those conference finals jokes are gonna continue

Woj only stated the obvious with his quote and I hope he is 100% right and the Spurs will not do anything crazy like trying to pursue a guy like Chris Paul for the amount of money he is going to demand.

The team needs to keep acquiring young talent to build around Kawhi. Hopefully some of the Euro stash guys pan out and we can find some more underrated/unheralded free agent gems.

Just talking to Spurs fans out here it seemed like it was around 60/40 in favor of signing him but the more people realize what thats going to take they're starting to back off on him a little bit.......a lot of them are stuck on trying to bring George Hill back despite the fact that hes 31and still going to demand a lot of money

There isn't really a quick fix like some fair weather fans want. George Hill will not be worth the money he is going to demand this offseason and he isn't all that young. 2018 free agency will be big for the team but for this up coming season the roster is pretty much already set, unless they blow ? up.

I hope the team can keep Patty Mills at a solid price but if his asking price is crazy high they gotta let him walk. It isn't smart to mortgage the future of the team. If the front office plays their cards right (which I'm sure they will) the team will be able to get another good running mate around Kawhi's age that should keep the team in (real) title contention during the 2018 free agency period.

Y'all want Jrue Holiday?

He's too expensive I think

Tony Parker not playing until December or January

Sign rose and have Parker back him up when he gets back. This way if millz costs too much, they should be straight
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Bruh literally only posts to say how Bron got it easy or isn't this or that

I swear this "weak Eastern conference" ? didn't exist b4 bron

Where you been at? The East been universally looked at weak since MJ retired. Pedestrian Sixer and Net teams were competing for championships until the Pistons came and gave them credibility. Even they were underachievers letting inferior and one man teams end their seasons. It wasn't until Boston built a "super team", Dwight became a star and LeBron became the best in the league that people started taking the East seriously. Even that only lasted for a few years.

No one harped on it or used that excuse against a single player to my knowledge until Bron, it's like when bron became the best ? was like "ikr, only cuz the east so weak". Now we got ? with literally nothing to say but "LeBron run the east cuz it's weak"

The bolded is a got damn lie
    . I remember it being dubbed the "Leastern" conference(I maintain they stole it from me) by ESPN before Lebron started his run.

READ THE WHOLE POST NOT JUST A PIECE!!!
    Bruh literally only posts to say how Bron got it easy or isn't this or that

I swear this "weak Eastern conference" ? didn't exist b4 bron

Where you been at? The East been universally looked at weak since MJ retired. Pedestrian Sixer and Net teams were competing for championships until the Pistons came and gave them credibility. Even they were underachievers letting inferior and one man teams end their seasons. It wasn't until Boston built a "super team", Dwight became a star and LeBron became the best in the league that people started taking the East seriously. Even that only lasted for a few years.

No one harped on it or used that excuse against a single player to my knowledge until Bron, it's like when bron became the best ? was like "ikr, only cuz the east so weak". Now we got ? with literally nothing to say but "LeBron run the east cuz it's weak"

But let y'all tell it, ? was hollering, "bruh j. Kidd only look like a great pg on the nets cuz the east weak, he scared to go out west!" Aight bruh

I read the whole post. You made two claims. I focussed on one. Maybe you used the wrong wording to try to get your point across but that's your fault, not mine. You made the statement that no one "harped" on the east being weak, which simply isn't true and is easily disproved. Your second claim followed the "or" and I chose to not even engage that narrative because I don't fit in that group.

No one harped on it to criticize a single player is what I'm saying, but u got it b
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenny Rogers was cooking

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenny Rogers was cooking

Kenny vs Michael could've been the next Bird vs Magic
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “Not that I see,” Wojnarowski said of Paul’s chances of ending up with the Spurs. “I don’t know where that came from. I’ve spent a lot of time around the Spurs this spring. They would have to just tear up that entire payroll. It’s almost unlike anything the Spurs would’ve done or would do to even have a chance at him. I mean, they’d have to really gut the roster. And to do that for a 30-plus year old point guard, who has a couple great years left, there’s no question — I think there’s more pressure on the Clippers to have to re-sign him than for the Spurs to turn their whole franchise over to make a run at him.”

Woj only stated the obvious with his quote and I hope he is 100% right and the Spurs will not do anything crazy like trying to pursue a guy like Chris Paul for the amount of money he is going to demand.

The team needs to keep acquiring young talent to build around Kawhi. Hopefully some of the Euro stash guys pan out and we can find some more underrated/unheralded free agent gems.

Just talking to Spurs fans out here it seemed like it was around 60/40 in favor of signing him but the more people realize what thats going to take they're starting to back off on him a little bit.......a lot of them are stuck on trying to bring George Hill back despite the fact that hes 31and still going to demand a lot of money

There isn't really a quick fix like some fair weather fans want. George Hill will not be worth the money he is going to demand this offseason and he isn't all that young. 2018 free agency will be big for the team but for this up coming season the roster is pretty much already set, unless they blow ? up.

I hope the team can keep Patty Mills at a solid price but if his asking price is crazy high they gotta let him walk. It isn't smart to mortgage the future of the team. If the front office plays their cards right (which I'm sure they will) the team will be able to get another good running mate around Kawhi's age that should keep the team in (real) title contention during the 2018 free agency period.

Y'all want Jrue Holiday?

Y'all want Jrue Holiday?

He's too expensive I think

Tony Parker not playing until December or January

Sign rose and have Parker back him up when he gets back. This way if millz costs too much, they should be straight

No to both of those guys. I would rather they keep Patty who knows the culture, play calls and personnel but at the right price though.

If patty's contract gets too high sign a vet who can defend and hit open jumpers to be a place holder or backup Murray for a smaller price. See what the young guy can do

Tony and Pau's deals come off the books the summer of 2018 I believe
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A guy like Shelvin Mack would be a solid pick up if Patty Mills leaves because he wouldn't cost much, he knows the system due to the Jazz running similar sets, he is some what of a veteran, and he would fall back if Murray turns out to be good and or if Tony comes back solid.

Even garbage ass Michael Carter-Williams could maybe work in a pinch due to defensive potential and him still being some what young.

? , they could even pick up a player in a foreign league who has a good international resume
  • Beta
    Options
    Patty mills and Rio sounds great
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lebron would be dominate in any conference.

Agreed

He wouldn't have made 7 straight finals though

Agreed

Depends on what team he joined... imagine if Bron went to the spurs in 10 instead of Miami... who beating them in the west 7 straight years?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    A guy like Shelvin Mack would be a solid pick up if Patty Mills leaves because he wouldn't cost much, he knows the system due to the Jazz running similar sets, he is some what of a veteran, and he would fall back if Murray turns out to be good and or if Tony comes back solid.

Even garbage ass Michael Carter-Williams could maybe work in a pinch due to defensive potential and him still being some what young.

? , they could even pick up a player in a foreign league who has a good international resume

I forgot our rookie who is already on the roster by the name of Forbes who might be able to play until TP comes back
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenny Rogers was cooking

lol at jordan playing extra hard in a charity game
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Agreed

Agreed

Depends on what team he joined... imagine if Bron went to the spurs in 10 instead of Miami... who beating them in the west 7 straight years?

Not sure the Spurs system caters to Lebron's style of play. I know he is a willing passer but he also likes to dominate the ball at times. I can see a personality clash between him and Pop. Lebron wants and deserves control and Pop don't seem like the dude to give it up.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chef got more to lose than anybody these Finals.

He severely damages his legacy with a poor performance
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

Agreed

Agreed

Not sure the Spurs system caters to Lebron's style of play. I know he is a willing passer but he also likes to dominate the ball at times. I can see a personality clash between him and Pop. Lebron wants and deserves control and Pop don't seem like the dude to give it up.

The Spurs the last 2 seasons and this season in particular didn't play on offense like the team that demolished the Heat in the NBA finals. Kawhi this season more than last season played a ? load of high pick and roll action and isolation ball due to the lack of play makers. Even Aldridge got a lot of touches on the low block in isolation. The offense aka system this season isn't what most remember it being in the past few seasons.

A true sleeper (right now before more individual workouts) I feel in this upcoming draft is Frank Jackson from Duke. Freshman point guard who has serious long arms and crazy athletic ability. He played solid his freshman season and most didn't think he would declare for the draft but he did so well in the combine with athletic testing and 5on5 games that he signed an agent. Unless he kills it in individual workouts I can see one of the playoff teams nabbing him late 1st round. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a promise from a team
  • Beta
    Options
    IMO Durant has the most to lose.

Beat me to it
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed

Agreed

The Spurs the last 2 seasons and this season in particular didn't play on offense like the team that demolished the Heat in the NBA finals. Kawhi this season more than last season played a ? load of high pick and roll action and isolation ball due to the lack of play makers. Even Aldridge got a lot of touches on the low block in isolation. The offense aka system this season isn't what most remember it being in the past few seasons.

I was basing my comment off a 2010-2013 Spurs team. Before Kawhi became a star. Aneed was saying if LBJ joined back then. At that time Parker,Duncan and Manu could still make plays so i just couldn't see that point forward style LBJ likes go over well with Pop back then. We will never know tho.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't argue with that

But Durant hasn't had multiple MVPs and multiple poor performances in the Finals.

Kyrie ate his lunch last year.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

Agreed

Agreed

I was basing my comment off a 2010-2013 Spurs team. Before Kawhi became a star. Aneed was saying if LBJ joined back then. At that time Parker,Duncan and Manu could still make plays so i just couldn't see that point forward style LBJ likes go over well with Pop back then. We will never know tho.

My bad, I hear you on your response then.

I think Pop has proven to adjust to his talent but like you stated that system was so nice and such a beautiful brand of basketball that I don't know if LeBron would've worked. Like you stated the world may never know.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

I can't argue with that

But Durant hasn't had multiple MVPs and multiple poor performances in the Finals.

Its durant imo because of leaving a team that had the greatest regular season team record wise down 3-1 n not only not being able to close the deal due to poor stretches in the closing games with a top 5 player, but leaving to join said team on some if u can't beat em join em ? .
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would look much worse on KD. To lose to Bron again after leaving for a team that beat him in the WCF.

It's like what else can he do? Might as well join Cleveland next.

Steph ? the bed last year but in 2015 he started off slow and started to figure it out. He played decent but I can't say it was horrible.

Out of these 3 runs they had this is the best ball he's played. He looks determined but so does Bron.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

I can't argue with that

Its durant imo because of leaving a team that had the greatest regular season team record wise down 3-1 n not only not being able to close the deal due to poor stretches in the closing games with a top 5 player, but leaving to join said team on some if u can't beat em join em ? .

Durant gon look like bron, when he lost to the mavs if warriors lose
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo ? give Bron a pass for that Mavs series in these GOAT talks. My ? averaged 18. I bet off the top you couldn't guess who the 2nd leading scorer for the Mavs was. We remember how stupid Dirk played in the WCF but he shot like 40% in that finals

That's why none of this ? join em when they beat em narrative ? matter if they handle business and run off a few titles

The story will be are they the greatest team and Steph and KD will be measured against the GOATs