The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    BDBIID wrote: »
    "It's wrong because he joined a 73 win team, instead he should've joined a 67 win spurs team. Then and only then I would've respected him!"

:/

Yea Leave out that he had said 73 win team down 3-1 and couldn't close the deal or be resilient like a real competitor. Leave out that he left top 5 help(that yall ? said was better than him!) regardless of play style. Leave out that he was the main comp in the West to the warriors besides maybe the spurs but instead joined an already Superteam that didn't need him. This what I mean, he did what's best for him but some of y'all choose to ignore semantics n Y'all wishy washy. Y'all b all on MJ, Kobe or Westbrook nuts for "passion" and "competitive drive" but capin for Durant after showing a lack of both, make ur mind up or just say u don't like Bron, kinfolk.

I could give a damn about Bron. Just because I clap at the "I'm a Bron fan his team is my team #cowboysnation" ? don't mean I'm anti Bron.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of saying Warriors is wrong spurs cool. If Pop didn't rest guys and chased history last year Spurs team would've won at least 70 too.

If ? wanna cry he didn't pick other teams in the 50 win range go ahead. But ? acting like the Spurs wasn't playing at a historic clip themselves. He picked the wrong historic team is semantics in its own right. And it's driven by feelings.

Lmao. the Spurs last season and even this season with the great regular season records still got pushed around last year in the playoffs by Durants OKC team and ? coach due to the fact just like this season that they were hella flawed. I love my team but people on here who've seen me post know I'm honest about them.

If Durant would've came to San Antonio and the Warriors stayed the same it still would've been a competitive series and not a forgone conclusion. He knew that just like anybody who actually watches the NBA knew that. He took the path of least resistance (which is cool) to the championship by going to a younger team that was ready made and didn't change much to get him.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    When lebron went to miami people were saying it's a wrap jvg said they'd win 33 in a row and 73 games lebron talking bout throwing oops to pat riley on fast breaks.He said the objective is 'win not 1 not 2 not 3 'etc

Y'all having selective memory.What lebron and durant did was the same(joined all stars in their primes) ? just mad durant took it to another level.

Nah it's not the same at all. Leaving Cleveland to go to a team where your starting PG is Mario Chalmers ain't the same as going to a team where your starting PG is the reigning 2x MVP

Yes it is

Facts
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    When lebron went to miami people were saying it's a wrap jvg said they'd win 33 in a row and 73 games lebron talking bout throwing oops to pat riley on fast breaks.He said the objective is 'win not 1 not 2 not 3 'etc

Y'all having selective memory.What lebron and durant did was the same(joined all stars in their primes) ? just mad durant took it to another level.

Nah it's not the same at all. Leaving Cleveland to go to a team where your starting PG is Mario Chalmers ain't the same as going to a team where your starting PG is the reigning 2x MVP

Semantics.Both players left to have better chances of winning championships.Both players joined multiple all stars in their prime and lebron joined a team with a finals mvp in his prime.

Heat intentionally fielded those mediocre rosters to preserve their cap space they planned that summer for 2 seasons.Warriors were competing for titles the last 2 years.That's the ONLY difference
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Naw he went to a shooting guard who had won a ring and finals mvp. Ur just moving the goal post.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully he committed that last night

https://youtu.be/DjXULB2Hb7U

wtf is this and wtf did I just watch? smh. Never heard of this dude until now and I see he was on all the platforms
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

wtf is this and wtf did I just watch? smh. Never heard of this dude until now and I see he was on all the platforms

Biggest lebron dickrider out there goes out his way to ? on jordan to big up lebron he says lebron is the goat.Duke posted a flight to game 6 in cleveland before game 5 was played.That's how confident he was

He's a stat geek all he does his spews stats.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any doc with a marvin "bad news" barnes sighting i ? wit. Even with him only having 30 seconds
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? really vex cause KD got one lol

Y'all need a vacation
  • AZTG
    Options

Biggest lebron dickrider out there goes out his way to ? on jordan to big up lebron he says lebron is the goat.Duke posted a flight to game 6 in cleveland before game 5 was played.That's how confident he was

He's a stat geek all he does his spews stats.

I remember dude now. Straight clown.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ? tight cuz durant did what he wanted to do and not what they wanted him to do

It's all good when lebron does it resulting in his teams sweeping thru the east for years.Now they wanna cry when someone else it does

bu but He shoulda went to play with 40 y/o manu and washed tony parker with kahwi being the ONLY good player moving forward or he shoulda played wit a midget and marcus smart jumping around like a wwe wrestler every play

Shut the ? up

? still call him weak from The Decision in 2010 and talk about how every title he won someone had to "save" his legacy....he still catches heat for it
  • blackrain
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Reminds me of lebrons "The Decision". Here in Chicago mfs were giddy at the possibility of him coming to the bulls. I remember the front page paper putting him in a bulls uniform.

When he said South Beach it was "? lebron james his arrogant ass made a whole tv show (that they tuned into) for this ? ???"

I was thoroughly disgusted at the bitchassness of those around me.

If he wouldve came to chicago mfs would praise him like a ? .

Thats why i enjoy when athletes make "? what u fans think" moves.

I got friends who are Knicks fans and they had photoshopped pics of LeBron in a Knicks jersey everywhere. That what makes the Bulls and Knicks fans hating on LeBron so funny to me...? was wishing he came to their squad and he was the greatest...til he didn't and then he's a fraud, soft, scared etc...
  • blackrain
    Options

Semantics.Both players left to have better chances of winning championships.Both players joined multiple all stars in their prime and lebron joined a team with a finals mvp in his prime.

Heat intentionally fielded those mediocre rosters to preserve their cap space they planned that summer for 2 seasons.Warriors were competing for titles the last 2 years.That's the ONLY difference

But it is a difference...you can't negate the difference in the situations just to fit your narrative. The motivation behind the moves was the same...how the moves were done is not the same. Neither is wrong, but they're not the same
  • blackrain
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Naw he went to a shooting guard who had won a ring and finals mvp. Ur just moving the goal post.

That same Finals MVP hadn't been out the first round in how many years before LeBron and Bosh came?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited June 2017
    Options

It's all good when lebron does it resulting in his teams sweeping thru the east for years.Now they wanna cry when someone else it does

bu but He shoulda went to play with 40 y/o manu and washed tony parker with kahwi being the ONLY good player moving forward or he shoulda played wit a midget and marcus smart jumping around like a wwe wrestler every play

Shut the ? up

? still call him weak from The Decision in 2010 and talk about how every title he won someone had to "save" his legacy....he still catches heat for it

You shouldn't care what others say so much cuz you're way too invested in what others think.

Lebron got 3 rings nobody be talkin that weak stuff no more not in reality at least I don't use twitter/facebook
  • blackrain
    Options

Shut the ? up

You shouldn't care what others say so much cuz you're way too invested in what others think.

Lebron got 3 rings nobody be talkin that weak stuff no more not in reality at least I don't use twitter/facebook

Don't confuse caring with being aware...basketball has always been my favorite sport to watch so I've always kept up with news and ? concerning the league and players whether it's on my team or not...and it's kind of hard to ignore ? being said about LeBron James of all people
  • blackrain
    Options

And some people from Boston wonder why it has the racist rep it has
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shut the ? up

Don't confuse caring with being aware...basketball has always been my favorite sport to watch so I've always kept up with news and ? concerning the league and players whether it's on my team or not...and it's kind of hard to ignore ? being said about LeBron James of all people

Cause ur an a-1 stan lol
  • blackrain
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

Shut the ? up

Cause ur an a-1 stan lol

Yup...I'm a stan because I see what people say about the most popular player of the last decade...really got to go searching hard for that information
  • AZTG
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I said this before a few days ago. To me, dudes teaming up is dudes teaming up. No real difference.

Bron created a team in Miami. Only reason he went to Miami was because he knew Wade and Bosh would be there. D.wade before lebron got there averaged 26, Bosh averaged 24. Those numbers were no joke.

And then, when wade and bosh starting falling off, he went to the Cavs, to play with Kyrie, and forced them to trade for Love. Kyries averaged 21 and had potential to grow, Love averaged 26. Again, no joke.

So its cool to build a super team, but wrong to join one ready built? Or is the rule, 3 all stars are cool, but 4 is too much?

I think its a ? move either way, I just dont see the difference.

Cats talking about its different because they had to build the Miami team, but how hard is it to build a team when you got a dude averaging 26, one 24, and 30 already signed?

Idk man. If yall hate it cool, if yall love it cool, just be consistent.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cedric Maxwell eyes look crazy ass ? . you high bruh?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only reason Bosh went to Miami was because LBJ was going to be there and Wade stayed because Bron was coming.

They figured lets just go Miami because it's overall better place to be and you got Riley.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on draft!
  • AZTG
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The only reason Bosh went to Miami was because LBJ was going to be there and Wade stayed because Bron was coming.

They figured lets just go Miami because it's overall better place to be and you got Riley.

Plus it was easier to take 1.5-2 mil less than max when there is no state tax.
  • blackrain
    Options
    I said this before a few days ago. To me, dudes teaming up is dudes teaming up. No real difference.

Bron created a team in Miami. Only reason he went to Miami was because he knew Wade and Bosh would be there. D.wade before lebron got there averaged 26, Bosh averaged 24. Those numbers were no joke.

And then, when wade and bosh starting falling off, he went to the Cavs, to play with Kyrie, and forced them to trade for Love. Kyries averaged 21 and had potential to grow, Love averaged 26. Again, no joke.

So its cool to build a super team, but wrong to join one ready built? Or is the rule, 3 all stars are cool, but 4 is too much?

I think its a ? move either way, I just dont see the difference.

Cats talking about its different because they had to build the Miami team, but how hard is it to build a team when you got a dude averaging 26, one 24, and 30 already signed?

Idk man. If yall hate it cool, if yall love it cool, just be consistent.

The bold is what happened with KG and Jesus Shuttlesworth teaming up with Paul Pierce in Boston but like it's been said some people love when a GM does it...hate when players themselves do it which is dumb as ?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Plus it was easier to take 1.5-2 mil less than max when there is no state tax.

Word.

Gordan-Hayward-Miami-Heat.jpg